Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

2009-fiat-500-abarth-review-car-and-driver-photo-260871-s-original.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

The Feldbergring is one on the great tracks made by @Fat-Alfie . It's an historic circuit in the Taunus mountain range with a lot of elevation. With almost 12 kilometers of beautiful scenery and a picturesque village it's worth to take a slow lap and just enjoy the cruise. For racing the track it has a lot of different challenges with all kinds of corners and difficult braking zones. It has also one of the longest full throttle sectors of the AC tracks available. If you like the Nordschleife, you will love the Feldbergring! It will be interesting to see if the Abarths can on the straight make up the time they probably loose in the winding part of the track.

It's a multiclass and for some more excitement and action we bend the rules a bit: BLUE FLAGS CAN BE IGNORED IF THE LAPPING CAR IS FROM A DIFFERENT CLASS!

1655379558591.png

So join us for another exciting race and:

Sign up here (Password: same as last week, otherwise post in this thread and I will send you a PM with it.):

It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 1.15 hour - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (19:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Feldbergring, Germany
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Temps: between 21 and 39 (variation applied)
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
Signed up with the crabwalker for now, but I'll spend the weekend running both to see which I'm more comfortable with.

@HF2000 Just in case this is in error - this thread isn't currently stickied!

If you hate the Nordschleife, you will love the Feldbergring!
I´m not sure this is completely true.

On the other hand, sometimes you love the things that break you :rolleyes:

Looks like I will miss this one because of work, let´s hope the best.
I just did a "race simulation :D" of course with 24h progession, this is glorious ( and it broke me :confused:)

MFG Carsten

I did a few laps with the Abarth. Maybe it's because I had driven the Ligier JS8 just before but boy how this car loves this track! And what a relief coming from Kemora yesterday.
Of course I will not post my laptime here but my speedometer reached 232!

Last edited:
Hmmm,this 1 could be the Abarths night, im down to 1.2 secs off Hans time in the bit of praccy i,ve done,possibly shave another 2-3 tenths with a bit more setting the car up,and got it into 6th:O_o::) hitting 215 so with a bit of slip streaming..Who Knows...Also will the Abarth need 2 pitstops????

Last edited:
im down to 1.2 secs off Hans time
That is not much over 12 kilometers! It comes down to the details, like the exit in that horrible last corner before the long straight!

After my practice laps yesterday in which the 500 felt so good, I'm really looking forward to the championship with these cars on all six Fat-Alfie tracks.

Last edited:
Indeed thats where the Abarth will come into its own on the long stretch but that corner will be a pig with the Abarth especially if im behind you applying the pressure ..I want redemption from Le Man..
Fortunately the part before that last corner is also high speed so I expect to have some distance between us plus that my braking zone is towards the inside to avoid the understeer with the Abarth. I think I will have more problems with you in the middle sector in the medium speed corners where you can either go inside or outside depending on where I have to leave space.

If I'm behind you, I can creep towards you on approach to the last corner and overtake you on the straight with the superior speed.

But that's all theory. I could well screw up my start and never see you again.

Last edited:
Yeah, Robert ( FatAlfie) does examplary work with his track mods.

We should probably donate him a few ( crates of) beer for his work.

oh, and on a side note:

in the "Rotes Kreuz" corner there´s one of his " try to cut here and your are dead" poles. We´ve chatted a while back and he does it completely on purpose, so it´premeditated murder 187 :cautious:
That´s not to say there aren´t any other of the murder poles on this track, so you better whatch out ;)

MFG Carsten

Edith:
FA just announced that Battenbergring is in the last stage of release ( aka packaging) so it´s time for Han to put a championship where his mouth has been for quite a while now ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Back