Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Website Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Okay I'm having to stop my revision for this so I'm starting to get really annoyed now...

2a85avp.png

317d2ja.png

2nlbo7o.png

29efwr9.png

When someone has the run on you like that and goes down the inside and you can clearly see it with the markers, what a smart driver would do is notice that, brake earlier into the corner and cut back because he knows the other driver will go slightly deeper then him and then he can take the position back, or the other option is try and stay on the normal line and hope you don't get closed off.

Whenever I get overtaken I know when the pass is complete and whether there's any point staying on my normal line, I think you overtook me once yesterday into turn 4 around the outside but I thought let me try to cut back and get a better exit.

Okay I'm having to stop my revision for this so I'm starting to get really annoyed now...

2a85avp.png

317d2ja.png

2nlbo7o.png

29efwr9.png

When someone has the run on you like that and goes down the inside and you can clearly see it with the markers, what a smart driver would do is notice that, brake earlier into the corner and cut back because he knows the other driver will go slightly deeper then him and then he can take the position back, or the other option is try and stay on the normal line and hope you don't get closed off.

Whenever I get overtaken I know when the pass is complete and whether there's any point staying on my normal line, I think you overtook me once yesterday into turn 4 around the outside but I thought let me try to cut back and get a better exit.
I can see where you're coming from mate, and if you had watched my whole race edit you would've seen that that's exactly what I did with Mikey. However I was as much to the right as I could possibly be when you hit me, so you could've easily avoided contact but you chose to push me wide instead. But if this is ok, I'm gonna race like you too! I will get a big advantage so thanks...

1. With Melbourne over and done with how do you feel your first race went and has it changed your targets for the season?
In Melburne i was unlucky i think. And hope for clean first lap races. My targets are the same

2. Were there any performances that suprised you?
Our (ex :( ) driver John was strugling there thougt he finished better

3. What are your likes and dislikes of the sepang track?
I like this track but feel like in practise that i take some corners with luck and this makes me a bit uncomfortable

4. Williams finished 1-2 in Australia can they be beaten here in Malaysia?
They are like dream team but we have very quick drivers so its possible

5. Are you attending Round 2 Malaysian Grand Prix?
Probably

This is pretty small in comparison in what I've seen in my karting days!

We were always racing hard but sometimes over did, Frede would also know the consequences of over doing it!

Trapped Shoulder nerve, two sprained wrists and badly bruised hand as a result.
Yeah but this isn't karting. I remember when me and Frede got disqualified from the us grand prix, every driver including Saif said that it's like that in formula 1 so you should get that it should be like that here. But when it suits him he says that this isn't real life formula 1, but a game where you can drive "tougher" than in formula 1. That is a double standard...

This is pretty small in comparison in what I've seen in my karting days!

We were always racing hard but sometimes over did, Frede would also know the consequences of over doing it!

Trapped Shoulder nerve, two sprained wrists and badly bruised hand as a result.
Yeah, I was on F1 the other day when I crashed at 150+mph. It was brutal - the wheel spun violently braking several fingers and my TV went flying off the table and I was hit by debris when it smashed. Scary stuff.

I can see where you're coming from mate, and if you had watched my whole race edit you would've seen that that's exactly what I did with Mikey. However I was as much to the right as I could possibly be when you hit me, so you could've easily avoided contact but you chose to push me wide instead. But if this is ok, I'm gonna race like you too! I will get a big advantage so thanks...

I'll just say one thing, if it had been you overtaking me in that corner and the same thing happened, reporting you wouldn't of ever crossed my mind, all that I would of thought of is get back on and chase him the hell down.

I'll just say one thing, if it had been you overtaking me in that corner and the same thing happened, reporting you wouldn't of never had crossed my mind, all that I would of thought of get back on and chase him the hell down.
Which I tried to do, but then your teammate crashed me out of the blue which made me lose 5 seconds. That is a definite penalty and it's crazy if he doesn't recieve one. If you don't recieve a penalty of any kind, I can live with it. But just know, I'll drive exactly like you in Spain.

Yeah but this isn't karting. I remember when me and Frede got disqualified from the us grand prix, every driver including Saif said that it's like that in formula 1 so you should get that it should be like that here. But when it suits him he says that this isn't real life formula 1, but a game where you can drive "tougher" than in formula 1. That is a double standard...

I'm not even prepared to go over that again!

If you want double standards go to GTP!

Which I tried to do, but then your teammate crashed me out of the blue which made me lose 5 seconds. That is a definite penalty and it's crazy if he doesn't recieve one. If you don't recieve a penalty of any kind, I can live with it. But just know, I'll drive exactly like you in Spain.
It's perfectly within the rules to do what Saif did, so I don't see any problem with it. Just make sure you do it gradually and predictably.

Yyyeah, no idea why the game resets those settings when you do that.
But anyway, why would you want linearity at anything over 0 using a wheel with 270° turning radius? Hell, I limited my wheel to just 180° for F1 and I'm using 0 linearity.
Oh, and first of all - what exactly do you mean by "absolute rubbish"?

None of the setups work. The wheel feels very different, it has never responded so quickly, not even with the default setup.

It's perfectly within the rules to do what Saif did, so I don't see any problem with it. Just make sure you do it gradually and predictably.
Just read the rules, and according to those Saif did something that was within the rules. I apoligise for calling you out mate! I thought it was wrong, but not anymore since I read the rules. Sorry! THis is a message to Saif btw, not to you Alistair.

I also would like to know something. who was the steward on the incidents I had with the mercedes drivers?

Myself and Andrew.

It surprises me that we get a 'no further action' much more often. Not even warnings or points on a license. Its almost like that if you wait the incident was ok.. People should be more careful, as I noticed that there are many more little incidents lately that due cause time loss. In my case, Jamie waited which is good ofcourse, but he didnt get a warning or a point on his license for it, so it might not scare him if it happens the next time (its an example). It will people make less cautious.

I got an in game 10 second penalty for that incident (which I haven't appealed).

My god, you lot would have a heart attack if you watched Touring Cars or Nascar LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back