AC GT-M @ Monza - Sunday 2nd July 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. Next Sunday we're at Monza for some GT action!!

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All race department premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Need a warm-up or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 + Abarth event earlier in the week . We also run a practice server all week for all events.

Monza2010.png

• Practice Server: RaceDepartment.com #3 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: RaceDepartment.com #3 - Netherlands
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 DST, 18:00 UTC | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 DST, 19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 DST, 19:40 UTC) | 2 x 25 minute - Race

Cars (Ballast/Restrictor)
  • RSS Mercer V8 (8kg/6%)
  • RSS Bayro 6 V8
  • RSS Lanzo V10
  • Purchase here

Event details:
  • Track: Monza OSRW
  • Pit stop: Optional
  • Track Temps: 20C air/30C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind, Optimum grip.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory TC and ABS
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Hey, since it doesn't seem like you guys have someone to crash in T1, I'd like to sign in, preferably with the merc. Is there any base setup, or is the setup in ac is driveable?
In my limited experience, the default setup is pretty good. I made minimal changes (alignment, tire pressures, anti-roll bars and the like). The Merc also seems to tolerate low wing settings without making the car undrivable.

Sure we can keep that going Dai, until the summer season is over.

Mercer is probably the easiest to drive.
Thanks Brian!

Now if the idea of BOP for us is to keep the racing close, should we not apply the BOP to driver instead of cars? For example, if we give 30 BOP pints to Fulvio, then he will less likely to have start from the end of the field by skipping quali and still win the race:D:D:D
Just joking!

Dai

Thanks Brian!

Now if the idea of BOP for us is to keep the racing close, should we not apply the BOP to driver instead of cars? For example, if we give 30 BOP pints to Fulvio, then he will less likely to have start from the end of the field by skipping quali and still win the race:D:D:D
Just joking!

Dai
last race pace was really close on the 1st stint . im ok with bop for the winners but like 3kg 1st/ 2kg 2nd / 1kg 3rd with a max of 30 . i did a small championship with the mx5 where was +50 every win, i ended with a tankmiata +150 and was not fun :'D so avoid putting broken bops

All in favour of BoP for cars - would love to drive the Lambo with it's superb turn-in, but for drivers, definitely no.

Fulvio and the many others ahead of me (dammit:p) are to learn from and try to improve; cripple the winners is no way to compete. Just imo:)

(meant as a reply to Dai)

That was a joke as my disclaimer said.
Absolutely NOT in favor of BOP for drivers!

I asked for no BPO for the Mercer only because I had spent time getting to know it driving wise and would like to avoid to learn another car now. As a newbie, I few learning is better with sticking with a minimum number of cars first. For as much as it is fun to switch to new car, I really miss driving the Ginetta, after practicing in it allot. Very forgiving car for a newbie. I hope going forward we stick to these GTM cars for a while.

Dai

Latest News

Back