AC BTCC @ Thruxton - 30th October 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Managed to get some practice in this morning:

E36 at "The Ring" :cool:

20221030E36race.jpg

And did not go "wheedwacking" one bit :rolleyes:

Well, everything that could go wrong did, not only fighting a ridiculous cough that is one permanent hacking sound, meaning sleeps are 5 minutes cat naps, at best. Then add to that the endless problem with this Thruxton race tonight , completely wrong setup, ended up on the start line standing with no car in sight, what was that all about. ( F1 seemed to sort that )
Then I manage to punt Carsten off, mortified by that, so sorry Carsten.

One other point, what is the point of a cold, what does it achieve other than to plague some poor sod with a miserable fortnight.:confused: To achieve what.:mad::mad:

I just could take anymore, sorry for the exit.:(

PS. I think Brian was sailing in the same boat as me, seemed to be having nothing but problems too.:roflmao::roflmao:

Definitely want another chance at these :)

First race was a mess fun then a mess again :confused: Jumped started, which I never do, then had good fun trying to hold it together, then ended one lap from the end stuck in a wall :laugh::O_o:
Second race was better overall position wise. Had some good battles with Paul early and midway through. couldn't make up the time to Ross who had great pace throughout :thumbsup:

+1 for adding these into the Sunday rotation. Good choice Brian, and good racing everyone

I was really surprised to be so close to the front after qualifying, as all previous attempts at anything resembling a decent lap were well and truly stuffed by that last chicane!:sick: Ross and Robert had much better pace though so happy with P3 on the grid.
When Robert jumped the start in race one I had a clean run through the Complex and out onto the fast bits, but Ross was in another league and soon disappeared into the distance.
Thomas in the BMW was catching me especially through that last *******chicane and the Complex but the Volvo was faster when it could stretch it's legs. It's a shame Thomas had technical issues with his wheel as it was building up to be a nice close battle but I managed to hang on for P2.
Feature Race two and I lit up the front tyres as Brian made it to the Complex in front of me, only for him to lose it under braking for that dammed last chicane. Robert in the Nissan was incoming fast and while I could hold him off for a bit,it was inevitable that his superior pace would soon find a way past.
All was going well and a podium spot likely until I came out after the pit stop and on cold tyres spun out exiting the Complex allowing Carsten through. I did it again on the next lap and by now Carsten was well gone. Ross lapped me and I tried to hang on to him which worked as I could see Carsten getting bigger up ahead. Carsten's tyres had given up with a couple of laps to go and I took the final podium spot.
I really enjoyed the cars and the format, sprint and feature races give you a second chance. Having these cars every other Sunday and the GT3's alternating is a big yes from me:thumbsup:, Thanks for setting it all up Brian and well done everyone for giving it a go.

Last edited:
Ernie, what did you say? ( don´t mention it;))

All in all I concurre, interesting series (hopefully) to be enjoyed again. :thumbsup:

All in all I could have done better, learning curve ahead.( I hope):O_o:
(this is my first time in car with frigging complicated setup that needs its tyres babied)

Race report Sprint:

had a glorious start, couldn´t hold it through the complex, started bleeding positions, mowed the lawn, wasn´t satiesfied.

Race report Race:

mediocre start, advanced by collecting freebies, stopped to early to avoid a battle, languished on P3 after stops, medium tyres bit the dust, mowed the lawn again and while allowing Ross to lap me another sneaky bugger slipped through to steal P3 :cry:

Went to bed and cried a little

Carsten

Latest News

Back