Kart Racing

The only downside is track time compared to short circuit like Rotax, ICA (KF2). We tend to run 1x practice, 1x qualifying and 2x 15 minute races. For the same entry fee you could race 3 weekends in a month short circuit..

Lol! I'm surprised my girlfriend did not put her rant here. A few weeks ago we went indoor karting with a group of our friends i'll keep it short but i was going to pass her but she was blocking me so i tapped the rear of her kart going into a turn and she spun hard and went backwards into the tire barrier. Oh was Pauline ever choked, she started four places ahead of me but I caught up and this happened. I'll be honest i could of waited to pass her somewhere else and i was only wanting to give her a litttle push. My bad!:oops:

Well, if she was only defending (only one defensive move, no weaving) then you deserve the sofa ! :p

On the other hand, if she was blatantly blocking you (weaving across the track), then what you did was probably not deserving a penalty, not in Karting at least (she would have got a drive-through anyway !) ;)

TBC is fairly laxed about drive throughs only during one hour enduros drive throughs come into effect. I've seen people get booted off track though but that individual was being a absolute fool. And yes Pauline was weaving because she knew it was me(bad girl You). We got yelled at by the track marshall for our incident.

Oh it felt like more than just "A push" to me:mad: But Hiro is right i was weaving because i knew he was behind me. My bad too:oops: But apart from the hoopla, I had fun. I want to go again soon.:)

We got yelled at by the track marshall for our incident.

Don't leave out the details Hiro! not only did the marshall yell at us, he said because of what we were doing if anyone else were near us he would of kicked us off the track!

This brings back one of my most-shameful memories! :(

5-6 years ago, in a out-door karting track, i was racing against 5 people who i wasn't acquinticed with. I overtook all of them one by one, then the final one who i overtook hit me and sent me to the barriers, then i recovered and caught him again, to bump him intentionally and squeeze to the barriers, then marshalls red flagged me and kicked me out (not literally). I wish i hadnot acted like this, but around that time i was having some stressful and furious days. Now i am much mooooore calmer :)))

Oh, I've luckily kept my cool while driving karting and rallycross. However, there was this one time when I was running second the whole weekend (me and another guy was completely dominant, but I never could get passed him). This was a karting event, so it took place from Friday to Sunday. However, after all the heats, and the prefinals had been done, it looked pretty much set who would win, and who would come second. But that was until the guy starting in third decided that his only chance to get higher, was to turn me around. And so he did, race over very, very early in the final... I ran to our tent, got my competition license, and ran to the stewards. Was told to wait, and cool down. So, the race was over, and I was allowed to talk to the leader of the stewards, who fittingly sat there with some waffles and a coke...
All he had to say was that he didn't see it, but knew it was a race incident. I asked how he could know it, oh that was simple, we had fought so clean the whole weekend... Except, we hadn't.
I then pulled out my license, put it on the table and said "I'm not doing this anymore", luckily someone took it from me, and said that I would also loose my RX-license if I did this. So I kept it, but swore to never race a race with that guy as the chief of stewards. I never did either.

This was in a time in norwegian karting when the driving got uglier and uglier for each weekend, and getting that response from the steward, just tipped me over. I was shaking in anger, and still, I get angry thinking about it, 5-6 years later. I can't understand that I dared either, 15yo and giving up my license. Guess I was angry...
But I never touched that guy, on or off track!

Simracing is a different matter, I've totally lost it once, was bumped out of the way, and got I my revenge, and never been so close to a lifetime ban, ever.

Hi guys, just thought I'd ask if anyone is interested in competing in this years 24 hours kart race at Le Mans. We have 2 seats available. Previous 24 hour experience is not needed, although I would ask that you have experience at club level in a kart.

PM me if your interested.

Latest News

Back