Welcome to the RaceDepartment Community. Use this thread to introduce yourself and receive a warm welcome in return :inlove:

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Downloading mods on RD is free but requires an membership account. Have you registered an account and are you logged in?

Q: I still don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Make sure after your register your account you confirm this account first via the email we send after you sign-up. Can't find this confirmation email? Check your spambox if needed as we always send an email. Double check if you have spelled your emailaddress correctly or search in your inbox for "info@racedepartment.com".

Q: How do I race with you guys on RaceDepartment.com?
A: We offer top quality online races for our premium members. You can upgrade your account here: https://www.racedepartment.com/account/upgrades

Follow RaceDepartment on Social Media
Thanks community for your continuous support, you're awesome

Holla. First post.
Into all motorsports. Rally, open wheel, 2 wheels, stock car, whatever.
Current setup is:-
AMD 2600
16GB RAM
NVME SSD
Nvidia 1660 OC 6GB
Running triple monitors in 5760x1080 res.
Thrustmaster t300 RS GT with brake mod.
Simdashboard on a 10" Android.
ATH M50Xbt cans.

Howdy, and a warm welcome to everyone above.

RD keeps "reminding" me to introduce myself so here goes.

Once upon a time I was the production editor for an Australian publication called Street Fords magazine (among several others for overlapping periods, including Aussie Muscle Enthusiast, Aussie Brutes, Xtreme Fords, Xtreme Holdens and a few more). I even got a short-lived title Real Race Cars off the ground for three issues before serious budget cuts that progressively led to the performance mag department at EMG being phased out entirely.
My main area of motorsport interest is tarmac and corners, and I grew up watching Aussie touring cars on TV in the '80s and '90s. I also lost my share of sleep staying up to watch CART, F1 and the 500cc GP bikes in the '90s.
My IRL project cars can be seen in the photos section of Facebook.com/BLTMotorsport. I mostly use them against the clock (hillclimbs and supersprints) and have won some NSW state championships in my class. The car in my avatar was my biggest project thus far, turning a TASCCO Saloon Falcon into an IPRA V8.
Based on my Steam stats the sim I use most is AC, although earlier this month I spent a week or so doing all the time trials in AMS to reach a peak of 5th on the outright rankings (that has since slipped to 6th). I also have RF2 and ACC but haven't driven them as much lately.
In 2020 I've also started making videos using gaming footage (mainly AC), and posting them to the BLTMotorsport channel on Youtube.

Anyway, that's me. Big thanks to the modding community for all the great content they willingly share with us. It's very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Sam.

Hi everyone!

My name is Eliseo, but you can call me The Trackrat as that is what I am.

I'm founder of Trackrat Club, a trackday club based on Barcelona. We have also recently gone into SIM Racing events organization as several staff members we already were into it individually from many, many years ago...

Our Idea is to connect both worlds, giving participants from each one of them the chance to do what they normally can't.

Trackday drivers do their thing with real cars on real tracks, but at least on our country, get involved on actual competition is a huge, difficult and very expensive step. Meanwhile on SIM Racing, is what the whole thing is about.

Instead ,on the other side of the mirror, do the real stuff is commonly just a dream, as it was for me 14 years ago. I guess being a national finalist on GT Academy's first edition, it meant getting to close to the border to just let it go, and I could do no other than cross it.

And maybe because that, because how important that moment was for me, our competitions are priced based mainly on giving the chance to the winners to come to our trackdays and drive a track ready rental car, provided by our partner Rent4Speed, receive driving instruction from our coach and do all that for free.
Obviously we have alternative prizes for those who are not able to come to Barcelona and enjoy the track with us.

So in our servers there is a funny mix of drivers, Sim Racers getting the chance to come to a trackday, trackday drivers getting the chance to race, and also some of those who have done everything...and want to do it better than the others, lol.

Our dreamed goal is to put together a seassonal championship through which final winner gets to join our Racing Team and take part on Ascari´s 24H Race, an amazing Old School cars endurance race taking place every May on an astonishing race track on Malaga, South of Spain.

But before than that, our first target, as we did on our trackdays several years ago, is to gather good drivers, willing to have fun and only putting their competitiveness behind the respect for those who share the track with them, no matter if it is a virtual or a real one.

So, I hope we will be around for a while, any questions just shout.

Just to make this post of any interest, I leave you here a nice video of a recent trackday we helded on our local track.

Salud y gas!
Eliseo
Trackrat Club

Hi all,

I've been here for ages, but signed up in 2017 and today is my first post. Do you think I'm slow? You should see me racing. I'm even slower.

Now about me: I started racing in 2007 with Simbim games. I'm in PS4 now but I believe I'll be back to PC someday soon with a 3-screen cockpit. That's why I'm still here.

BTW I also do "real life racing" and simracing is a cool way to practice

Kind regards from Barcelona

Hello to all the Race Department Members and Sim Racers. I've been watchiing the videos and recent interviews at it all looks very exciting. I do a motorsport podcast and live stream on YouTube all about motorsport and sim racing so I'm always happy to interview sim racers and real racing drivers too! Drive Fast & Try Not To Crash!! Here's a recent interview I did with Josh Martin!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I was clearing out my basement and found my old Logitech G25 wheel and shifter. Decided to try sim-racing again and got a pleasant surprise how the community has grown since my early days of sim racing on TOCA and GT2 In the 90’s.

Looking forward to chatting about motorsports real and sim.

Cheers,
Jimmy

Hi Folks,

I'm new here to the RaceDepartment Community. I used to do Nascar Racing 2003 League Racing many years ago, but I eventually just lost interest with it and in particular with Nascar. Since then my life has taken many different twists and turns. In 2017 I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease (PD) and I became disabled and no longer able to work last year. Since then, my interest in auto racing has returned, starting with F1 and in particular now with GTR road races (did anyone watch some or all of the 12 hours at Bathurst? Just amazing racing!). So, I dug out my old trusty Thomas Super Wheel and Pedals and fired up GTR2 on my old Dell computer. It was quite enjoyable, but not the same this time. My PD causes me to have muscle fatigue and weakness among many other wonderful life altering symptoms. The fine motor skills that I once had, and would definitely need for any serious sim league racing are just not there. I'm able to race for no more than about 60 minutes or so as it becomes increasingly difficult to be consistent with my wheel and pedal inputs due to the muscle fatigue. I got a new high end gaming rig and signed up for a year of iRacing during the holidays. I also purchased Assetto Corso Comeptizione and just love it. I think I might need to update to a Force Feedback rig to get better lap times I'm thinking. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here. Thanks.

Roger

Latest News

Back