2015 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did file detailed reports for incidents that put me back...
And I also did continue pushing after I had been put on my roof in Div1-R2-L1-T2 due to multiple drivers not giving a crap about risk and pushing over the limits in the middle of a mass-accident just for positions. Because you win races in the first turns of a race... :O_o:
A "small" loss of around 15 positions and a "few" additional seconds until I got reset and been able to rejoin the track with a badly beaten up car. And came up to P19 with P17 in a second's reach. :cool:
But I'm here in RD for some clean racing, not for destruction derby style of rampage. And if putting 32 incidents on the table of the reviewers is the way to get the issue of unfair and sloppy driving noticed, then I'll do it, and so did it already in an official report.

How come that around 15-20 drivers out of the 30 in Div 1 can battle clean, use some tactical positioning and push the nerves, but not the other's car? How come that some good, fair and kind guys that have waaay more history with RD have already left the championship because the "golden rules" of clean racing are being thrown in a corner by a subset of drivers just for a few meaningless points in the standings?

Just to refresh some knowledge about what the people here signed up for:

Racing League Regulations 2015 said:
3.3 Conditions
Simracing is a difficult sport that requires preparation and practice of the drivers to perform well. RaceDepartment demands of their drivers that they prepare themselves well before a league. This means that the driver has to have enough control over the car to drive a series of clean laps on a reasonable pace without spinning, or crashing it. It also means that the driver knows the tracks well enough to cleanly drive the ideal line and to overtake or be overtaken without causing an accident. The driver must adopt a clean driving style, through which he always tries to avoid heavy contact with other drivers and the barriers. RaceDepartment leagues are meant for clean and competitive races, not for junkyard wars.
6.3 Overtaking and defending
Passing an opponent is harder than it looks and often results in tears. Therefore RaceDepartment uses some basic rules to prevent accidents.
A) Overtaking means going past someone, not through him. Drivers are not allowed to push cars out of the way in order to overtake them. Though contact may not always be inevitable, it may not act as the means to make the pass.
B) A driver can only attempt a pass when there is room for it and when the chance is reasonably high that it becomes successful, without heavy contact. On road courses this means that the overtaking car must be able to get a significant overlap with the defending car before they get to the turn-in point of a corner. (For example: When the attacking car's frontwheels are at the same position as the defending car's rear wheels. The attacking car can overtake claim and position on the inside corner.) On ovals any bit of overlap is enough to claim space.
C) The defending driver is allowed to defend his position by changing lines once per straight. As soon as the overtaking car has overlap on the straight the defending driver can only use the width of the track between the overtaking car on the one side and the track boundary on the other side to move in, without applying physical force to widen it.

Last edited:
Yeah there is an exporter, a feature taken from rFactor...the quality will be crap though and exporting takes a while. :p

Just download OBS maybe? (Open Broadcaster Software).

I've actually clicked export...

...a few hours ago.

It's as exciting as watching paint dry, and even that happens faster. Smashing.

I've got more league races during the week, not to mention work. So I probably won't be able to study video capturing:(

I've actually clicked export...

...a few hours ago.

It's as exciting as watching paint dry, and even that happens faster. Smashing.

I've got more league races during the week, not to mention work. So I probably won't be able to study video capturing:(
OBS is very simple tho. I can guide you through it if you liked. :)

I did file detailed reports for incidents that put me back...
And I also did continue pushing after I had been put on my roof in Div1-R2-L1-T2 due to multiple drivers not giving a crap about risk and pushing over the limits in the middle of a mass-accident just for positions. Because you win races in the first turns of a race... :O_o:
A "small" loss of around 15 positions and a "few" additional seconds until I got reset and been able to rejoin the track with a badly beaten up car. And came up to P19 with P17 in a second's reach. :cool:
But I'm here in RD for some clean racing, not for destruction derby style of rampage. And if putting 32 incidents on the table of the reviewers is the way to get the issue of unfair and sloppy driving noticed, then I'll do it, and so did it already in an official report.

How come that around 15-20 drivers out of the 30 in Div 1 can battle clean, use some tactical positioning and push the nerves, but not the other's car? How come that the some good, fair and kind guys that have waaay more history with RD have already left the championship due to the "golden rules" of clean racing are being thrown in a corner by a subset of drivers just for a few meaningless points in the standings?

Just to refresh some knowledge about what the people here signed up for:

Maybe division 1 was rougher than 2 and I agree that your situation need revision, but to share the video of all incident with each other to complaint and make report, I must disagree with you as mention in my earlier post. For your personnal use, it is ok not to post.

After a dissapointing first round and a fairly good 2nd round for me, finally a longer track to visit this time, off to Japan, looking forward to that one.

Talked to my enigneers to see where we can gain a little advantage and surprisingly they are actually going to build in a brand new 6th gear which should do the trick... :cool:

I went though my replays and it was all cleaner than I imagined it being while things happened. Except for a couple of incidents I was quilty of. More than anything I was upset at myself for my poor driving as I should know better. I think that filtered things to look worse in my eyes last night :D

Anyway... banzai Kansai!

I wonder what happened to the pre-race intro and post race write ups that you had for the v8 stock cars .....I found that interesting :)

Alright Guys. Better late than never;), Race2 is now online.
Enjoy!:)
Thanks a lot Davy! Too bad a few minutes are missing from the final laps and also from after the finish. :(

(yeah, I mainly miss the part where the commentators notice in shock that I managed to get in 19th after being upside-down in the first lap :whistling:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back