2015 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upon viewing the replay i'm noticing that sometimes the cars around me are acting like i've hit them (on the opening lap of race 1 with Bonder and Joseph, can provide replay if needed) but I havn't touched them on my replay, which leads me to believe that I was having some PING issues last night, apologies to all who were effected by this, don't know what happened, normally my PING is decent :/

Qualifying was strange, I had my first lap hooked up great, had a draft for the run to 130R, but was blocked, that threw me off all session so I ended up starting way down the order in 25th, giving me a great preview of the reverse grid race.

In race 1 there were a few moments of the aforementioned lag but on the whole I made it up to 15th on lap 1, until I self-spun by putting a wheel over the kurb at 130R on the first lap, had to then work double-hard to make a result, managed to make 2 separate overtakes through the Casio Triangle on one lap (on Mr's Rohner and Breslin). I do feel that I should apologize to Tamas Pazsy though, my move into the Degners was out of desperation, the timer was running down and I felt that I could achieve an 8th place, so got an overlap on the inside, I think you closed in on the apex a little too much but there was contact (even if you didn't close in, with the pinging issues im not 100% sure I could make that stick), Managed then to pick of Olsson and then my awesome teammate Anders pulled out of the way, giving me a 9th place and a gain of 16 places, was very happy with that all things considered.

For race 2 I was back to the back of the grid in 25th (i think?) due to the reverse and confident that I'd done it once, I could do it again. Spent most of the race walking the thin line between bravery and stupidity, and with the sector splits so messed up I had no idea which position I was in, but I was making good steady progress until an incident with Paul Watkins sent me off, and back behind Jundt and Olsson :/ Car got a lot of damage after the Oscar/Sandrox incident into the Casio Triangle sort of ran me over :/ , Bug and windshield comes to mind. Spent the next part of the race trying to get some distance to Oscar, because I knew he was faster, He got by, I pushed him foreward as best I could, then a gap opened up and the last 7 mins of the 2nd race broadcast speak for themselfs, 25th - 3rd, 22 places gained. Most fun event I've had in AGES, thanks to RD and the staff and Davy, Hinss and RJ for the awesome broadcast.

Last edited:
Messed up before the event, wanted to have a few hours practice as opposed to what I head, either way did about 20 laps before qualifying. Did a decent lap in quali and ended up 10th, which I'm ok with.

Race 1 was really good fun, good racing trying to keep everyone as far away from Oscar as possible. 5th in the end is something I'm happy with.

Race 2, end of lap 1 I had contact with Dundu into T1 (not his fault) that meant I ended up pretty much last, had an interesting fight way back up the order but from all the things I have heard from Race 2, it sounds like me spinning out of it was not bad cause I heard some of the racing was pretty poor. I haven't watched it though so could be entirely wrong :)

Again, was a fun round :)

I had quite a lot of fun yesterday. Only just missed out on Pole to Arne by the smallest margin possible almost, but at least it was still second. Got a really good start and was leading into turn 1, and then we had 30 minutes of fun battling as could be seen in the video posted earlier in the thread. Just managed to stick it around the outside of 130R on the final lap and just won the drag race back to the line afterwards.

Starting 18th I knew I had to try and gap Arne as best I could if I were to have a chance of running away with it. Was quite aggressive on the first lap and was in the top 10 coming onto the back straight, and from then on just tried making clean and safe moves on everyone. Arne got held up by 2nd and 3rd which allowed me to gap him and then I could pull away. But he pitted a few laps afterwards (Why @ArneSchoonvliet ?) and then it was just a cruise to the win.

Going to miss the next round too (@Bram ) so it'll be division two for the round after that again. See you all then!

Well I passed 3rd and was behind 2nd and the 4th guy forget where to brake and just drive right in the back of me (which was the 2nd time he outbraked himself at the chicane). Because of the accident I cut the chicane and got a stop and go.. Going to protest the guy for sure

Last edited:
i hoped i would not have to report any incidents throughout the season , but iv had to report for this round for both race 1 and 2 :( .... really dissapointed in how things turned out , but have to move on

Race 2, end of lap 1 I had contact with Dundu into T1 (not his fault) that meant I ended up pretty much last

I was surpised when you suddenly shot to the left right infront of me. I ran the outside line and barely saw you before that:O_o:

Q: After a great lap in practice, I just couldn't do it again. Ended up 7th or so.

R1: A setup idea proposed by me to Andrew spelled our doom as our tyre wear increased and we never got away after the Hardwick-SandroX-Waring-Olsson incident.

Held onto 3rd until the last lap, where I am not sure if Tero just bumped me off the racing line to pass me, got a bit roughed up by SandroX aswell:(

R2: The timing glitched out right after the start. Pure chaos. After some laps, I noticed that checking the standings at the sectors and S/F was most effective as it showed the real positions for a bit.

Hard a tough battle in the last few laps with Mike&Oscar. Went 3-wide into Casio as Mike nearly dived into a hello. Oscar later bumped Mike into me like SandroX bumped me into Mike at Jacarepagua. I hadn't seen Oscar was at fault(who watches the rear mirrors when taking a hairpin?) so it got me quite upset.

Then the traditional Bell-Train proceeded, with Mike nearly parking his bus(Chelski-Fan by any chance?:p) on the racing line. Sometimes braking so abruptly that I feared that Oscar any anyone behind would run into us.

Lost 4th to Oscar at the beginning of the last lap, then aggressively outbraked Oscar into T1 and took Mike towards the end of the lap to claim 2nd place.

No chance to beat Olsson, who finished over 10s up the road.

Second 2nd place this season, but both in the reverse grid. Looks like that suits me.

Will be tough to catch Oscar if he doesn't miss an event, but I am peeking more at the team championship:D

Held onto 3rd until the last lap, where I am not sure if Tero just bumped me off the racing line to pass me, got a bit roughed up by SandroX aswell:(
Honestly can't remember for sure right now. I still haven't checked the replays. At times people right in front of me were really slow through 130R and it caught me out a bit. I remember a few bumps here and there but made sure I don't gain from those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.3%
  • Full game

Votes: 177 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 122 17.5%