AC GT-M @ Monza - Sunday 2nd July 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I usually don't run it to be honest.

I've dumped my VR settings here if you want to try them.

@eN1xes
The front and rear suspension frequency was probably too close. That means the front had not settled before the rear suspension hit the sausage. You did lift, but not sufficiently, this too contributed the above, I always try and time the lift and the rear to coincide with the rear wheel hitting the sausage. Rather than pre judging it.

PS
I always try and make the rear frequency to be higher than the front. But as this always seems to be not obtainable with AC setup and my driving ability. I always usually break this rule, I think with the right level of skill, this would not be true. But I always make sure that the front end gets a chance to settle, so that means front and rear frequencies should be at least different.

To be taken with a pinch of salt.:laugh::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
is more on a car model bug what happened on monza . same kerb yesterday i was on the exos 125 (kunos cars kunos track) multiplayer open lobby was like nothing and i went even more agrressive(you can try by urself)so i did a test on another open lobby with gt3 same . the weird thing that i notice when that thing occur was the lambo for a strange reason was like losing all the ffb information instant and was it like floating on hole

Last edited:
The frequencies are still not that high, gt3 cars. ( the expos has much higher frequencies and a much quicker chassis response ) if I remember about 4 HZ for our Gt3 cars, as you say the cars are so different, behaving independently from each other in the same situation.
At Monza, with Kunos gt3 cars, I tried to solve this by dramatically changing f/r frequencies, roll stiffness and fast damping. It would work at one speed but not another, one angle of approach, but not another. A long story it was too, with all the Gt3 cars to test. So if you change the speed or approach by an amount, you change the response. Setups did not seem to really affect much, so many variables???

In the end I decided I did not know the maths and the degree of complexity that Kunos apply to a very old sim engine, the variables are just too much, so I just picked the best car for those those sausages on that series of corners at Monza. Set it up the best I could and used that car.
( it worked well, until I spun ) :roflmao::roflmao:

I rarely drive ACC, but it is such a shock to be able to abuse the curbs without the constant fear of disappearing into the scenery.

By lifting as the car hits the sausage, the car is automatically much more stable, but you lose time, so you push that envelope, and it works, so you get a feeling of confidence and repeat it, until things works against you. It is then a shock of visiting the scenery and you think what happened there. ( and we have not even got to that nasty problem of one driving wheel on a sloping curb and instant spin problem )

I had hoped we would have access, eventually, to one of the race car creators that knew the software and the maths that go into creating a race car on AC, then pile in with the questions, on, for example, these gt3 cars and all the physics that go into answering this particular question. ( people just do not to want to share information in a competitive environment, shame ) perhaps it is knowing we’re to look ???

In the end….. I have to do a mass of testing, a mass of variables, a totally inadequate mental ability and then wonder why i am getting nowhere.:roflmao::roflmao:
I suppose, I cannot change the Kunos physics, so even with a heap of knowledge, I am still left with trial and error and use the bit of knowledge I have gained.:(

It would be nice to know when I am wasting my time and when I am doing something constructive though.

The other thing I find frustrating is that we think the best setups come from the fastest drivers, I bet you any thing that if a load of setups are posted, every one will use the setups of the fastest drivers. Thinking there is some magic that may rub off, totally ignoring the slower drivers setups, and not being aware they are fast setups because the drivers are fast.

If anyone has managed to Wade though this load of pointless waffle, then they have my admiration.
For some weird reason I have had my “waffly hat” on these past few days.:p:p:p
Post holiday blues…:unsure::unsure:

PS
lambo for a strange reason was like losing all the ffb information instant and was it like floating on hole.

Probably the physics engine trying to catch up with the situation the car is in.

Just another guess…:O_o: unfortunately.:(

Last edited:
Well, AC has the famous kerb of death issue that Aris fixed in ACC by using different physics/math which makes it more reliable on kerbs. It's called the 5 point tire model in ACC.

Aris explains it here : https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...oducing-the-5-point-tyre-model-for-acc.59307/

I think however that c4fab added something like it to CSP as well recently, not completely sure. I don't think it works in online races as it wouldn't be fair. I'd have to look that up.

So in AC it's possible you are unlucky when attacking kerbs and get thrown off. It has always been the case and it's not down to setup.

Well, AC has the famous kerb of death issue that Aris fixed in ACC by using different physics/math which makes it more reliable on kerbs. It's called the 5 point tire model in ACC.

Aris explains it here : https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...oducing-the-5-point-tyre-model-for-acc.59307/

I think however that c4fab added something like it to CSP as well recently, not completely sure. I don't think it works in online races as it wouldn't be fair. I'd have to look that up.

So in AC it's possible you are unlucky when attacking kerbs and get thrown off. It has always been the case and it's not down to setup.

Thanks for sharing the Aris article, a very enlighten read. Explains the very puzzling problem this newbie driver had experienced when going over curbs!

Latest News

Back