2020 Virtual 24 Hours of Le Mans (Live Stream)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Welcome to the central discussion thread for the first ever official 24 Hours of Le Mans - virtual edition.

This weekend marks an historic moment for the genre of sim racing, as the WEC, Automobile Club de l'Ouest and Motorsport Games are set to host what could well turn out to be the largest organised virtual race in history - the Le Mans 24 Hours Virtual.

Held as an officially sanctioned event in place of what would have been the real Le Mans 24 Hours this weekend, the race features an incredible selection of official teams, manufacturers and drivers. Two Formula 1 World Champions, three Indy 500 victors and seven outright Le Mans 24 Hour winners join together with some of the finest rFactor 2 sim racers racing side by side with their real world contemporaries .

Held at the beautiful Le Mans circuit in rFactor 2, and making use of the LMP2 and GTE content within the simulation, the race is set to become a high watermark for the increasingly popular esport movement we are experiencing at present.

You can catch all the action live here:

lando just uninstalled RF2 live on stream, rip
S397 should pause everything, like a red flag, erase the intervals and start again so Alonso wins. Just to troll Lando and Max :roflmao:
Despite being a big iRacing fan I was genuinely hoping this event would go off smoothly. The presentation quality is excellent and the field of drivers is top notch, no doubt. But it does show that the sim needs a fair amount of work yet.
Lando insinuated the possibility of another 24 on iRacing.

When you look at gentlemen like, for example - Jacky Ickxx or Derek Bell, who were interviewed early into the event. It is hard to imagine guys like those throwing toys to the ground as soon as they fails on them.

Jacky Ickxx is in particularly extremely wise man, if you pay attention the way he talks, and how bright he is able to look at various situations (his talk about this kind of event and how impressive is simulation technology, also he made great talk when interviewed during goodwood revival on why it is important to support modern ways too), it is then making better sense how he was able to win so much Le Mans races. It is that bright mindset that leads there.

Team Redline may be missing some of that mindset if you'd ask me. First time I noticed that was, when Heusinkveld pedals broke on Max once, and suddenly whole team got really disrespectful. In this case they may not have held respect to rF2 as they are majorly iR guys, so thats very likely contributed a lot to their failure now. I think as great as you are, you still have to struggle to be a gentleman and down to earth.

I think, there are less errors/crashes/spins by the drivers, because the WEC forced s387 to acivate ABS global on the server for all cars. Without ABS, i think there would´ve been more carnage, but me personal, does not need crashes and things like that, if there is tight, action packes racing, ;)
I don't know about LMP2, but if I'm not mistaken, GTE cars use ABS, so forcing ABS on is pretty real if you ask me :roflmao:

lando just uninstalled RF2 live on stream, rip
I just rejoined the livestream (the YT official one anyways). What happened?

Despite being a big iRacing fan I was genuinely hoping this event would go off smoothly. The presentation quality is excellent and the field of drivers is top notch, no doubt. But it does show that the sim needs a fair amount of work yet.

Decent recap of things so far here:

- ACO being ACO
- Race was shamelessly advertised with the #WeCan'tBreathe hashtag to suck in more viewers/bots
- 20k viewers but only a couple hundred quid donated.
- Saudi Arabian eSports sponsorship everywhere
- Server failure a few hours in, needed a red flag/restart
- Other miscellanous glitches screwing over top teams
- Pro drivers uninstalling the game mid-stream.

I look forward to the orwellian tweets and coverage from compromised media calling the event a roaring success.

There hasn't been much game-specific issues though?

Team Redline may be missing some of that mindset if you'd ask me. First time I noticed that was, when Heusinkveld pedals broke on Max once, and suddenly whole team got really disrespectful. In this case they may not have held respect to rF2 as they are majorly iR guys, so thats very likely contributed a lot to their failure now. I think as great as you are, you still have to struggle to be a gentleman and down to earth.

If you look at the teams that have struggled (Redline, Alonso, Ferrari), those are not teams that have spent that much time in rF2 and endurance racing in rF2. (One of the Ferrari teams does have a guy who have done RDLMS, but he got fanatec-related issues).

And I see no reason why it shouldn't run smooth until the finish. If others can do it on rF2, why can't Studio 397 do it themselves?
You've found it:
The biggest question in the universe. :p

The event itself is not that bad actually. Even if blown up to way more, than it is healthy already for sim racing, right now.

It just (rightfully) supports the reputation of rF2 being not very user friendly or stable, though.^^

Last edited:

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 122 27.6%
  • Full game

Votes: 103 23.3%
  • CPU

Votes: 55 12.4%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 80 18.1%
  • Other PC related hardware