AC Help Ukraine, Estonia 3 @ Nemuno Ziedas, Tuesday 15th March 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
What a great car and track combination.

Zero practice so low expectations but I qualified mid pack 8th with a respectable time.

Focused in the race on not making any major mistakes. Had a couple of laps fighting with a recovering Paul, who got past and up the road.

Second half of the race was some back and forth with Robert, including some passes and repasses. I was having to make my car as wide as Estonia thanks to his consistently being quicker out of the chicane down the long straight. Eventually he got past and a few seconds ahead but towards the end I was keeping it to 1-2 seconds, waiting for any opportunity. It came when Robert spun and I breezed past. Great racing, mate, you were unlucky.

Colin was next up but lapping about the same pace so I only got to 3 seconds when the chequered flag dropped. P6 finish.

Thanks for organising, Han, fun racing for a serious cause. I will be making a contribution tomorrow.

Congratulations to Allan, Carsten and Han on the podium positions.

I really need to figure out how to overtake safely and/or wait patiently for a gap.
Yes indeed, you were quite fast :geek:

As you said quite correctly it´s a process to become race smart and patient.

For beginners you could practice against the AC AI diots.
Their bad rep is well earned :O_o: as they stoically drive their line and turn into you even if you have enough overlap or are complete alongside :mad:.

You are fast enough to set the AI (if your PC manages 20 cars) to 100% strength, aggression to 90-100% and start last.
AI starts are simply stupid so start attacking after the first corner.

The beginning will be frustrating (AI are that stupid) but you´ll quickly learn how to not give them the chance to kill you and in which corners to avoid attacking.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting Carsten

Last edited:
Man, this was a workout for sure, indeed! I am wasted haha

Practice and qualifying was really nice. I made some good and fast laps there.

But i had a lot of fun in the race too. First laps i was chasing Allan but got a little bit too enthusiastic in the long corners after chicane and went one wheel on the grass. That cost me alot of places which i couldnt regain.

Next i was in a fight with 2 guys and got smashed of the track :(. I've seen some rivers which i hadn't seen before. If someone wants to go swimming there, please look for 2 of my wheels. Had to pit and lose all my positions :(

Downhill from there on. I really need to figure out how to overtake safely and/or wait patiently for a gap.

It's a learning curve ;) Thanks for hosting/organizing and competing, all! See you tomorrow in Bahrain.
You are really fast so I think you just need to be patient, drive your pace and wait for a clear opportunity.

Really enjoyed that, hurt my left hand on Sunday's race with a last-lap accident, now I have an even worse arthritic twitch, it twitched into third before chicane, then twitched into second, sending me into the scenery.
you have to laugh.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
well done podiums and thanks to all that I came across, that was great fun.:)
I always knew this flappy paddles were dangerous :O_o:

As you are "a distinguished gentleman" (read old :cautious:) you probably should drive stick ;).

I´m not that distiguished and manage to keep afloat with it.
( Yes, I dayly drive stick on my personal and company car :redface:)

Feel better Carsten

Well that was fun!
I got alongside Han on lap one and was settling in behind him but exiting the chicane at the end of the lap, I unleashed all of the 35bhp too quickly and spun out! :rolleyes:. Several cars went by and I found myself in 9th.
I then had a good battle with Robert and Doug until they both had their own moments and went onto the grass allowing me through.
I could see Ernie, Colin and Han up ahead but had a recovering Geert for company as he tried to un-lap himself. But Geert went off as he challenged Ernie on the climb up the hill.
Up ahead I could see Ernie closing in on Colin and as they went round T3 the yellow flags appeared and there was dust and grass everywhere with them both going off.
So I inherited 4th place, had good fun and enjoyed this track/car combo.
Well done to the podium, thanks Han for the idea and organising, and well done to all for supporting this cause. I’ll be donating tomorrow! :thumbsup:

Great race everyone. Lots of fun! And thanks for the tips I got in practice! I was about 1,5s faster after I managed them. Qualified 4th was already a surprise to me but finish 3rd feels like a present. At some time I could follow Carsten but my attempt to scare him with the Audi warning worked the wrong way and the gap grew so I gave up hope for 2nd. But then of course I got sloppy and after two stupid mistakes on the climb the comfortable gap of 7s to Colin was completely gone and he even passed me. Great move, mate! Fortunately he got a wheel on the sand in the fast downhill right handler and I regained 3rd. After he and Ernie had an incident I could cruise to the end.

Congrats to Allan and Carsten. Great pace and consistency!
Thanks everyone for joining tonight and for your help to the Ukraine.

