AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Bridgehampton, Wednesday 27th July 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@pcmoreno
What ever you do never get despondent about your pace.
From my perspective you are quick, for most of us it takes a long time to round off all the rough edges. ( I do not have any pace, I have just learnt how to fit into race department AC events )

When I first went onto race department online races, mainly because of its fair driving policy, and so much more exciting than AI.
I was 6 seconds at silverstone off the pace, and stayed there for a long time.
But I took consolation in the fact I rarely came off and I seemed to find setting up a car , easy, but more importantly fun. ( I am sure that setting up cars has in an unforeseen way taught me to be quicker )
You only need to look at the great days of MX5 races at race department, 50 people applying to race them and two races to fit them all in and that Rotter Alan was still out front.
I considered it, eventually, great a honour to get in the top ten, that did not happen often.
We used to have a race commentator then, that really made it seem like a real occasion.:thumbsup:
If I had been gifted ability of being of alien pace, I really do not think I would still be racing now.
I find I really enjoy the struggle of getting into a place we’re occasionally! I can give those alien rotters, like Alan, a run for their money, and always treat a race as a race within a race..
Being quite at ease with being overtaken, apart from Paul ricard last week , just getting in everyone’s way and refusing to not let anyone pass. I should have come last in that race.:roflmao::roflmao:
And nearly did, but enjoyed it a lot.

Things I have learnt.

mid field and back are not easy places to be. ( unless you have a load of pace in hand, still not easy )

Ride your good luck, especially for mid field drivers. ( general luck is the same for all in a 60min race ) if I have bad luck in a race, I then expect some good luck to even it out. Does not alway work that way unfortunately.

(Han has been having a lot of rotten luck of late, so when my bad luck spell arrives, I remember that. Still Moan though. )

Try and be consistent, give up lap time to ensure you stay on track.

Stress for me is a major player, really gets to me. If i get someone trying to overtake, I do my utmost to relax, keep my apex’s flowing and try not to go faster, he has your car length to overcome, you don’t. ( be very aware of your surroundings, if you can )

Be patient in a race, never get despondent (sometimes a difficult one)
Other people mistakes and bad luck can help you a lot.

Stay out of trouble, learn to know when you should get involved and not to get involved. ( again, easier said than done )

. 4D048323-7DA8-4430-BD94-B68B866D00CD.png

Just a waffling pep talk.

+1 to staying on track all race, even if it means you're a little slower. The longer you stay on track, the longer the drivers in front of you have to stay on track too to hold their position. At least thats what I tell myself when I'm falling back :)

Also this group has some seriously fast drivers :thumbsup: I try to learn everything I can from them apart from their lap times. Those I try to forget :cautious: :laugh:

Last edited:
@pcmoreno
What ever you do never get despondent about your pace.
From my perspective you are quick, for most of us it takes a long time to round off all the rough edges. ( I do not have any pace, I have just learnt how to fit into race department AC events )

When I first went onto race department online races, mainly because of its fair driving policy, and so much more exciting than AI.
I was 6 seconds at silverstone off the pace, and stayed there for a long time.
But I took consolation in the fact I rarely came off and I seemed to find setting up a car , easy, but more importantly fun. ( I am sure that setting up cars has in an unforeseen way taught me to be quicker )
You only need to look at the great days of MX5 races at race department, 50 people applying to race them and two races to fit them all in and that Rotter Alan was still out front.
I considered it, eventually, great a honour to get in the top ten, that did not happen often.
We used to have a race commentator then, that really made it seem like a real occasion.:thumbsup:
If I had been gifted ability of being of alien pace, I really do not think I would still be racing now.
I find I really enjoy the struggle of getting into a place we’re occasionally! I can give those alien rotters, like Alan, a run for their money, and always treat a race as a race within a race..
Being quite at ease with being overtaken, apart from Paul ricard last week , just getting in everyone’s way and refusing to not let anyone pass. I should have come last in that race.:roflmao::roflmao:
And nearly did, but enjoyed it a lot.

Things I have learnt.

mid field and back are not easy places to be. ( unless you have a load of pace in hand, still not easy )

Ride your good luck, especially for mid field drivers. ( general luck is the same for all in a 60min race ) if I have bad luck in a race, I then expect some good luck to even it out. Does not alway work that way unfortunately.

(Han has been having a lot of rotten luck of late, so when my bad luck spell arrives, I remember that. Still Moan though. )

Try and be consistent, give up lap time to ensure you stay on track.

Stress for me is a major player, really gets to me. If i get someone trying to overtake, I do my utmost to relax, keep my apex’s flowing and try not to go faster, he has your car length to overcome, you don’t. ( be very aware of your surroundings, if you can )

Be patient in a race, never get despondent (sometimes a difficult one)
Other people mistakes and bad luck can help you a lot.

Stay out of trouble, learn to know when you should get involved and not to get involved. ( again, easier said than done )

.View attachment 587078

Just a waffling pep talk.
Thats really said well Ernie and very nice of you. I'd be happy to add one thing. Take some time to get up to speed. If you want to be really quick you'll have to invest some hours behind your wheel.

Personally I don't have a lot of time to take long practices to really get up to speed. I'm trying to lean a bit at my raw speed and quick adaptation. But on some tracks which I dont know or are simply to hard to learn in a short time i'm simply getting lost. Normally I practice 1h before going into the free practice which is not enough but the fun with you guys is the most important thing.

What i'm trying to say is. Everybody has a basic speed and a learning curve. But if you keep on driving you'll get up to speed automatically. Dont get inpatient

Latest News

Back