AC GT3 @ Mugello - Sunday 17th July 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Made a quick practice lap video. Obvious errors at T3 and arrabiatta 2. It's bumpy through there!
Not sure how to approach correntiao. I know some people take a very wide V shape line there. Maybe that is slower but easier on the soft tyres, not sure.

Any chance you recorded telemetry of this so we could try to get faster together? :D
I've lately found out how to manually adjust sections and compare the section times of multiple laps.
So we could try to build the perfect lap from the fastest sections from all of us. In theory...

I have a setup here for the Porsche, can only use mediums here due to the corner combination not allowing the overheating tyre from recovering.
if you are quicker then no point? even an old fart like what I am on mediums, is in the 48's
I also have the data logging for MoTeC if you wish, going on hol's tomorrow so let me know soon as possible.:)
If it's not too late then I'd like to give the 911 setup a go and see the motec data. Or can Brian or Casper pass it on?

Any chance you recorded telemetry of this so we could try to get faster together? :D
I've lately found out how to manually adjust sections and compare the section times of multiple laps.
So we could try to build the perfect lap from the fastest sections from all of us. In theory...
I've created a shared directory if people want to drop in 911 setups and lap data...

Ye no probs. You just need the replay file? I had the telemetry thing installed a year or more ago but couldn't get it to connect.

Last edited:
Ye no probs. You just need the replay file? I had the telemetry thing installed a year or more ago but couldn't get it to connect.
Yeah sector times, pedal traces and steering input should be recordable from your replay. Maybe upload it into Colin's onedrive folder? I added it to my own onedrive.

Edit: Well, not really added my own onedrive... Because it's a university "sharepoint", which locks everything out that isn't "in the cloud" :rolleyes:
No information about this available, no possible way to integrate it in some compatibility mode, nothing.
Just Microsoft things again :rolleyes:

I could however install a second onedrive application and have another cpu eating MS program in the background :roflmao:

Browser bookmark it is...
btw, these "sharepoint"-clouds produce nice links too, when sharing something:
https://h*****de-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/rasmus****@******/ERRsRG_2e7NMmYsZjUBB5MIBOfpXKdmLTeUitXhBMyokBw?e=MuMofp

Last edited:
I can't seem to login into the microsoft account so unfortunately I can't upload the MoTeC log file. Is there another file sharing website that is easy to use?
Oh.. I didn't see what we need to be logged into MS accounts to do it.
I'm not sure if you can actually upload files into dropbox or google drive without being logged in?
You have a point though, since even if you have an account, MS logins can be very messy and not working for a day or two randomly :rolleyes:

Edit: did a quick test. Dropbox is read-only via link.
Google drive needs a login to upload into shared folders like OneDrive.

Edit2: Let's use google drive, I guess. Who doesn't have some kind of google account :)

Last edited:
Here's my 1.51-5 time as a Youtube video, though it looks like it has been recorded on a potato because that is pretty much what my computer is.

I've succesfully uploaded my Motec files here(@JamKart22 's drive):

Note that I have used the same setup as Ernie's only then added one click of diffuser up front to gain a bit more downforce, though i will not use it further because it simply is too much. 7 is absolutely bonkers and will have you fly off at almost all corners ;)

Made a quick practice lap video. Obvious errors at T3 and arrabiatta 2. It's bumpy through there!
Not sure how to approach correntiao. I know some people take a very wide V shape line there. Maybe that is slower but easier on the soft tyres, not sure.

Here's my quali lap from the same championship (it's the third track in a row here on RD GT3 Sundays that also has been featured in the champ, so I don't have to work hard on setups, ha-ha). Pretty decent, maybe 1-2 tenths lost due to tiny mistakes here and there, but it was good for P3 on the starting grid.

P.S. The track is brutal to the tires, I got mediums almost to the point of overheating and that's at +18c air

Not getting on with the 911 so switching back to the Audi. I've added a new Audi directory to the Google drive if anyone wants to share Audi data.

Anyway, the 911 lap data was useful in seeing where I was losing time in the Audi :) At least half a second around Arrabbitta 1 & 2!

Here's my quali lap from the same championship (it's the third track in a row here on RD GT3 Sundays that also has been featured in the champ, so I don't have to work hard on setups, ha-ha). Pretty decent, maybe 1-2 tenths lost due to tiny mistakes here and there, but it was good for P3 on the starting grid.

P.S. The track is brutal to the tires, I got mediums almost to the point of overheating and that's at +18c air
Would you say softs are a non-starter for even quali?

Here's my 1.51-5 time as a Youtube video, though it looks like it has been recorded on a potato because that is pretty much what my computer is.

I've succesfully uploaded my Motec files here(@JamKart22 's drive):

Note that I have used the same setup as Ernie's only then added one click of diffuser up front to gain a bit more downforce, though i will not use it further because it simply is too much. 7 is absolutely bonkers and will have you fly off at almost all corners ;)

Improvements I would look to make when you compare that to a faster lap.

Straighten and smooth out the start/finish.

T1 is nice but on the power early. You want to exit T1 and T2 middle of the road roughly.
T4 similar. Entry kerb feels very usable to get middle of the road.

Middle of the lap the arrabiatas looks ok for now. Nice use of the throttle. The data with ernie's lap will tell more there!

Correntiao. It looks like you pull out of it last second. You have the dive into the corner perfectly in sight and then straighten up. Ends up without a late or the double apex method.

Last corner is pretty decent but you will be surprised how hard you can throw the car into it. It's the left hand side tyres that are cooked at this point so there is plenty of heat capacity in the the rights for that corner.

I always fix the obvious stuff first and usually wouldn't worry about the finer details until the next event at the track. Try to get the major racing lines consistent. It's tricky here the momentum and tyre temps shift about alot as you improve exits. It's a bit like brands hatch with Spa style 3 part chicanes.

Last edited:
Improvements I would look to make when you compare that to a faster lap.

Straighten and smooth out the start/finish.

T1 is nice but on the power early. You want to exit T1 and T2 middle of the road roughly.
T4 similar. Entry kerb feels very usable to get middle of the road.

Middle of the lap the arrabiatas looks ok for now. Nice use of the throttle. The data with ernie's lap will tell more there!

Correntiao. It looks like you pull out of it last second. You have the dive into the corner perfectly in sight and then straighten up. Ends up without a late or the double apex method.

Last corner is pretty decent but you will be surprised how hard you can throw the car into it. It's the left hand side tyres that are cooked at this point so there is plenty of heat capacity in the the rights for that corner.

I always fix the obvious stuff first and usually wouldn't worry about the finer details until the next event at the track. Try to get the major racing lines consistent. It's tricky here the momentum and tyre temps shift about alot as you improve exits. It's a bit like brands hatch with Spa style 3 part chicanes.

Cheers Brian! It was my fastest lap but definitely not the cleanest lines as you've noticed. T1 is interesting I suppose, I tried to steer it wide for T2 but that always kept me running out so I try and stick it in early. I'll have to figure out a better way through that section!

Correntiao, I completely missed the corner there to be honest, thought I had ruined the lap there haha :D

That last corner is also something, I tend to have a ton of understeer there so unless I let go of the throttle or add a little brake there's not much to do to get it in closer. Though that is also worth experimenting with.

Thanks for the feedback Brian!

Latest News

Back