F1 2012 F1 2012 Demo

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Meanwhile,
jvTX5.gif

The game is not out and CM is already disappointing with the demo releasing. I could download it on my PS3, but after wasting my money on F1 2011, I don't want to have another horrible F1 experience on PS3. I like steady frame rate, Codies. ;)

Now waiting for PC demo, and it isn't within scheduled release time. Looks like Codies aren't learning.

HORRIBLE, seriously even being smooth the car just understeers all over the place, at the lesmos it just goes straight into the sandtraps. The wheel snap on the straights is weird as all hell. Not to mention the massive understeer into the chicanes. You cannot trail brake these cars into the corners because it just understeers like crazy! There has to be something major wrong with this demo. This is worse then f1 2011, wow.

EDIT: the braking is also weird, you have to absolutely mash the pedal to pull these things up now.

Nah, the thing is that you need to steer more smooth, and the steering gives good response =)
Man I really feel you're gonna be the setup god again :) I think the 11/1 wings from 2010 are the best choice for 2012 :)

One thing that is worth to mention - the oversteer on corner exit has disappeared. No more gentle acceleration. You just slam the throttle and the car flies. Of course these are my impressions from about 20 minutes of playing. They might change later but for now I'm not impressed. This is probably because I'm too used to the light rear end and now I feel strange. We'll see.

HORRIBLE, seriously even being smooth the car just understeers all over the place, at the lesmos it just goes straight into the sandtraps. The wheel snap on the straights is weird as all hell. Not to mention the massive understeer into the chicanes. You cannot trail brake these cars into the corners because it just understeers like crazy! There has to be something major wrong with this demo. This is worse then f1 2011, wow.

EDIT: the braking is also weird, you have to absolutely mash the pedal to pull these things up now.
agree with EVERYTHING you said. same on xbox. haven't downloaded pc version yet.
not likely to buy this. what's this with 10 races in a season too?

So let's move on to the good stuff:
1 - the graphics are very nice. More real look compared to the cartoony f1 2011.
2 - the oversteer over the curbs is very good.
3 - the sound too is really nice
4 - it looks like the DRS is not the push to pass option from 2011. Even with DRS you have to fight to overtake.
5 - the huge slipstream is gone too. There is a slipstream but it's nothing compared to 2011.
6 - I moaned about the handling but I didn't check the setup and we all know the basic CM setups sux. With tweaking we can get to what we want so let's just focus on the real sh*t now.
7 - The BB is really nice addition.
8 - The penalties aren't that good for now. I got a penalty at the start without feeling anything. I just tuned into T1 on the outside and I got a penalty. Same at the Ascari. On the replay I saw a FI spinning behind me but I didn't feel or see anything.
9 - The is really nice :D They defend, they attack, they might even think :D

That's it for now, more tonight when I have a time for another run.

:roflmao:
I have just tried it, "what a crock"
I ran with no assist "as always" and all I can say is "Why"

Why have they gone through all this effort to make such an awful feeling game.
they shouldnt be charging people for this release, they should be giving it away as a mod to 2010 or 2011.
Its deffinetly not worth wasting £30 on.
:D

"now thats me been polite"

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 164 25.7%
  • Full game

Votes: 158 24.7%
  • CPU

Votes: 78 12.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 119 18.6%