Last edited:
Thanks all for joining:
I did 28 laps so here's my donation for the Ukraine:
1647416063469.png

I thought I'd miss this race as my PC decided to blow up just before Sundays race. I'd been debating on an upgrade anyway and @RasmusP had been advising me on a suitable home build spec for weeks - Ryzen 5600x & MSI B550 MB - I've kept my old GPU for now while prices are bonkers.

So hardware ordered on Monday and arrived Tuesday, followed by a built and software install in time for the race. Surprising how many app you install - so many that I had problems remembering what they were!

AC was not quite how I like it but it was good enough for the race so I concentrated on getting back up to speed rather than tinkering with the PC. Qualified 5th and up to 4th as someone went off fairly early on. I was then on Han's tail for probably 30 mins with Ernie breathing down my neck not far behind. Han kindly had a moment somewhere and allowed me pass so I was up to 3rd. I then had a moment and Han & Paul got past which left me in 5th.

Enjoyable combo, we should do more with this car:)

Thanks Han for organising for such a good cause - lets hope this madness end soon.

I thought I'd miss this race as my PC decided to blow up just before Sundays race. I'd been debating on an upgrade anyway and @RasmusP had been advising me on a suitable home build spec for weeks - Ryzen 5600x & MSI B550 MB - I've kept my old GPU for now while prices are bonkers.

So hardware ordered on Monday and arrived Tuesday, followed by a built and software install in time for the race. Surprising how many app you install - so many that I had problems remembering what they were!

AC was not quite how I like it but it was good enough for the race so I concentrated on getting back up to speed rather than tinkering with the PC. Qualified 5th and up to 4th as someone went off fairly early on. I was then on Han's tail for probably 30 mins with Ernie breathing down my neck not far behind. Han kindly had a moment somewhere and allowed me pass so I was up to 3rd. I then had a moment and Han & Paul got past which left me in 5th.

Enjoyable combo, we should do more with this car:)

Thanks Han for organising for such a good cause - lets hope this madness end soon.
I'm with you on the GPU prices. I bought an RX 6800 a year ago after waiting while for the new generation to be released. I was lucky to find them briefly in stock at Overclockers but had to pay about £250 over MSRP which stung a bit.

However, they continued to go up and, although stock is better now and prices have started to come down a little, the equivalent card today would cost me another £100-£200.

Great fun last night,this little car so reminds me of the Maserati "Birdcage", all be a bit under powered but u can still throw is about and enjoy the sliiiiiiiiide..:laugh:..Awesome beginer debut @Evoluzione,i think in the moment it might have excited you a bit and pushing that little bit too much made you have an error....But thats racing...Held my lead off Carsten making a couple of little mistakes along the way, but managed a 1st..Congrats to other podiums,and rest of the field,you sure do get a workout driving this thing for over 2 hrs..See you guys at Bahrain,not a great lover of the track,but will see what happens..See u all in a bit and stay safe..:thumbsup:..

Next i was in a fight with 2 guys and got smashed of the track :(. I've seen some rivers which i hadn't seen before. If someone wants to go swimming there, please look for 2 of my wheels. Had to pit and lose all my positions :(

Just came across that crash flicking through the replay. The issue there was a bad re-entry after you went into the sand trap. Taj lost control avoiding you, hit me and then I hit you and carried on in a straight line leaving the carnage behind :p

Re-entering the track or even approaching the kerb on the outside of a fast corner can often turn a short delay where you roll through the sand and grass into a big crash.

Just the far side of that kerb you can re-enter safely off the racing line.

Just came across that crash flicking through the replay. The issue there was a bad re-entry after you went into the sand trap. Taj lost control avoiding you, hit me and then I hit you and carried on in a straight line leaving the carnage behind :p

Re-entering the track or even approaching the kerb on the outside of a fast corner can often turn a short delay where you roll through the sand and grass into a big crash.

Just the far side of that kerb you can re-enter safely off the racing line.
Ahhw i never knew i trapped Taj.. i thought he was on my far left and i made a safe pass.. Sorry guys!

Great fun last night,this little car so reminds me of the Maserati "Birdcage", all be a bit under powered but u can still throw is about and enjoy the sliiiiiiiiide..:laugh:..Awesome beginer debut @Evoluzione,i think in the moment it might have excited you a bit and pushing that little bit too much made you have an error....But thats racing...Held my lead off Carsten making a couple of little mistakes along the way, but managed a 1st..Congrats to other podiums,and rest of the field,you sure do get a workout driving this thing for over 2 hrs..See you guys at Bahrain,not a great lover of the track,but will see what happens..See u all in a bit and stay safe..:thumbsup:..
I was definitely excited, mostly about the fact i could "keep up" with the number 1 for those 2 rounds, obviously knowing i couldn't manage to for the 45 mins.

Latest News

Back