AC GT Multiclass @ Sebring - Sunday 20th February 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Gend
About track limits: I asked for a gentlemans agreement to keep two tyres within the blue and white kerbs. From what I saw that worked very well.
Gendebien is the main place I see you could gain significant time by abusing them, every where else I think would slow you down (unless it's an outrageous cut). Maybe exiting hairpin and chopping the grass but you lose a bit of traction. I notice the AI goes quite far left before cutting across Le Man's so I assume that's within limits..

Gend

Gendebien is the main place I see you could gain significant time by abusing them, every where else I think would slow you down (unless it's an outrageous cut). Maybe exiting hairpin and chopping the grass but you lose a bit of traction. I notice the AI goes quite far left before cutting across Le Man's so I assume that's within limits..

Hi Tim. I had a quick lap and don't see any reason why we can't just use the usual rule from post #2 on this track.

Going wide to the left before le mans will obviously gain you time but the track limit line on the track looks good to me and even has a bit of kink/angle to give a bit more entry space.

To anyone who is new or hasn't read it in a while :). There would be an unwritten gentlemans agreement in this case that braking for the corner doesn't count as a lift off the gas!

Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.

Last edited:
Same story there in real life ... even when the line starts to disappear later in the race :)
le mans sebring entry.jpg
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_circuit_sebring2021_20-1-122-10-54-26.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers Brian, agree. I just didn't know there was a white line there. :roflmao: Maybe its my graphics settings.

VR onboard, now I look for it in the replay it is faintly visible as you come off the blue and white but I am looking right at this point and hadn't noticed it.

lemansvr.JPG

This is where I am just before I turn in.. notice how you screenshot its much bolder and more visible. Not sure why..
lemans.JPG

Cheers Brian, agree. I just didn't know there was a white line there. :roflmao: Maybe its my graphics settings.

VR onboard, now I look for it in the replay it is faintly visible as you come off the blue and white but I am looking right at this point and hadn't noticed it.

View attachment 542965
This is where I am just before I turn in.. notice how you screenshot its much bolder and more visible. Not sure why..
View attachment 542966

Ye it''s hard to see in VR. VR plays strange tricks with the white lines for some reason. That's in my monitor setting so not sure if it a VR issue or just CSP/video settings.

Ye it''s hard to see in VR. VR plays strange tricks with the white lines for some reason. That's in my monitor setting so not sure if it a VR issue or just CSP/video settings.
Must be the latter, my 2nd screenshot is on the flat monitor replay. I have CSP installed but never touched the settings. I don't turn on the Sol stuff either as it kills performance (probably could be tuned for VR but I haven't tried). Your colours look much nicer.

Last edited:
I didn't like/understand the 488 when I started driving it. Revved and sounded like a diesel. And the a slow spin out of nowhere, which is impossible to save.

But now I really enjoy driving the 488. A sound mod form Fonsecker makes it sound much better. I've slowly been improving the setup to suit my driving. Normally run a wing of 5, sometimes 4. Any less and it's deadly for me. Have to soften or raise the suspension for the bumps, without going wallowy. Next step would be to improve the damping.
But of course, Sophia does throw a strop every now and then just to show who is still the boss, and round and round we go, slowly like Bambi on ice :roflmao:

Of course lot's to improve in my driving as well.

Taken Claudia out for this weekend, think she's a bit miffed that I've ignored her for so long, have to rebuild my relationship with her :cool:

Must be the latter, my 2nd screenshot is on the flat monitor replay. I have CSP installed but never touched the settings. I don't turn on the Sol stuff either as it kills performance (probably could be tuned for VR but I haven't tried). Your colours look much nicer.

That's a natural photogenic mod or something similar instead of Sol. First time trying it. Keep meaning to dive into screenshot settings but never get around to it! There's a few other mods i keep meaning to get and try that look like a plug and play answer.

I had a look in VR and my line looks alot clearer than yours. It's very hard to see further than 100m, but clear up to that. The opposite of your screenshot oddly! Can post settings later, but it's a different headset so might look crap!

