AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Bridgehampton, Wednesday 27th July 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Poor old Abarth, it is going to be battered by those rotters in Mazda's.
just had a race with Alan, no hope, the more I pushed to stay in contact, the more I came off.
You have to be right up a Mazda chuff to get by if you see what I mean.

OIP (2).jpg

Did a few laps earlier, and then later watched you and Alan Ernie, looks like passing takes some planning to get clear:unsure: Would love to join, Bridgehampton is just a bit special:inlove::inlove:
just had a race with Alan, no hope, the more I pushed to stay in contact, the more I came off.

View attachment 586517

John, you look to have about the pace of Alan, normally the more competition the Mazdas have the more likely of an off, unfortunately, the Abarth does not have the pace here to take advantage of that.
Even though it is stable here, so far I have not had a 360 deg, just onto the sand.
The Mazda is more likely to have a big off, especially as the competition is going to be strong here.

John, you look to have about the pace of Alan, normally the more competition the Mazdas have the more likely of an off, unfortunately, the Abarth does not have the pace here to take advantage of that.
Even though it is stable here, so far I have not had a 360 deg, just onto the sand.
The Mazda is more likely to have a big off, especially as the competition is going to be strong here.
Felt good tbh, but wishing it was a Porsche short tail or Bimmer DTM:laugh:

Drove the Abarth for a couple of laps and... not for me :roflmao: (fun for 5 mins, but I guess eats tyres 'n fades away), needs super late apexes to stay ahead I guess.

Don't want to enter unless I can last an hour, fecks up other ppl's racing, Will see tomorrow :thumbsup:

Felt good tbh, but wishing it was a Porsche short tail or Bimmer DTM:laugh:

Drove the Abarth for a couple of laps and... not for me :roflmao: (fun for 5 mins, but I guess eats tyres 'n fades away), needs super late apexes to stay ahead I guess.

Don't want to enter unless I can last an hour, fecks up other ppl's racing, Will see tomorrow :thumbsup:
I don't mind if you only join us for half the race, John if your back isn't up to a whole hour.
And I'm quite certain that the other drivers will not have a problem with that either.

It's a little bit disappointing that you can drive straight through the tyres that the apexes have. I know that IRL they were quite soft after people kept driving over them, but I think you should at least notice them? Or is it just my FFB settings and a cheap wheel.. :unsure:
Nevertheless, what a magnificent track! :cool:

View attachment 586517
Yes I saw Allan's time. A bit disappointing because I thought the Abarth would be at least equal. But the difference is not that big so we can have nice battles with the midfield Mazda's. And of course if Allan is behind us after our pitstopx, he will have to give everything to overtake.

Alan ( Rotter ) really did not have much of a problem getting by, I thought I could hold on, the corner speed of the Mazda is just too much for the Abarth, the Abarth just cannot make use of its straight-line performance, plus it is not the most stable of mid-corner cars.

Does anyone know who Callum Kerr is? He is new on S.GP and has registered for the race tonight but he didn't ask for the password.

I'd like to send him a PM with some information and ask him to read our rules.

Sod's Law: Thought I'd give it a go, tried to log in at start of quali, and wouldn't let me in - I guess you have to enter during practice? :unsure: (so had a few laps offline and beat my pb as consolation :D )

Hope y'all had a great race! :)

Han, I just messaged you about Callum. New recruit and I gave him the password. Should have checked with you first, sorry.
Thanks Douglas and Raul,

I've send him a PM now. Great to have a new guy. I hope he will enjoy himself tonight.
Sod's Law: Thought I'd give it a go, tried to log in at start of quali, and wouldn't let me in - I guess you have to enter during practice? :unsure: (so had a few laps offline and beat my pb as consolation :D )

Hope y'all had a great race! :)
John,

You have to register on S.GP before the event (Practice) starts. After it's running you can't join anymore. Nor can I as admin add you.

Latest News

Back