AC GT Multiclass @ Sebring - Sunday 20th February 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry lads, looks like I was warping for some reason.

Somehow David in the Ginetta jumped 500m into me as I was braking, I went flying but in my replay David seemed to carry on. Not sure if you experienced an accident but I'm sorry if you did.

I decided to quit rather than be a moving accident waiting to happen.
Hope you all had a good race!!

Nice race overall. Long long time since my last GT3 racing so tried to be as boring as possible, although had no idea how fast are those Ginettas... perhaps because of long time I struggled to overtake them (sorry if I wasn't a good GT3 this night - will keep practicing). Good battle with Danny (once at T1 a slight touch, looked fair to me) and then I pitted. Second stint was less intense and ended up a couple of positions ahead, at the end a good consistent 6th after starting last.

See you all next time!

PS: forgot to mention the mess after T1. Basically I tried to avoid a Macca spun ahead of me and ended up hitting someone else on my left. Little to do. :(

Last edited:
Lucky to get 4th, two accidents, one me, sorry Hape, the other not my fault.
could do nothing about Brian and Thomas. In reality, I was probably going to be 4th irrespective.
So I was pleased I salvaged a race, felt for Hape, had more problems than I did.
I only noticed when i bumped Hape, that the grip was 98%, Lamborghini's off the throttle and low grip is a recipient for disaster.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
well done Podiums.

Nice race overall. Long long time since my last GT3 racing so tried to be as boring as possible, although had no idea how fast are those Ginettas... perhaps because of long time I struggled to overtake them (sorry if I wasn't a good GT3 this night - will keep practicing). Good battle with Danny (once at T1 a slight touch, looked fair to me) and then I pitted. Second stint was less intense and ended up a couple of positions ahead, at the end a good consistent 6th after starting last.

See you all next time!
the battle was fun! sorry for the touch. i dont know if i was responsible for it but we didnt crash i kept going ahah. not gonna see me in the porsche next race though!

That was a weird race. Quallyfied 2nd with my first 2.09, had a great start and Tim didn't so I qas first after T1. Then Ernie in the Lambo was very cautious and held me up so Tim could profit. After that a decent lap a had a small gap to Pat and Paul but Fabiano threaten to divebomb me in T2 so I couldn't follow the raceline and got a rear tyre in the sand. Pat and Paul passed me because I lost a lot of speed from that. Followed Paul a few laps but it was hazardous to stay close because he had different brake points and racelines. After I could overtake him on the last straight and last turn, he went in the pits for I think an undercut. I decided to do the same and indeed I came back in front of him but got a little distracted by David so again the rear tyre in the sand and Paul was back in front of me. Then I had a sudden oversteer in Cunningham corner and went on the grass with a 180.
After that I was dead last with no hope on a podium anymore because Pat en Paul were not much slower and the gap was about 13s. So I tried to pick up the pace to see if I could get David for 4th.
But then first Tim left because he got stuck and when Pat pitted he came out more then 10s behind me. What happened, Pat?
The gap to Paul was then 5s with 20 minutes to go. That looked doable so I went for it. I managed to close the gap (probably because Paul had less luck with the GT3's) and could overtake him again on the last straight/turn.
The last laps I was only trying not to make mistakes.

So a very unexpected win which proves that you should never give up!

Congrats to the other podiums and thanks all for racing and Brian for organising.
See you next week!

Got a bad start lost a couple of places immediately but a bit of drama saw me back in the lead by Hairpin. 1/2 way through the race I took a bit of grass exiting T1, spun and went through the barrier into the scenery. :roflmao: Tried to get back out but I was now trapped behind the wall and fences. :unsure: Definitely an abuse of 'track limits' I was driving around caravans. Congratulations to the winners and thanks for organising Brian.

Sorry that happened Tim. I thought it would be possible to escape the campsite which would be a better outcome than the old track where you could get the nose of the car stuck in the barrier at t1 :( Maybe we should have waited for an update... but you just never know when they will happen. My own love for sebring probably at fault there.

@Taj Johal You were lagging badly on discord so I guess you had an 'electronic failure' in the Lambo.. Guessing it wasn't related to the server having a wobble. Maybe it's all to do with the storms. My whole house was shaking midway through the race. The attic door was rattling!

…Somehow David in the Ginetta jumped 500m into me as I was braking, I went flying but in my replay David seemed to carry on. Not sure if you experienced an accident but I'm sorry if you did.
It didn’t effect me at all @Taj Johal . You were jumping around but it sounds like I was as well. A few seconds after you disconnected other people mentioned the same so it sounds like there was a server issue too. Either way it was all fine with me

I was always going to be last as I was 2seconds per lap off the next person. No idea what I was doing wrong but I figured it was worth persevering with.

It was good to follow Paul and Han in the early stages. After they pitted and caught me back up I had hoped to let both of them past together to avoid breaking the battle up but when I moved out of Paul’s way there was a GT3 rather than Han behind me which created a bit of chaos for a moment.

I’d planned a very late pit stop to get a few more track battles than last place is strictly entitled to which kept things interesting.

Gutted for @Fiberoptix - I had similar at one of the gt3 races when I fell through a hole on the track just off the racing line. I found you can teleport back to the pits and continue from there. Frustrating all the same.

Thanks for organising a great event @Interslice.

Last edited:
Turn 1 lap 1 of Sebring never fails to mix things up! Luckily I managed to find a gap through the melee and to my surprise was into third behind thomas into the hairpin.
I had a slowish start due to making 1st usable for the hairpin. The acceleration of @kaozer 's porker had him right up the inside so I was down in 6th entering turn 1.

