AC Multiclass Abarth 500/Mazda MX5@Sebring, Wed 28th September 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The Mazda just "fluffs" over the curbs
1664283424984.png

What replacement did you get in the end?

I decided to go Fanatec. :)

DD Pro 8nm wheelbase
McLaren GT3 v2 wheel
CSL Elite pedals with load cell kit

I've had limited time so have only unboxed them, no setup or getting dialled in which is why the old G27 is getting a last race.

It's going to be a big step up but probably take time to adjust.

Glad I paid for them before the pound took a nosedive. :)

Last edited:
I decided to go Fanatec. :)

DD Pro 8nm wheelbase
McLaren GT3 v2 wheel
CSL Elite pedals with load cell kit

I've had limited time so have only unboxed them, no setup or getting dialled in which is why the old G27 is getting a last race.

It's going to be a big step up but probably take time to adjust.

Glad I paid for them before the pound took a nosedive. :)
Good choice. I have the same so if you have any questions, let me know.

Here is a good place to start with base settings...

@RasmusP
Strange my AC and in other games, the frame rate dropped to 70fps and my GPU had a permanent 100% showing. temps perfectly normal. 50 deg C
Even in windows???
I just could not find the cause, any ideas, I switched it off and on restart, the mysterious problem had gone.
Happy about that, but concerned I could not find the reason for the GPU being at 100%.
:(

@RasmusP
Strange my AC and in other games, the frame rate dropped to 70fps and my GPU had a permanent 100% showing. temps perfectly normal. 50 deg C
Even in windows???
I just could not find the cause, any ideas, I switched it off and on restart, the mysterious problem had gone.
Happy about that, but concerned I could not find the reason for the GPU being at 100%.
someone hacked your PC and was using it to mine bitcoin. ;)

@RasmusP
Even in windows???
Sadly I have no idea...
Was it just a single occurrence or did it happen multiple times?
GPU to 100% is quite rare. Normally it's some background process occupying the CPU, not the graphics card.

The big question is whether or not your card actually got loaded to 100% or the clockspeeds dropped so far, that the AC load resulted in 100%.

I personally would let OpenHardwareMonitor run in the background with gpu load and core clock selected for plotting. It tracks the last 24h so you'll definitely find out what's going on when.

Then to find out if some program is using the GPU apart from the foreground game, I'd also keep TaskManager open and sorted for GPU load.

Afaik there's no way to log GPU utilization by application. Windows' own "PerfMon" can't do it as far as I had a go with that and I really don't get why you can't log what the TaskManager shows you... Would be too simple for Microsoft to add that feature...

someone hacked your PC and was using it to mine bitcoin. ;)
Luckily Bitcoin and Ethereum changed from... "Proof of work" to "Proof of stake", which put an end to the main GPU mining boom :D

Sorry guys, I was having all sorts of issues with stuttering and a car that would not handle. I spun on the last corner and with incoming traffic I didn't have time to warn you so just stayed still but caused a major incident, humble apologies to all affected. Retired the car after that.:redface::(:thumbsdown:

Latest News

Back