2012 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
eeeeeew Nascar, only time I even wake up to that is when I see something about Danika Patrick and thats it, after that is just rednecks trying to get their moonshine after 300 miles of wasting fossil fuels, which the sport isnt helping american economy one bit, they are just making people in the south here much fatter with all the money they get to buy their country fried stake.

Oh well, I'm happy I'm able to enjoy racing in the most forms when it is cars. NASCAR, Endurance, formula cars, touringcars, rally, rallycross Doesn't matter. Only thing I'm somewhat struggling to enjoy is silhouette-racing, and the Global RX, which I think is more x-games than rallycross :)

What's up with wanting a gazillion overtakes all the time !?!?!?!?! You're all whores ! No wait, it's insulting whores actually...

I'd rather get a strong race with a few strong overtakes than a "race" butchered by a million of artificial overtakes.

Just you calm down there and think before you post. I said there were few overtakes in the junior formulas, which are usually full of them, which is a bad omen for the F1 race. Don't see how calling me a "whore" has anything to do with what I said.
Also, when did I once mention artificial overtakes?
If don't watch F1 just for the overtakes, but it is a high priorety for me. If there's no point in overtakes then why don't we just watch 70laps behind a safety car then?
I don't want a "gazillion" overtakes - nice - I just want a good race with a good amount of overtakes, 70laps of no overtaking will just be boring IMO.

Just you calm down there and think before you post. I said there were few overtakes in the junior formulas, which are usually full of them, which is a bad omen for the F1 race. Don't see how calling me a "whore" has anything to do with what I said.
If don't watch F1 just for the overtakes, but it is a high priorety for me. If there's no point in overtakes then why don't we just watch 70laps behind a safety car then?
I don't want a "gazillion" overtakes - nice - I just want a good race with a good amount of overtakes, 70laps of no overtaking will just be boring IMO.

I get what you're saying. I don't like Monaco either because it's like it's designed for no overtakes. The point is, most other tracks have overtaking opportunities, Monaco doesn't. Doesn't matter what the history is - the truth is, it doesn't lend itself to good racing.

I have to say that the commentators for F1 and NASCAR are miles apart.

One time when i watched a race and the green flag was dropped the commentator said this,
Boogity!!,Boogity!!,Boogity!! Let´s go racing you bunch of HOTDOGS!!!

Now can you imagine hearing David Croft say that as the red lights go out? :)
It´s just a different world all together ;)

It is. But damn, even though I don't really like USA, they really know how to make a show out of it!
And I guess you also know where the boogity boogity boogity: Let's go racing *insert what fits for that race* are from :)

Darrel Waltrip :) He used to get that boogity by his teamboss (or spotter, or something like that) when he was racing. He took it to the commentator booth. So all the races he is commentating, starts like that!

This weekend I guess it will be "let's go racing for the heroes" or something like that.

I wasn't being serious though :rolleyes:

But, it does annoy me that obsession with overtakes, guess why we have that crap DRS now ? Instead of just taking out a few hundred pounds of downforce, and adding a (safe) ground effect system, they decided to give us something that basically ressembles Fast and Furious racing where your beloved nitrous (or DRS in F1's case) makes you invincible :(

I wasn't being serious though :rolleyes:

But, it does annoy me that obsession with overtakes, guess why we have that crap DRS now ? Instead of just taking out a few hundred pounds of downforce, and adding a (safe) ground effect system, they decided to give us something that basically ressembles Fast and Furious racing where your beloved nitrous (or DRS in F1's case) makes you invincible :(

Most of us are just calling for natural overtakes. I never had a problem with F1 before DRS. Look at China and Malaysia, how many overtakes were there in zones not even close to DRS? Too many to remember, and it was awesome.

Unfortunately, Monaco doesn't give you much of those possibilities. The track is awesome to drive though - in sims anyway :p. And onboard laps are awesome to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back