2015 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well taken out in the first race, kept going. 17th. Now second race, I was catching to leaders until on the hairpin the guy in front me braked earlier than expected and started to make a blocking move towards me, and couldn't avoid in time. I honestly don't know, I know I was overagressive in Race 2 in some bit, sorry for some contacts, but I don't know. I honestly don't know. I'm pissed, angered, with a cut thumb due to my post race anger, I'm waiting a day to make a better decision

I had fun in race 1 tonight. First of all with a few good, clean overtaking manouvers, then with some serious defending from a hard charging Jim over the last few laps of the race. Highly enjoyable :)

For race 2 I was going to adjust the brake balance back to default in the menus, forgetting that the race starts immidiately after the other one. So I had to start from pit lane, and drove all alone for the entire race. At least I did avoid getting tangeled up in any drama with the reversed grid, though :p

Race 1 was basically a Battle for the last few positions with Andrew Harper and his awesome Williams Livery. I had no pace despite lots of practice and made tons of errors.

Race 2 was thrilling for the first 3 laps as I battled with Harper for lead( yes for the lead) . However after snatching the lead, I overcooked turn 1 and dropped all the way to last place. And that was about it for race 2. The remaining time I just consistenly banged in laptimes but could not catch up to the cars ahead. Finished 15th out of 18th for both races if I am correct.

Thanks Roy. Yes that was an excellent set of laps towards the end of Race 1. Had the same thing happen in Race 2 with @Genci Estebanez. Sorry for hitting you on last corner on last lap. Glad it made no difference to the race. At the start of Race 2 I got caught out by other peoples accidents and lost control trying to avoid them twice. Wish I could stop spinning out!

Regardless I had fun on Server 2 and all racing I experienced was very fair.

Had fun, need a shower now!!....(and it's not Xmas yet!!):p
Race 1 had some clean great 'racing', wheel to wheel, bumper to bumper etc, etc, especially with @Craig Patteson and @Dachsos proving that cars can go round corners, fast or slow side by side!!
Race 2 was good while it lasted......(5 laps)....:whistling: While being an innocent party, I think I should get a bonus point for a spectacular crash.............2 somersaults and landing back on all 4...ish!, wheels!!:laugh:

Q: Not much training, slightly intoxicated and straight at the wheel... usual time set, and as always, next to @Björn Golda.

R1: Starting in the rear, usual battles around the 25th place. I like the track better and the car wasn't behaving too bad except that the front tires just gave up in the last laps unexpectedly. Finished 24th or so...

R2: Starting 6th, I had a nice chance to get to the front. First few laps went nicely(ish) and then I took the lead. Only thing on my mind wasa when are the leaders coming through. But after all the time, they weren't around to distract me, so I decided to distract myself and drive horribly. Someone even got punted off in a late brake scenario by me. Sorry for that.
It wen't downhill from there. I knew I was fast enough to catch and hold atleast 4th and then hold off the leaders, but the plan didn't pan out. More and more mistakes, fatigue kicking in, places lost and a fatal mistake out of spoon in the last lap meant game over.

Too bad, I had a chance, but that is racing.

Props to @R.J. O'Connell & @Thomas Hinss for pronoucing my surname correctly. :D

@Kevin Endermann just had a look through the replays, and managing to pass on the inside, outside and driving side by side through 130R, Last Chicane and the first corner (or is it the first two), without contact, running outside or inside the track, and do it multiple times, now that was awesome!

First off congrats to my teammate Tobias for cruising to Race 2 victory and dragging us back into contention for the teams championship, I'll actually contribute towards it one day...

I don't think I have ever been 2 seconds off the leader's pace in FWD before, being over 1 second slower in the first sector as well. I just can't adapt to this car at all, it feels so so unnatural to drive, I have no confidence in it and its so inconsistent (thats probably me). But it is a lot of fun to battle in.

Also got frustrated at people I let through so we don't lose time battling, but instead of sitting behind the guy in front, they decide to battle life or death over 20th place when 14-19th were battling and just a few seconds up the road and easily catchable.

I set my PB without slipstream with a car that was heavily crabbing, pretty much explains how slow I was :/

I don't mind if I'm in server 1 or server 2 as long as I have races like today in Suzuka. R1 was a intense fight with @elpolan and @quicksilver384 for the whole race. R2 was a different story -I really don't like the reverse grids- and after a mistake I was again behind @quicksilver384 but couldn't keep his pace as R1.( I had some damage in my steering). Fortunately @Nobkins arrived to make the final laps quite interesting. One more lap and he'd overtaken me.
Very fair and clean racing. As I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.2%
  • Full game

Votes: 177 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 122 17.5%