AC CANCELED: Friday Race: Audi TT VLN@Bremgarten, Fri 28th July 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Ok, call me a weirdo but it seems wrong to thrash a modern car around that classic circuit. Yes, i tried it and it can be driven almost flat out on default. Surely it is too fast and too big for the track?
I cannot possibly have it recorded as the fastest lap for Bremgarten on my system, it's just not right :confused: :cautious: :O_o:

Ok, call me a weirdo but it seems wrong to thrash a modern car around that classic circuit. Yes, i tried it and it can be driven almost flat out on default. Surely it is too fast and too big for the track?
I cannot possibly have it recorded as the fastest lap for Bremgarten on my system, it's just not right :confused: :cautious: :O_o:
Lol. I’ll let you guys think on it and make the call. For me it’s one of those’ how can something so wrong feel so right’ kind of things. . Also haven’t you guys raced the Miatas and Abarths here?
Let me know what you guys think.
Good night.

Lol. I’ll let you guys think on it and make the call. For me it’s one of those’ how can something so wrong feel so right’ kind of things. . Also haven’t you guys raced the Miatas and Abarths here?
Let me know what you guys think.
Good night.
We have indeed and that kinda destroys my argument :thumbsup:

The reason for the check sum issues is not new. We recently did a series using the RSS pack and had to change lots of stuff using the download Robert described. I recently did a fresh download of the cars as they were altered in a few ways and i wanted them back to full power!
Never could understand why we have to change the name of the car?

My cheesey description for the event:

Into the Snake Pit: Dodge Viper GTS-R at Bremgarten
Join us as we travel to the historic circuit at Bern, Switzerland, beautifully recreated by @Fat-Alfie, for our next event. We'll be tearing through the Swiss countryside with the ferocious Dodge Viper GTS-R.

This high speed, but tight circuit will require patience and skill, leaving little room for error. Wait for the right moment, then strike when your opponent lets his guard down and makes a mistake!

NOTE:
Going with the 2 x 25 min sprint format for this event.
Changed it!

Hi all,

Well, for me, fun is key and is heavily influenced by the combination of car and track rather than historical accuracy.

While I prefer real tracks to fictional ones and modern tracks have their own charm, I don't let this preference limit me. I like the Fat-Alfie masterpieces and certain fictional tracks like Sveg.

It would be a shame to withhold those tracks from the Abarth/Mazda community for that reason.

Ok, sounds like this one may be too controversial and/or loaded with technical requirements that make it less than appealing... So far, interest seems to be low.

If we don't get at least 9 sign ups by Wednesday, we'll cancel it and run something different next week.
Thanks for your input and patience!

Ok, sounds like this one may be too controversial and/or loaded with technical requirements that make it less than appealing... So far, interest seems to be low.

If we don't get at least 9 sign ups by Wednesday, we'll cancel it and run something different next week.
Thanks for your input and patience!
Bram Hengeveld did a few times on Friday races with the Mini Cooper in AMS2.
I think they were quite succesful but it has stopped now.
You might give it a try in AC sometime: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/mini-challenge-imola-2001-friday-may-5-2023.258272/

Funny you mentioned that car ernie, I had a comment typed all typed out about how the Audi TT VLN is very fun at Fat Alfie tracks :)

It's not "period correct", but it is made for the the Nordschleife, which has overlap with these tracks. For FWD, this car does a nice job of feeling aggressive, while staying controllable

Screenshot_ks_audi_tt_vln_feldberg_17-3-123-22-6-19.jpg

Did some AI testing a few months ago with them :geek:

Last edited:
Can’t you add the Audi TT RS VLN so us numb skulls can enjoy a race, should be fun up against a much faster car on a country circuit.:unsure:
sure, what the hell. i'll add that one. i'll also add the Bow-flex (or whatever it's called), for giggles, since from what I understand that's what Fat-Alfie uses to test the tracks.

i'll have to kill the viper however, since any folks having problems accessing the server, still wouldn't be able to get in without the proper mods and the viper car itself installed...

stay tuned...

Save your viper description. Maybe you and Brian could run the GT1s the same week, get everyone on the same page with "real names" all at once. There's also a street viper mod (along with a couple other cars) here on RD where you could use it :geek:

Save your viper description. Maybe you and Brian could run the GT1s the same week, get everyone on the same page with "real names" all at once. There's also a street viper mod (along with a couple other cars) here on RD where you could use it :geek:

ok, that's a good tip. no worries, i could see that the viper wasn't working out. pity, it's a sweet ride.
yes, honestly, i was thinking i would just avoid using that RSS GT1 pack completely in the future, and save everyone the hassle :geek:

however, yes if we sync it up with other events it could make it worthwhile.
thanks! I'll check those links too.

Latest News

Back