AC BTCC @ Thruxton - 30th October 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hey guys,

I'm a little low of participants for the Tuesday race.
Any ideas why that is... ;)

And no, please don´t ask me to join.

A colleague hazed me last week I´d be getting to old for my car because my my "wrapping out of it" is not the most gracefull. ( and has never been)

I told him I´d never be old enough to drive a Golf ( let alone a pensioner wart like a Tiguan or CRV)

So: don´t ask me :cool:

MFG Wheedwacker 320

@Interslice Hey Brian, I gathered that you have to sign up for them separately, so what happens with a 2 race format (tomorrow)? Do we wait on the server whilst magic happens or do we need to leave and go into the 2nd race?

Asking 'cos Discord (for me) is sh1te, some peeps I can't hear a word, others blow my ears out :laugh: (in case you give instructions there)

@Interslice Hey Brian, I gathered that you have to sign up for them separately, so what happens with a 2 race format (tomorrow)? Do we wait on the server whilst magic happens or do we need to leave and go into the 2nd race?

Asking 'cos Discord (for me) is sh1te, some peeps I can't hear a word, others blow my ears out :laugh: (in case you give instructions there)

Alright John, yep they're two separate servers so you'll need to hop out and into the new one when it launches. If my maths is right it should launch less than 5 minutes after the end of the sprint race.

First time trying this twin race format on s.gp so it might need some streamlining in future.

Alright John, yep they're two separate servers so you'll need to hop out and into the new one when it launches. If my maths is right it should launch less than 5 minutes after the end of the sprint race.

First time trying this twin race format on s.gp so it might need some streamlining in future.
Thanks Brian :thumbsup: , if anything changes on chat just ....

Last edited:
Our Robert is flying in the Nissan, should be a great race. Come to think of it he was flying again on Thursday night too.
Really struggling with the Nissan brakes, if only it had ABS. But it is what it is. Bugger.:(

347A809E-583D-4572-BE1D-5F2EC4E327E7.jpeg

I seem to have developed a liking for that wild car. Feels like I need a smoke after driving it :roflmao:

Curious how it goes with others on track. For the hard braking zones I'm starting at about the 200m signs, then easing off and aiming to be back on throttle (lightly) into the turn to try and keep things stable. This car seems to love easy in fast out. I was surprised at the time I saved by somewhat coasting into the esses and chicane and only going 50% throttle through.

It absolutely eats up the road on that big sweeping turn though :sneaky::)

Last edited:
Really struggling with the Nissan brakes, if only it had ABS. But it is what it is. Bugger.:(

You cozld try to up the "brake pressure" in setup.

Takes of the edge of Initial application of the brakes and allows better "tapering of when coming to turn in.

Wheedwacker 320 out
Thank you for the advice, :):thumbsup:I cannot imagine that there is any trick I have missed, still always a big problem. ( I will give what you said some more thought though ):)
The good thing about the older cars is they do not need to, usually, brake as hard as modern cars. So most of the time they are used to scrub speed, rather than some dramatic full nose on the steering wheel stop.
I would in an, off the cuff, not really looked into statement, say that modern performance race cars are all about the brakes.
:)

Latest News

Back