AC Mazda MX5/Abarth 500@Barcelona, Wednesday 18th May 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
With

I guess the following would be illegal, right? If this happens e.g. in qualifying or in the race we would need to lift to compensate and lose a bit of time?
View attachment 567691
It strongly depends if you gain a time with going outside the track limits. In most cases you don't so there's no problem. At Bathurst however there's a lot of time to gain if you go straight on the top of the hill thus going directly into the Dipper. Now that's cheating.
Second is the track limits that AC uses. AC will show your present lap time in red when you go outside the limits and in qually your time will not be valid.

As Robert says above, the most important is good sportmanship. I have no problem if you go once and a while outside the track limits because of a small mistake. It happens to all of us, I think. I hope that when you gain quit some time with it, you will be so sportive to lift a bit to compensate.
The real problem is when a driver does it constantly thus gaining a lot of time in the race. That's simply not fair. Personally I can't understand why you would want to win that way but it happens sometimes. So if you see this that a driver does it almost everylap, please report it to me.

AC (and CrewChief) is using track limits but there's no penalty implemented unfortunately so a driver canjust ignore it in the race.
So checking can only be done manually from the replay but that's not realistic.
So reporting is the only way we have to do something about it. If a guy is reported, we will contact him, ask him to stop doing that and we will monitor him in the future races. If he keeps doing it, he will be banned.

As for you picture: if AC allows it, it's fine by me and everyone can do it so it's the same for everyone. But that's my personal approach for my events.
There are some tracks where the AC track limits are not strict enough. In that case I will inform teh drivers to keep two tyres within white line.
There are also tracks where the AC track limits are too strict, like on Portimao in T3 and T4 but I can't change that of course.

With

I guess the following would be illegal, right? If this happens e.g. in qualifying or in the race we would need to lift to compensate and lose a bit of time?
View attachment 567691

Regardless of the limits question, which answer I'll leave to the stewards, I have to say that it's a great shot. HOw can you get so much detail? I assume it's just a matter of how beefy your computer / GPU is, but I admit I'm a little envious.

Read it everywhere, the first time when playing PC2 and its Clio Cup. Car was spinning everywhere. Much easier to say than to do.. but I guess it's a matter of habit.
Yes totally agree. To be honest, I suck at it. I rarely succeed because it feels so unnatural. But it works when you get it right!

It strongly depends if you gain a time with going outside the track limits. In most cases you don't so there's no problem. At Bathurst however there's a lot of time to gain if you go straight on the top of the hill thus going directly into the Dipper. Now that's cheating.
Second is the track limits that AC uses. AC will show your present lap time in red when you go outside the limits and in qually your time will not be valid.

As Robert says above, the most important is good sportmanship. I have no problem if you go once and a while outside the track limits because of a small mistake. It happens to all of us, I think. I hope that when you gain quit some time with it, you will be so sportive to lift a bit to compensate.
The real problem is when a driver does it constantly thus gaining a lot of time in the race. That's simply not fair. Personally I can't understand why you would want to win that way but it happens sometimes. So if you see this that a driver does it almost everylap, please report it to me.

AC (and CrewChief) is using track limits but there's no penalty implemented unfortunately so a driver canjust ignore it in the race.
So checking can only be done manually from the replay but that's not realistic.
So reporting is the only way we have to do something about it. If a guy is reported, we will contact him, ask him to stop doing that and we will monitor him in the future races. If he keeps doing it, he will be banned.

As for you picture: if AC allows it, it's fine by me and everyone can do it so it's the same for everyone. But that's my personal approach for my events.
There are some tracks where the AC track limits are not strict enough. In that case I will inform teh drivers to keep two tyres within white line.
There are also tracks where the AC track limits are too strict, like on Portimao in T3 and T4 but I can't change that of course.
Thank you for the detailed answer! I see it the same way!

Regardless of the limits question, which answer I'll leave to the stewards, I have to say that it's a great shot. HOw can you get so much detail? I assume it's just a matter of how beefy your computer / GPU is, but I admit I'm a little envious.
Thanks, actually thats a VR screenshot. So the mirrored image on my screen. Was simply watching my replay in VR and used the outside cam, just holding my vr headset 1m to the left to get the angle :D Details are actually quite low, maybe some things on medium but most on low or off, only the resolution is quite high for the HP reverb g2 I think and anti aliasing on 4x. The rest is the magic of SOL

Thank you for the detailed answer! I see it the same way!

