Kart Racing

There is no such documentation but you will have to do it by feel.
As tight as you can is usually the way to go but some bolts like the steering bolt and from tire bolts require as much so that they don't move but not so that they are tightened.
And make sure to do it right because I will be the one to inspect the kart on Friday, Saturday and Sunday :) (I'm a technician this weekend)

There is no such documentation but you will have to do it by feel.
As tight as you can is usually the way to go but some bolts like the steering bolt and from tire bolts require as much so that they don't move but not so that they are tightened.
And make sure to do it right because I will be the one to inspect the kart on Friday, Saturday and Sunday :) (I'm a technician this weekend)
I thought so too while Dad thought there most be a document by Swiss Hutless.
I know it will be so nice to finally meet you in real life. :D
Btw I will be driving my Yamaha at Sunday for the first time this year so with no other driving I hope I will atleast be competitive. (dead last would be a bad start on the season)

I thought so too while Dad thought there most be a document by Swiss Hutless.
I know it will be so nice to finally meet you in real life. :D
Btw I will be driving my Yamaha at Sunday for the first time this year so with no other driving I hope I will atleast be competitive. (dead last would be a bad start on the season)

Yeah but I'm sure you will be fast, I on the other hand won't which is why I do track duty instead.
I have my CRG for sale with a sport 2000 engine and I hope I will be able to sell it soon so i can buy a newer chassi!

Fredrik is it possible to see how heavy to kart is with the driver on before the inspection time? Me and Dad currently can't tell how heavy the kart with me onboard will be.

I belive the kart should be around 80-85kg by it self. and with me onboard we would almost reach the minimum limit but we don't want to be heavier then then atleast 144,5kg.

Last thing to get clearn, because I am so used to the layout of the 2009 and 2010 licenses I was wondering if the 2011 license is blue coloured and celebrates 75 years of SBF?

On first question: Probably yes as we have the scale on during the morning control, can't promise however but I think that our 'manual scale' works as well but it shows about 1-2 kg wrong.
The inspection time is Saturday 7:30-8:30 and same on Sunday I think.

Yes the 2011 licenses are blue because of SBF celebrating 75 years :)

And about chassi, at the moment I am leaning on Intrepid but I have found out that my current rims are redundant (CRG is special you know) so I might need to get new ones but we'll see as I haven't sold the kart yet.

On first question: Probably yes as we have the scale on during the morning control, can't promise however but I think that our 'manual scale' works as well but it shows about 1-2 kg wrong.
The inspection time is Saturday 7:30-8:30 and same on Sunday I think.

Yes the 2011 licenses are blue because of SBF celebrating 75 years :)

And about chassi, at the moment I am leaning on Intrepid but I have found out that my current rims are redundant (CRG is special you know) so I might need to get new ones but we'll see as I haven't sold the kart yet.
Thank you for the answer.

How did first day as inspectur go?

To sum up my first weekend as a technician I have been:

* Yelled at 4 times by both mechanics and drivers

* Hit by a kart on wagon in pits

* Almost been killed by flying rocks from the track

So a good weekend never the less :)

Just a litte note, got to test my new kart an Intrepid Cruiser today.

First me and my dad spent around 2 hours getting it ready and fixing the seat (managed to slip and sprain my index finger while trying out the seat position).
After that we had time for two test sessions, first one we had to low tyre presure so the kart was all over the place so the times weren't that good (41:88 as best).

In the second session we went for double the tire pressure and I managed to press down the time to 40:94 when the left rear tire flew off while entering the fastest curve on the track and I spun off at high speed in around 60-70 km/h.
Luckily I somehow managed to avoid hitting the wall and kart was all right (minus a tire).
Turned out the old CRG Hubs I used on the kart had weared out studs so all 3 had cracked at the same time but luckily just a minor cost.

In two weeks I will drive my first race for the season so I hope everything will be all right by then :)

Just a litte note, got to test my new kart an Intrepid Cruiser today.

First me and my dad spent around 2 hours getting it ready and fixing the seat (managed to slip and sprain my index finger while trying out the seat position).
After that we had time for two test sessions, first one we had to low tyre presure so the kart was all over the place so the times weren't that good (41:88 as best).

In the second session we went for double the tire pressure and I managed to press down the time to 40:94 when the left rear tire flew off while entering the fastest curve on the track and I spun off at high speed in around 60-70 km/h.
Luckily I somehow managed to avoid hitting the wall and kart was all right (minus a tire).
Turned out the old CRG Hubs I used on the kart had weared out studs so all 3 had cracked at the same time but luckily just a minor cost.

In two weeks I will drive my first race for the season so I hope everything will be all right by then :)

Omg I would have been so scared flying out on T1 like you most have done. Btw you drive a Rotax Max Senior or an other class this season?

Btw what race is within 2 weeks? (the MKR round 3 as Gävle?)
And an other Btw, I had a test event at my local track and guess what, the visor broke all of a sudden and I was on a quick lap too. Then me and Dad tryed to find if the part that hold the visor but we couldn't so we had to end the practice when I was just getting back to speed.

Latest News

Back