2015 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance for the reason you just described yourself :) Nerves of steel (or big balls) are needed this year :) Should all add to the excitement and strategy. You can opt to go full out with the risk of making a fatal mistake or drive on 75% and put in a banker lap and gamble that you are safe, or you can go somewhere in between.

For us outsiders it will be super interesting to read afterwards which strategy was picked and who eventually made the right choice.

Looking forward to it :)

Understood Bram , one lap then flat out for me of course the time will be considered a bankers lap time for others :cool:

PS : Are there any "big balls" for rental :roflmao:

Last edited:
For the window textures, I know there can be no change/move of sponsor, numbers and names, but can be the white sunstrip extended forward and tucked underneath the numbers?

I do have a suggestion. Hows about you allow the drivers on the hot lap to use headlights to make it easier to stay out of their way and not to impede as much on their lap time??

Important line in the .veh file is Description="Marcas: .....
don't rename Marcas because that refers to the FFB.

I was pretty sure i copied the whole file from one of the original Toyotas and only changed driver names, etc... But I'll confirm tonight; thanks for the tip!

EDIT: I did change Marcas to RDTCC on that line. Thanks again, all good now that it was changed back!

Last edited:
Hey @Bram , i have just been assigned some trips from work and looking at the dates i will have to miss 4 maybe 5 of the races because i will be returning from those trips late on Saturdays, i would like to drop out if its not a problem since i wont make half of the races.

Sorry for the hassle!

This thread's for car liveries, but what about helmets?

I got someone to paint my car, but helmet's still open... :p

Not a chance for the reason you just described yourself :) Nerves of steel (or big balls) are needed this year :) Should all add to the excitement and strategy. You can opt to go full out with the risk of making a fatal mistake or drive on 75% and put in a banker lap and gamble that you are safe, or you can go somewhere in between.

Well, not that I disagree with the sentiment that it'll add excitement, but one thing does concern me.
It's not exactly newcomer-friendly.
Noobs (such as myself) are slow to begin with, and thus far less likely to get a fast lap in the first place.
Add to that the fact that we're far more likely to make a mistake on the hot-lap, and the chances of getting in decrease rapidly.

Now, you could argue that a newcomer isn't going to win in the first place, so who better to place on the reserve-list.
Which is true to a point, but....
Well, speaking for myself, I KNOW I'm not going to win anything. Hell, if I make it onto Server 1, that will be seen (at least by myself) as a monumental achievement to be properly celebrated with free booze, a ticker-tape parade and my own personal grid-girl for the duration of the tournament. :D
And I'm fine with that. I'm in it for the experience. But an error on the pre-qualy hot-lap might rob me of that experience.

I fully realize that the rules aren't going to be changed at this point, but if super-pole is to be used in the future for this sort of thing, might I suggest a small change?
If you cut the track during the hot-lap, you don't get sent to the reserve-list.
Instead you're automatically relegated to Server 2, and whoever leads the Server 2 field are promoted to Server 1.
That way, the people who push a little too hard to gain a position are still penalized, while the guys who know they belong on Server 2 anyway can breathe a little easier.

Just a thought,
Lars

Driver Name: Jim Nobbs
Nationality: English
Team Name: Drive the Train
Preferred Number 1: 64
Preferred Number 2: 65
Skin: #1
Custom Skin Brand: Mitsubishi Lancer
Custom Rims Color: Black

A heads up. I do shift work and have already looked to see if I can make all of the races. Unfortunately 2 of the races I can not make and I am also working whilst the Pre-Qualys are going on so I won't be able to put in a lap and will be at the bottom of the reserves.

I am happy to be a reserve and hope to pick up a race or two when I can.

If any of the above is a problem then please do not sign me up. It is not a problem just let me know :D

Thanks

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back