Thanks, actually thats a VR screenshot. So the mirrored image on my screen. Was simply watching my replay in VR and used the outside cam, just holding my vr headset 1m to the left to get the angle :D Details are actually quite low, maybe some things on medium but most on low or off, only the resolution is quite high for the HP reverb g2 I think and anti aliasing on 4x. The rest is the magic of SOL
Would you mind sending me some of the settings you are using? :)

Raced at SPA last week in GT1, ( AMS2 ) I really struggle in Assetto corsa GT3 to keep the car leagal up the hill. I spent ages to no avail on the Nissan with driving and setup to achieve that and failed miserably.
In a race I transgress the limits far more than I should, looking at everyone else I am not alone.
In Ams2 GT1 I rarely did, I could get the line and grip just right allowing me to keep to the limits.
My point is that the circuit and car quite often makes that choice for you.

@maxilogan
Rasmus created a none Content Manger sol based piece of software for me, easy if you use CM.
It not only gave me an easier to drive PC , more fps, but a nicer picture into the bargain.
Worth having a chat to Rasmus.

Rookie question: Does anyone have any setup tips for the Mazda this week, in particular its tendency to become a helicopter if it's taken over a kerb? Some of the corners are begging me to put two wheels over the inside (particularly turn 2), but the back end simply buggers off if I even think about it :roflmao: Softening the rear ARB all the way has helped somewhat, but it's still very brown trousers-y if I'm on an inside kerb under acceleration.

Rookie question: Does anyone have any setup tips for the Mazda this week, in particular its tendency to become a helicopter if it's taken over a kerb? Some of the corners are begging me to put two wheels over the inside (particularly turn 2), but the back end simply buggers off if I even think about it :roflmao: Softening the rear ARB all the way has helped somewhat, but it's still very brown trousers-y if I'm on an inside kerb under acceleration.
I'm not an expert but I think troubles with kerbs are best handled by bump values.

You need to do what I cannot, use the throttle and brakes very accurately , the setup you now have should contain the oversteer very well,
You can and do use this to get her balanced, you need to get your turn points spot on, and get the application of brake pressure spot on, but using the throttle to keep the power into the front wheels. Knowing where and when helps massively, that is for me impossible..
I know where and when, my brain just cannot get my limbs to respond.:roflmao:
my multitude of small mistakes means I am always putting everything right , rather than driving the car.
Standard set up is best, but is a rude awakening to you not getting everything correct. My setup hides that for you.
Chris’s is the man for this, I just do not have his skill set, I am alway very aware of all the timing mistakes I make as I go around the circuit.
It is a pity that there is not a master class available for FWD cars, there would be no point in me applying, just cannot get the resolution required to get the job done.
I suppose at least I can see what to do, so at least there is not the frustration of
why.

0E7616EC-D748-40C4-A88C-2ED6525B6714.jpeg

As I am in my waffling cap, and have been for some mysterious psychological reason of late.

You cannot do anything about kerbs in AC, no amount of suspension fettling will achieve what you want, if I am forced into using kerbs, it is my driving that gets me around this.
But and this is a big but, be very aware that you will need very quick reactions to deal with the fourth time over that same kerb, sending you spinning.
I can and do use kerbs, but every time I use a tried and tested kerb attack, it can go horribly wrong.
When using other sims I still cannot get used to using kerbs.

As I am in my waffling cap, and have been for some mysterious psychological reason of late.

You cannot do anything about kerbs in AC, no amount of suspension fettling will achieve what you want, if I am forced into using kerbs, it is my driving that gets me around this.
But and this is a big but, be very aware that you will need very quick reactions to deal with the fourth time over that same kerb, sending you spinning.
I can and do use kerbs, but every time I use a tried and tested kerb attack, it can go horribly wrong.
When using other sims I still cannot get used to using kerbs.

I appreciate the advice Ernie, cheers :) I'm still unfamiliar with how each sim behaves, and that might be contributing somewhat to my troubles (in addition to my lack of skill)

If I can't keep it under control in practice after tweaking the suspension, I'll just keep 4 wheels on the tarmac after lights out :D

Last edited:
@HF2000 just noticed, when checking the times:
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 45 minutes - Race
I think all UTC times are 1 hour too late in that text. So I think it should be 18:00 UTC, 19:20 UTC, 19:40 UTC, since BST is UTC+01 (and CEST is UTC+02), right?

Latest News

Back