Last edited:
I didn't like/understand the 488 when I started driving it. Revved and sounded like a diesel. And the a slow spin out of nowhere, which is impossible to save.

But now I really enjoy driving the 488. A sound mod form Fonsecker makes it sound much better. I've slowly been improving the setup to suit my driving. Normally run a wing of 5, sometimes 4. Any less and it's deadly for me. Have to soften or raise the suspension for the bumps, without going wallowy. Next step would be to improve the damping.
But of course, Sophia does throw a strop every now and then just to show who is still the boss, and round and round we go, slowly like Bambi on ice :roflmao:

Taken Claudia out for this weekend, think she's a bit miffed that I've ignored her for so long, have to rebuild my relationship with her :cool:

Going to try this out tonight. His Lambo one is savage!

You are not alone. Loved setting it up, wing 2 and 3 is faster, but trying to get a lap where the wing worked, was for me a no go.
I found that 4 gives the best overall lap times and best stability.
5 is a bridge too far, and best stayed away from, unless maybe it is a slow twisty track.
It took a lot of juggling to stop the back coming around and losing time, but eventually I got it so slides were at least neutral and generally did not happen.
Gearing is difficult to get right, still not happy with that,
If I was running this car I would put a lot of effort into getting the gearing spot on. Calculating max gear change rpm.
So much time is lost by over reving this engine, or come to think of it under revving it.
I did not tempt aero with the front wing, best left at 0 , when high down force is being used in a corner I don’t want too much aero at the front thus keeping it a bit of aero under steering car.
Especially noticeable in the last corner.
If you base your setup around wing 4 rear and front 0 and go from there.
Getting front camber and especially rear camber correct is another important thing , other wise you will constantly get rear slides and not be able to use full power.
It is very good on the brakes, that I noticed too.
There is so much left to play with in this car, that is what I like about it.
Power diff I ran at 15% I think , with TC at 2 or 3.
Again there is time in the diff , but for me there starts to be a lot of juggling setup once I get radical with diff power and TC.
I ran with 60% coast, again there is time there, because the diff coast will not help turn in.
But searching for tenths, and losing 5 tenths in one slide soon focus’s you on stability rather than fractions of a second.
The best we can do is drive to our ability, making a car unstable may be good for lap times, unfortunately you need the skill to go with it.
It takes me about 10 seconds to bend down a pick something up , fast twitching muscle response left me about 25 years ago . :-/
I also ran a lot of toe in at the back to help with stability, but you start to get into the realms of making small adjustments that assetto corsa may not take into account.
Dampers are a strange one in assetto corsa too, I ran my Nissan with all dampers set to 0 , and still did the same lap times. I still play with them, but because I don’t know if I am wasting my time, tend to not put much effort in.
But I do it because that is what you are supposed to do. So I treat FWD, RWD , RWD engine overhang cars and mid engine cars with what generally amounts to theoretical changes, rather than measured with lap after lap of testing.
Could waffle on for ages about the Ferrari, which I have really grown to like.
:-/

hello i am new to RD's club races, i need to password to join the event please :)

Hi, welcome to RD's club races. Please read the rules and regulations in the first 3 posts. You will also need to add your real name to your RD profile/in game so staff and others can tell it's you on track.

I will forward the password now.

Hi, welcome to RD's club races. Please read the rules and regulations in the first 3 posts. You will also need to add your real name to your RD profile/in game so staff and others can tell it's you on track.

I will forward the password now.
allready read the rules and will add my name. thank you

Got a bad start lost a couple of places immediately but a bit of drama saw me back in the lead by Hairpin. 1/2 way through the race I took a bit of grass exiting T1, spun and went through the barrier into the scenery. :roflmao: Tried to get back out but I was now trapped behind the wall and fences. :unsure: Definitely an abuse of 'track limits' I was driving around caravans. Congratulations to the winners and thanks for organising Brian.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back