AC GT3 @ Mugello - Sunday 17th July 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. This Sunday we're heading to the Mugello, for some GT3 racing!!

51525133435_81530f0fb0_o.jpg

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Link to the RD community on S.GP is here. You need to sign-up and join to access our race servers.

Need a warm-up or want to start online/multiclass racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 +1 multi-class every Wednesday. We also run a practice server all week for both events.

Mugello-1991.png

• Practice Server: #12 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: Simracing.gp - Frankfurt
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 DST, 18:00 UTC | 1 hour 20 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 DST, 19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 DST, 19:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars:

DLC is required for this event

Event details:
  • Track: Mugello, Italy
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (Between 10 and 50 minutes)
  • Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Improving grip, Light wind
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

I have a setup here for the Porsche, can only use mediums here due to the corner combination not allowing the overheating tyre from recovering.
if you are quicker then no point? even an old fart like what I am on mediums, is in the 48's
I also have the data logging for MoTeC if you wish, going on hol's tomorrow so let me know soon as possible.:)

I have a setup here for the Porsche, can only use mediums here due to the corner combination not allowing the overheating tyre from recovering.
if you are quicker then no point? even an old fart like what I am on mediums, is in the 48's
I also have the data logging for MoTeC if you wish, going on hol's tomorrow so let me know soon as possible.:)

I might give the setup a rip ernie if you can send it on. Struggling to get the ferrari to work here so will probably end up take something else. Whatever feels nice out of the box.

Enjoy the holidays :)

First of all a disclaimer, it’s an AC Porsche, I offered it to Casper because he has diligently driven that pig of a car for a while.
It is not easy. I have done my best with it, perfect it ain’t.
I can do many laps in it, tried to give it as much grief as I could. Mostly successfully.
But it is as Rasmus pointed out, a broken car, you, or should I say I, just cannot get around that.
I have thought about it for ages, because it is my favourite GT3 car.
I pass it onto you as a broken car with a now broken man’s attempt to get it to work.
I advise not changing anything, it is so critical to get the balance right, any changes and you will be spinning like the Lamborghini does.
But you may have a brain wave and get it to work better than I managed.
Give a write up about what you think, go easy, the car is broken , and so am I.:roflmao::roflmao:

Attachments

• 1-48-0.8.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
If you think it is sh*t I will give your setup a try out.
If you do not mind.
I know that a small change can make a noticeable difference when I drive this car, so many variables.

First of all a disclaimer, it’s an AC Porsche, I offered it to Casper because he has diligently driven that pig of a car for a while.
It is not easy. I have done my best with it, perfect it ain’t.
I can do many laps in it, tried to give it as much grief as I could. Mostly successfully.
But it is as Rasmus pointed out, a broken car, you, or should I say I, just cannot get around that.
I have thought about it for ages, because it is my favourite GT3 car.
I pass it onto you as a broken car with a now broken man’s attempt to get it to work.
I advise not changing anything, it is so critical to get the balance right, any changes and you will be spinning like the Lamborghini does.
But you may have a brain wave and get it to work better than I managed.
Give a write up about what you think, go easy, the car is broken , and so am I.:roflmao::roflmao:

Thanks ernie, I know you have put alot of hours and hardship into the car. I will give it my best notec analysis! I raced the 911 once before and had one of my most enjoyable races in it, at nurburgring gp. The corners here are very different, so hope i can get it to behave itself at least :) The only other time i tried it seriously was at monza and i just couldn't get it to handle the ascari exit, over the last left hand kerb it was autospinning, so i got back in the lambo. My feel of it at the time was a broken car. To be spinning like that on soft tyres, that were at a good temp, something felt wrong with it. Not sure if was the diff, massive aero stall or what... Pity as it was really nice around the rest of track.

Last edited:
Made a quick practice lap video. Obvious errors at T3 and arrabiatta 2. It's bumpy through there!
Not sure how to approach correntiao. I know some people take a very wide V shape line there. Maybe that is slower but easier on the soft tyres, not sure.

Nice lap! Though I've been told to keep the power on a little with the 911 and not coast too much, it tends to keep the car a bit more predictable and stable overall. Then again you are a better driver then me so take that with a grain of salt!

Arrabiatta and Correntiao are indeed tricky, haven't found a good angle yet though I was planning on looking at some IRL footage of the 24hr race or something like that.

Nice lap! Though I've been told to keep the power on a little with the 911 and not coast too much, it tends to keep the car a bit more predictable and stable overall. Then again you are a better driver then me so take that with a grain of salt!

Arrabiatta and Correntiao are indeed tricky, haven't found a good angle yet though I was planning on looking at some IRL footage of the 24hr race or something like that.

Thanks Casper, I'll look into the throttle thing more. Hopefully get another practice go in it before the race. It seems to have some benefits alright.

Latest News

Back