Kyalami 2016

Tracks Kyalami 2016 0.9.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
I can't get enough of this track and day/night transition is awesome - thanks for the hard work! I just wanted to report 2/3 issues I ran into going back to race weekend.

(quali session): I noted a car getting stuck in pits ramming the pit wall. Most cars still managed to set a qualifying time. This one does not bother me because I am here to race :) but the pit crew guy constantly does an overlaying redraw when moving. E.g. he looks to the left but the right facing image is still there then catches up - not sure if i explain that well.

(race session): Managed a good time in qualifying putting me on pole however it spawned me incorrectly each time with the car bouncing around first before settling facing the 2nd placed car's side door. It repeatedly did this on session restart. Let me know if you would need any more info on the issues.

Awesome work once again!

I think the yellow flag issue may have something to do with the AI cars sometimes hitting the pit entry which is really tight.

So Im going to do a pass on the AI next, with hints etc all round the track, including the pits.

This may fix that issue, as well as deal with the first phase of tweaking the AI in general, later braking in places etc.

With shader patch seasons and grassfx you can have green grass and dry yellow grass or no grass at all (change is visible in game, no reloading necessary, camera has to be moved a little to redraw the grass). The only thing is the ground/grass base diffuse texture has to be green(ish).
output_HlBiQi.gif

The current ground/grass textures for Kyalami seem to be very deseturated so for example grassfx looks like grey hair. Increasing the texture saturation slightly, decreasing the diffuse and ambient shader values for the ground materials a little and tweaking the grassfx config values you can have much better results right now. With more suitable textures you could have the whole season thing working really nice.

And grassfx supports grass growth. This is for example uncut/high grass.
Screenshot_ks_alfa_giulia_qv_kyalami_2016_23-11-119-19-32-40.jpg

cut/low grass
Screenshot_ks_alfa_giulia_qv_kyalami_2016_23-11-119-19-32-58.jpg

Again, as green as it was during today's race is not the normal state of the track. I'd say one thing a guy pretty much living next to the track will get right is the colour of vegetation :roflmao:

With shader patch seasons and grassfx you can have green grass and dry yellow grass or no grass at all (change is visible in game, no reloading necessary, camera has to be moved a little to redraw the grass). The only thing is the ground/grass base diffuse texture has to be green(ish).
View attachment 335918

The current ground/grass textures for Kyalami seem to be very deseturated so for example grassfx looks like grey hair. Increasing the texture saturation slightly, decreasing the diffuse and ambient shader values for the ground materials a little and tweaking the grassfx config values you can have much better results right now. With more suitable textures you could have the whole season thing working really nice.

And grassfx supports grass growth. This is for example uncut/high grass.
View attachment 335919
cut/low grass
View attachment 335920

Grass_FX has been rewritten since...

Lets wait until a definite version of it becomes the standard before we start talking about colors and seasons.

Currently: 0.1.31 (beta)

Screenshot_ks_maserati_mc12_gt1_kyalami_2016_23-11-119-15-57-6.jpg

What, that the two parties who've been working on this track for some time both decided to show them at the IRL event? Not that much of a stretch imo. Things like that are planned quite a long time in advance, there is no correlation between kunos showing there's and Prototype's release.
Ok I believe you because you have 1000 rpm more than me lol

You "worked" for them right, why can't he work for kunos too? :coffee:

Ok I believe you because you have 1000 rpm more than me lol

You "worked" for them right, why can't he work for kunos too? :coffee:
Because you can watch the entire development of this track over at AC mods and it has nothing to do with the ACC track. It started as an RTB track that was crazy inaccurate (cause RTB = trash). Then it was discovered google scan data could be captured and then the second version was built into this.

Kunos tracks have almost all been built in house with the exception of Zandvoort for AC.

Awesome track and Thank you ! I have question regarding the race start with a 38 car grid I get vehicles launching in the air as if a collision before the green flag. Uploaded to track folder with update and it overwrite, then I just deleted the whole track folder and upload new update and both options I get same result.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.2%
  • Full game

Votes: 177 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 122 17.5%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 78 11.2%