2011 Nations Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, I'll be happy to race SPA for Team America. I would love to do at least one practice with a couple of cars on the track and I need to know exactly what the starting times are (including Q) so I can make sure to make it and not screw up the time zones. I Have done it more than once before and I'd hate to do it again.

I Have a nice time zone calculator I can refer to so a GMT time would work, or a PST time if any of you feels mathematically inclined.

As far as the other tracks, I know Brands pretty well, but the NKpro version is a derivative of the rFactor/GTR2, while I am used to the iRacing version which being laser scanned is actually the closest to reality.

T1 especially has a lot less negative camber in RL than on the rFactor version (and I assume the NKpro version). The other turns also have a bit more radius than what I am used to, which means I usually tend to overbrake. The same happens to me at SPA, by the way.

In the iRacing version you really Have to decelerate heavily to make the turns while on the NKpro version you can take them a lot faster.

Another thing I noticed is that there may be 2 version of SPA floating around. I may be wrong, but I thought I saw a mention of SPA 2010 somewhere. If that's the case, the final chicane would be very different. What version are we using? Is there a repo where I can go get the same tracks used in the league?

Anyway, if anyone is planning to practice SPA on pacific time evenings, give me a holler. In fact, anyone that wants to get in touch with me for sure and for any reason, PM me and I'll give you my cellphone number so you can text me if you need me to know something quickly.

In the last few days, my workload has increased a great deal and I need to be careful to Have the time to practice. At least until I get a handle on all my new clients/projects.

Thanks again.

Maybe Corrado will be a speed demon like Kamran and we'll wind up in the top three nations!

I don't know how fast Kamran is, but I can almost assure you that I am no speed demon :(

But I do win a race from time to time and in this season in iRacing I Have a lot of podium and top 5 finishes. But I think it's more due to the really fast guys taking themselves out of the race than any innate speed I may have, I am afraid.
At iRacing I am currently in the top 5 of Division 5, almost the very definition of "middle of the pack".

Well, that's pretty much me as well. I'm able to compete well if I know the track well, in part at least, like you, by racing carefully and staying on the track while others drive 10/10 and go off. :) I'll drive Brands, as I know the NKP version of the track well.

We need to hear from Kamran about Mugello vs. Interlagos, but it sounds from your private message to me that Interlagos is more comfortable to you.

The races are at 20:00 GMT, which should be 5:00 pm your time now, I think. 30 minutes of practice followed by 30 minutes of qualifying, so the race starts at 21:00 GMT, 6:00 pm your time. 20 laps should make it about a 40 minute race, right?

The Spa we are using is here: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/netkar-pro-tracks-79/spa-francorchamps-for-netkar-pro-2240/

All the tracks we're using are in this thread: http://www.racedepartment.com/netkar-pro-leagues/44759-ngp-s4-intro-info-start-here.html

Skins are here: http://www.racedepartment.com/netkar-pro-leagues/44762-ngp-s4-skins-liveries.html

I'm pretty booked through tomorrow, but hope to do the Osella race at Aosta-Gsport at 3:00 tomorrow. I can probably do some practice with you at Spa on the weekend if we can find the right Spa on a server. I don't know how to host.

I'm fine with doing Mugello. I don't know how to host a server either but would love to do some testing and get on TS with you guys this week.

Being able to finish consistently and not getting into any sort of trouble is what's going to get us far in this championship. :)

Okay, I've updated the initial post to reflect the changes in the schedule. If we can find a server wit Spa this weekend, then we can get on and practice together. I've got a TS server we can use. Let me know what times work for everyone.

Ciao Marco, e grazie per il sostegno.:thanks:

Riguardavo il calendario, e mi chiedevo chi correrà a Brands Hatch.
Sarà l'esordio di Alessandro, o inizio ad allenarmi ora in previsione del poco tempo a disposizione nelle prossime settimane?:hammer:

Kamran, I'm pretty good at setups in P&G, but fairly useless in nkp and this KS2. Very different. I wonder if you might have time to work up a solid and stable base setup for Brands? Or even for Spa as well for Corrado if he's interested. If you don't have the time, no problem. I'm reading the setup guide and will try my hand at it a bit more anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back