AC Mazda MX5/Abarth 500@Barcelona, Wednesday 18th May 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Tomorrow will be a single class event but I'm considering a multiclass with these cars with fuel usage and tyre wear at 100% so the Abarths will need a pitstop thus giving more dynamic races. With probably more lapping by Mazda's where the Abarth's can ignore the blue flags from a Mazda thus giving interesting battles.
Do you like that idea?
Is the question:
Would you like a "knifes out brawl between distant cousins on thanksgiving" kind of race?? :geek:

I´ve been saying for some time now that the "crabwalking shitbox" is treated much too kindly here because all of it´s inherent flaws are glossed over by Han (Michael) Masi :rolleyes:

And still nobody has been kind enough to treat me to driveable setup so I´ll just continue shittalking that thing;)

How about going big and do a 90min race with tyrewear and fuel consumption on 100%.
That should be interesting tactic wise.
But I´m afraid not many people will commit so much time into one race, especially in the summer.:(

MFG Carsten

You are a Rotter Mazda driver Carsten, I have spent ages trying to make an old fart into a fast Mazda driver. With very little success, invariably arriving back at standard with tyre pressures and some toe setting to make me feel that at least I have added something,
only when it is a specific type of circuit can I coax some reasonable pace out of this rotters Mazda.
Complicated circuit, tyres and stock, very simple circuit then setup seems to work very well, for me.

You are a Rotter Mazda driver Carsten, I have spent ages trying to make an old fart into a fast Mazda driver. With very little success, invariably arriving back at standard with tyre pressures and some toe setting to make me feel that at least I have added something,
only when it is a specific type of circuit can I coax some reasonable pace out of this rotters Mazda.
Complicated circuit, tyres and stock, very simple circuit then setup seems to work very well, for me.

Dear Ernie,

you managed to (artfully) misinterprete my ramblings ;)

I think I have a mediocre handle on the Mazda, my beef is with the "crabwalking shitbox" :mad:

I´d be ready to give it another go if someone could teach me how to dial out the "liftoff killsteer"
This suspension flaw is most aggravating when you are used to "steer by throttle" :sick:
And lets not start on the chewed up front outside tyre......

MFG Carsten

Dear Ernie,

I think I have a mediocre handle on the Mazda, my beef is with the "crabwalking shitbox" :mad:

I´d be ready to give it another go if someone could teach me how to dial out the "liftoff killsteer"
This suspension flaw is most aggravating when you are used to "steer by throttle" :sick:

MFG Carsten

I am happy to post my setup to you, and off course I will find you a place to hide from what is obviously going to be a mob of Mazda Rotters searching for a crab walking **** box traitor.

On a more serious note I have put a load of effort in this setup so that I can be 1 or 2 seconds off the pace.:confused:

If it does not work, don’t blame me.:O_o:

Dear Ernie,

MFG Carsten
Apply some throttle when you let go of the brake.

With
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
I guess the following would be illegal, right? If this happens e.g. in qualifying or in the race we would need to lift to compensate and lose a bit of time?
Screenshot 2022-05-18 005720.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure Han can give you a better answer, but to my midfield eyes it seems ok. Maybe could be touching the white instead of fully off, but I think the rule is more enforced for something unsportsmanlike which gains you time/position, like cutting a chicane / unsafe overtake.

Personally, I go by my crew chief and sidekick timer. If it doesn't go red and he doesn't yell at me, I'm going to keep doing it (within the limits of trying to play fair) . And if you go wide during quali, your lap will be invalidated by track limits in game, so it's not much of an issue there specifically.

Last edited:
I'm sure Han can give you a better answer, but to my midfield eyes it seems ok. Maybe could be touching the white instead of fully off, but I think the rule is more enforced for something unsportsmanlike which gains you time/position, like cutting a chicane / unsafe overtake.

Personally, I go by my crew chief and sidekick timer. If it doesn't go red and he doesn't yell at me, I'm going to keep doing it :D . And if you go wide during quali, your lap will be invalidated by track limits in game, so it's not much of an issue there specifically.
Yeah I think the track limits are quite forgiving here, especially on the exit kerbs. That's why I was asking whether I need to be extra cautious. I mean in the race this will most likely happen and should not be a huge deal, but in quali it could mean to abort the lap?

Hi I'm still I managed to do a few laps on the track online, I hadn't bought it on steam, I really like it I wanted to sign up but I need the password.
Sorry but I don't speak English I use the google translator and I struggle a lot on the other hand I can drive discreetly, I wait impatiently, I hope to be able to sign up

If you go as wide as the picture above, I'm going to guess its ok and you can keep on the lap (at least I've been practicing that way :laugh: ). But again, I think the main goal behind the rule is to encourage good sportsmanship and discourage abusing track limits heavily (outside what the game limits).

But the Han can definitely give you a better answer tomorrow / sometimes him and Brian will gives us track specific heads up before quali and race for tracks like this with wide sides.

Last edited:
Hi I'm still I managed to do a few laps on the track online, I hadn't bought it on steam, I really like it I wanted to sign up but I need the password.
Sorry but I don't speak English I use the google translator and I struggle a lot on the other hand I can drive discreetly, I wait impatiently, I hope to be able to sign up
Welcome! Password sent!

Latest News

Back