Kyalami 2016

Tracks Kyalami 2016 0.9.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Awesome track and Thank you ! I have question regarding the race start with a 38 car grid I get vehicles launching in the air as if a collision before the green flag. Uploaded to track folder with update and it overwrite, then I just deleted the whole track folder and upload new update and both options I get same result.

0.8.0 had 40 pits
0.8.1 has 30 pits max
(ui is fixed to indicate this now)

I did this as a test to see if the 40 car scenario was creating AI collisions in pits because they had to be so tightly packed in the pits.

The kerbs are way to clean! The textures are lacking the tyres marks . Have you seen the 9H Kyalami yesterday?
The kerbs have really strong marks even before the pratique sessions! Also check out the iracing kerbs of every track!

Yesterday:
Captura de ecrã 2019-11-24, às 09.22.41.png
Captura de ecrã 2019-11-24, às 09.25.26.png

And on Iracing:
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I think the yellow flag issue may have something to do with the AI cars sometimes hitting the pit entry which is really tight.

So Im going to do a pass on the AI next, with hints etc all round the track, including the pits.

This may fix that issue, as well as deal with the first phase of tweaking the AI in general, later braking in places etc.
I did some 50 laps, I suppose, yesterday with 16 AI (GTE cars). I was using qualifying and race. I saw no problems really with the AI at all.

I love this track. How you've created it, all the details, nighttime, the layout with constant elevation changes - wow! Just wow! Thank you!

The one thing I do notice is that the AI is a bit easy on this track relative to the average AC track. In quick race mode, I'm setting the AI at around 99 / 98% (GTE cars, and I haven't fully mastered the track) and I may have to go to 100% in longer races - but I'm not usually that good.

Is there a way to donate to say thanks for this wonderful work?

The one thing I do notice is that the AI is a bit easy on this track relative to the average AC track. In quick race mode, I'm setting the AI at around 99 / 98% (GTE cars, and I haven't fully mastered the track) and I may have to go to 100% in longer races - but I'm not usually that good.

Yup its on my to do list, but still working on track surface setup etc, so once thats sorted, AI will then be worked on.
Ai will in fact be even slower in the next update as a result, but thats temporary.
But you will potentiality be a bit slower initially as well ! ;-)

Last edited:
Prototype_ updated Kyalami 2016 with a new update entry:

Pre-release Beta 0.8.2

0.8.2 Build Notes:

Installation
DELETE exiting version in tracks folder before installing new version.

If youre not running Content Manager of Shaders Patch, install this:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/perpixelmultimap-with-emissive-map.22791/

-----------------------------

Pits
  • Pit Entry lane limiter position fixed
  • Entry and Exit Road markings corrected and updated...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just to confirm it is expected that our pace would drop off in this update? Lost about 4s as it feels like car is struggling to find grip( tested under ideal conditions)

Just to confirm it is expected that our pace would drop off in this update? Lost about 4s as it feels like car is struggling to find grip( tested under ideal conditions)

Grip has been reduced, the times we were getting were too high realistically.
The amount is a thumbsuck at this point.
I am expecting to get feedback from Strakka Racing and Garage 59 this week on where to point the grip level.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.2%
  • Full game

Votes: 177 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 122 17.5%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 78 11.2%