I had pestering ernie in the twisty sections and never getting the pass as the probable story of my race! Instead I was right behind the 2 lead maccers. They were both super quick on the fresh tyres and @thom462 opened up a 5 second gap fairly quick before it settled. I had a brief shot at putting proper pressure on thomas after he got caught in heavy traffic but i got a bit sloppy myself and he got it back to 6 after the pits... That first gear cost me time again get out of the box.. I was glad to hear he felt the pressure though as I was sweating throughout, hoping he would make a mistake as the tyres cooked or with the traffic that came at the end.. Wasn't to be, bit I definitely would have taken a podium before it started! It's odd that you never know of the guy ahead is cruising or giving it everything to hold the gap :).

Congrats to Pat and Han for the wins and the other podiums. Hope you all enjoyed it.

See you next week for the ginetta Championship!

Reminder to sign up here before tomorrow when the track will be revealed!

That was a weird race. Quallyfied 2nd with my first 2.09, had a great start and Tim didn't so I qas first after T1. Then Ernie in the Lambo was very cautious and held me up so Tim could profit. After that a decent lap a had a small gap to Pat and Paul but Fabiano threaten to divebomb me in T2 so I couldn't follow the raceline and got a rear tyre in the sand. Pat and Paul passed me because I lost a lot of speed from that. Followed Paul a few laps but it was hazardous to stay close because he had different brake points and racelines. After I could overtake him on the last straight and last turn, he went in the pits for I think an undercut. I decided to do the same and indeed I came back in front of him but got a little distracted by David so again the rear tyre in the sand and Paul was back in front of me. Then I had a sudden oversteer in Cunningham corner and went on the grass with a 180.
After that I was dead last with no hope on a podium anymore because Pat en Paul were not much slower and the gap was about 13s. So I tried to pick up the pace to see if I could get David for 4th.
But then first Tim left because he got stuck and when Pat pitted he came out more then 10s behind me. What happened, Pat?
The gap to Paul was then 5s with 20 minutes to go. That looked doable so I went for it. I managed to close the gap (probably because Paul had less luck with the GT3's) and could overtake him again on the last straight/turn.
The last laps I was only trying not to make mistakes.

So a very unexpected win which proves that you should never give up!

Congrats to the other podiums and thanks all for racing and Brian for organising.
See you next week!
On Han’s anniversary of running races he completes three consecutive wins, Tuesday in the Ligier, Wednesday in the Audi and now today in the Ginetta. Congratulations!!!!:thumbsup: You are in form , and a little bit off luck along the way so the smart money must be on Han for the win at Spa in the Classic F1 race on Tuesday?????:D

I had a bit of practice during the week and found some good lap times but they deserted me tonight as I struggled to find any rhythm. Had some good battles with Pat and Han but was always struggling to keep up, will watch the replay back to see Han’s lines as I seem to be braking far too early and struggled with corner exit, particularly Tower turn which caused him some scary moments.:confused:

I was glad to see the flag as Pat was faster but a bump from him going into the last turn when Ernie went past meant Pat fell back leaving me to take second place, so happy with that.

Thanks to Brian for organising and well done to all for making it a fun race. See you next time.

thats about the only thing i had going for me with the porker i feel like :roflmao:

Haha, don't worry, many have tried and failed to make it work :). Drawn in by it's good looks and lovely sound! It's probably a 6 month commitment to get to where you will be in the bmw in 6 weeks.

Uneventful but stressful race resulting in second position today. Had an ok start and settled behind Patrick. Couldnt go the same pace so goal was to make no mistakes and keep the pace constant. Brian was behind me and I could open an ok gap. Lost all that hard developed seconds when I made a mistake whilst lapping. Sorry @davejevons for me going on the brakes, somehow got destracted while overtaking. Glad you reacted and there was no contact. But my gap to Brian was gone and the rest of the race I always felt the pressure as he was doing the same pace and I had to push pretty hard to go that pace. So I was glad to make no mistake and get the result home, especially when I got knee pain 10 minutes to go, was even throttling with my left foot on the backstraight to give my right foot some relief:laugh:. Thx Brian for organizing and all for showing up. Cu next time.

Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_circuit_sebring2021_20-2-122-23-30-8.jpg

Sorry that happened Tim. I thought it would be possible to escape the campsite which would be a better outcome than the old track where you could get the nose of the car stuck in the barrier at t1 :( Maybe we should have waited for an update... but you just never know when they will happen. My own love for sebring probably at fault there.

@Taj Johal You were lagging badly on discord so I guess you had an 'electronic failure' in the Lambo.. Guessing it wasn't related to the server having a wobble. Maybe it's all to do with the storms. My whole house was shaking midway through the race. The attic door was rattling!
Hey no worries. I lost control and crashed so only myself to blame. It would have written the car off the impact if we were running damage so on this occasion I will live with not bouncing off the barriers and carrying on like nothing happened. ;) Great track, it grew on me in the end and I came to really like it

Weather here was violently windy too and I am surprised I stayed on line for the duration. We had a short power cut Friday but survived the Sunday night without issue.

I'm chuffed @HF2000 took the win after his heart warming post to the community yesterday. Get in Han with 3 victories in a week. You will be rocking the simgp leaderboard soon. Sadly my record got a no finish and 10 incident points ( all from one crash?? I didn't have any contact elsewhere..)

Was good to race the Ginetta again, shame we only had 5 in the end. I see healthy numbers are in for the championship so very much looking forward to that.

Latest News

Back