I guess Jeffrey is as eager as anyone else to see this article published but if he hasn't got the material yet it is no point to publish anything. Let him have his time - I'm sure we'll get it as soon as it's possible for him to get the stuff out.

I'm excited for another sim appearing on the horizon. Especially one that also acknowledges the benefits of using UE4 for its gfx platform. Highly likely, it'll be something I look to support.

BUT tbh, with Kunos having more recent form (and sure we've seen issues with their dev decisions too), Simbin have their work cut out, and as a studio with recent vacancies to fill, there is no telling what that will do for the planned dev cycle.

Here and now, I'm way more excited for ACC early access, than I am of a new title from a dev with everything to prove. The quicker RRE also transitions over to UE4 the better too, sim racing is finally getting the attention it deserves. Interesting times ahead.

Of course the argument could be made that they are so busy preparing for Gamescom that they don't have time to spare.
If I was a developer I know where my priorities would lie.
I am a developer and in my experience, nobody really cares about the actual state of the product around these early presentations. It's all about semblance at this stage. Both the managers and the potential clients want to see some shiny, presentable stuff. So I'd say if someone is unable to provide at least some nice looking pictures a few days before a big presentation, I assume they are in trouble.

Maybe SimBin wants to wait for the images before the article gets published ?
It still probably is a questionable marketing strategy but it might be the case that this situation isn't Paul's "fault"

No, it's ridiculous, not weird.
The article is ready, he should publish it and add the pics later.
Nobody here care about the screenshots, we can wait for them. We want informations and details about the game.

The game will not come out for at least six months or even a year. Why not let Jeffrey decide when the article is ready to publish. In the scheme of things what does a few more days do if we'll have to wait and hopefully have a informative article with pictures instead of a rushed out article just because some people can't wait a few more days. And if Jeffrey published the article right now I guess still people would complain and say that the article is worth nothing without the proof of pictures. I've been waiting for this game for years and I am as eager as anyone else to get more information but a couple of days more means nothing as I still won't be able to play it for some time.

Seriously now, GTR3 has been announced for more than a year and why is Simbin through LinkedIn still hiring staff for various areas among them developing physics and programming? I honestly do not know what to expect from that title. Who does not guarantee that what will be presented at Gamescon is just a concept or something similar and not exactly gameplay.

Don't get hyped up or stressed out about it, hell some are sounding upset!
Focus on what we sims we have now, maybe think about the upcoming 12 September around the corner. Race, have a whiskey my friends.

Calling it now. these pics are just like the first one we saw at spa. They aren't actual in-game shots and this whole thing is still a sham. The whole reason they're going to Gamescon is to try and get some funding to build this thing. Right now they're just in the stage of "hey, we can build this...really, we can". Meanwhile ACC, rFactor2 and everyone else keep getting better.

But isnt Simbin still part of the Sector 3 studios? because sector 3 said they'd switch to unreal engine when gtr3 is out, cant see that sector 3 would be happy with them just saying stuff and it not materialising, plus they must have a licencing deal with WEC to be able to announce that its going to be the official game?

But isnt Simbin still part of the Sector 3 studios? because sector 3 said they'd switch to unreal engine when gtr3 is out, cant see that sector 3 would be happy with them just saying stuff and it not materialising, plus they must have a licencing deal with WEC to be able to announce that its going to be the official game?
No. Simbim UK is not part of sector 3. They are related in sense of Chris Speed being CEO of Sector 3 and his brother Allan Speed being CEO of simbin UK. It's also confirmed they share some resources like sound engineer Anthony Monteil and assetts and other technical stuff. So you could see raceroom being some kind of base to start from for simbin UK. In return raceroom will benefit from new techniques developed in GTR3 such as the UE4 engine.

So in my eyes these two titles and studios are cousins, but not married :D

No. Simbim UK is not part of sector 3. They are related in sense of Chris Speed being CEO of Sector 3 and his brother Allan Speed being CEO of simbin UK. It's also confirmed they share some resources like sound engineer Anthony Monteil and assetts and other technical stuff. So you could see raceroom being some kind of base to start from for simbin UK. In return raceroom will benefit from new techniques developed in GTR3 such as the UE4 engine.

So in my eyes these two titles and studios are cousins, but not married :D

Fair enough which to me seems like a good enough reason to have faith in what they are doing. Simbin is a name that we all look up to and one that they know carries big expectations from the community. Im sure they will deliver, even if it isnt on time, and i am sure what they will produce will be very good.

Latest News

Back