AC GT Multiclass @ Sebring - Sunday 20th February 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That is a shock, I had it as you know at 0,4. I found 5 let alone 6 really killed the speed at the long straights. ( Ferrari )
I will give that a try, funnily it is lap time and not end of straight speed, but as you say you would have a sitting duck.
The racing gods were with you last night.:)
I already had 15 kph over the Ferrari with its wing at 4. ( bit of a guess, I don’t think I am far wrong).
Just a side note when I was behind the McLaren ( Patrick ) I could not catch it by any meaningful margin on the long straight.
Mainly due to it’s exit speed before the long straight. ( I am going to guess Patrick was on wing 1 )
But because my fat rear got in the way, even with an aero tow I could walk away from the McLaren on that straight. ( Patrick ).

Lost.. :)
Capture.JPG

That is a shock, I had it as you know at 0,4. I found 5 let alone 6 really killed the speed at the long straights. ( Ferrari )
I will give that a try, funnily it is lap time and not end of straight speed, but as you say you would have a sitting duck.
The racing gods were with you last night.:)
I already had 15 kph over the Ferrari with its wing at 4. ( bit of a guess, I don’t think I am far wrong).
Just a side note when I was behind the McLaren ( Patrick ) I could not catch it by any meaningful margin on the long straight.
Mainly due to it’s exit speed before the long straight. ( I am going to guess Patrick was on wing 1 )
But because my fat rear got in the way, even with an aero tow I could walk away from the McLaren on that straight. ( Patrick ).

I was generally running 1-4 for a long time last year with the mediums. I struggle to run the softs below a 6 rear wing without seeing red!

That was a fun race. The GT4's are where evenly matched. I had a good start to gain a spot to second behind Tim. Paul and Han where hot on my tail for the first few laps. I was a ble to keep with in 10 seconds of Tim and gained a bit on Paul and Han.

I was trying to keep consistant lap times knowing that one mistake would put me back.
On lap 15 I bounced off a curb and into the wall, that was my one mistake!

Both Han and Tim got past me while I pitted. Then it was a chase to the end. I was able to catch Paul and on the second last lap, I got greedy and tried to sneak up the inside after the long straight. I ended up tapping Paul and back into the wall.

I am happy I didn't take Paul out.

At the end the GT4's where very close.

Looks good for the up coming championship!

Latest News

Back