Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
2002 Spanish GP

FIA Press Conference
@Mane Goddard: It seems it was crucial that you got past Engberink during the stops, was there no way to overtake him on track?​

Well, things were going so well in the race for me that I decided not to risk too much (strangely) to overtake Tim because I wasn't felt so confident to do it when I realized that would be difficult to overtake him, so I decided stay close to him always. When he entered into the pits, I realized that my wheels can last a couple of laps, which was a great advantage. I decided to push those laps as possible before entering the pits to make the greatest difference possible and luckily both the wheels and the engine worked great. I told to the boys in the pits to fuelling as little as possible and change the wheels as quickly as possible. In the end everything was perfect and I'm very happy to take the lead again in the championship. Well, to be honest almost perfect, because unfortunately Tapio had to leave for the incident at the beginning of the race :(
But in the next race everything will be perfect, or at least we hope so :thumbsup:

Buys:
Race BHP +2
Quali BHP +2
-100 CoF
Race Skill +15
Quali Skill +5

2002 Austrian GP
g6gtSqK.png

Engberink snatches pole
2nd pole of the season for the Renault driver, ahead of Jimmy Laad. Pablo Diehl got 3rd alongside Kederer. Last round winner Goddard will start from with, Foro sits behind him in 6th. Ancevski had to settle for 7th, followed by Brugman, Hunsley and Utzer.

HOPPA, fun fact. Austria is the only circuit which I haven't scored any points on

Oh and: OUTQUALIFIED JIM!!!!

Last edited:
2002 Austrian GP

CdwqPiq.png

0BkmoGO.png

Kederer wins in Austria
The Jordan driver won his 2nd race this year. Donald Brugman scored a third consecutive 2nd place, and Tapio Rinneaho got his first points since the opening round.
At the start Engberink kept the lead ahead of Laad, while Diehl dropped to 4th behind Kederer. Ancevski got up 2 spots, right behind his teammate, while Goddard on the other hand lost 2 places, dropping to 7th. He lost another 2 places the next laps, before getting back to 7th after passing Hunsley and gaining one spot due to Diehl retiring with a gearbox failure. A few laps later he was back in the points after passing Brugman. Mishra dropped to last after a chain reaction saw him being pushed in the gravel trap at turn 2. Reed lost some positions when he spun off in the penultimate corner. At the front the battle for 1st was going on, with the top 4 being within 2 seconds. Engberink managed to keep Laad behind, until a puncture ended his race just before the first round of stops began.
Laad inherited the lead, but lost it to Kederer when he pitted. Ancevski took 1st when the Jordan driver pitted as well, a few seconds behind him Goddard and Laad were swapping places a few times while fighting for 2nd. Foro was running in 4th, followed by Brugman and Kederer. When Ancevski and Goddard came in for their 2nd stops Laad retook the lead. Foro was right behind him, Brugman and Kederer followed with a gap of a few seconds. Behind them were Rinneaho, Laskey, Martins and Buurlage. The Dutchman showed great performance so far, having started from last. In lap 41 Foro and Kederer could overtake Laad and Brugman respectively.
Laad was the first one to make his final stop, which allowed Kederer to get past thanks to a few more laps on low fuel. Foro remained ahead of both of them, but he had to pit again only 4 laps later, dropping him out of the points positions. Ancevski and Goddard led for a short time, before they too had to make their final stops. Running order after that was Kederer leading, followed by Laad, Brugman, Rinneaho, Laskey, Martins, Buurlage, Ancevski, Sigoulakis and Goddard. That wasn't the end to it though, with 10 laps to go Laad's gearbox failed, marking his 6th consecutive retirement. Sigoulakis lost 8th in the penultimate lap when his engine blew up.

FIA Press Conference
@TTupsi: Happy that you could end your run of rather unlucky performances?
@The_Laskinator: First points in your young career, did you expect them this early already?
@Rui F. Martins @Lesley Buurlage: Did you have some good fun passing the other cars on your way to the points?

Market is open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back