2011 Nations Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i did everything perfectly, as best as i could, given my limited hability. I was leading by several seconds in the last lap, and when i was driving behind a backmarker, beeing careful not to do something stupid, somehow i suddenly "hit a wall" !!! Of course, he must have got lag at that instant and i was "lucky" enough to be right behind, even though, several meters... I had no trouble with lag, the whole race passing backmarkers, just that moment!
I thank my incredible luck once again, i am truly blessed... NOT !!!! :(((

some feedback and comments.

1st of all, this afternoon i could see the skin of Paul. But after the changing on the server his car turned red again. Other skins no problems.

During qualifiyng a set my new personal record. yeah.

Race.

Strange thing occurred after that i had what we called a racing accident. no problem. but its hard to see when driving on that speed.

Anyway decided to wait, but think the other driver did it too. again let him pass me, and he had some repair to do. So i followed him and then he spun off again.

so decided to go for pit and was followed to the pit. We both make in the pitlane to the pitbox for repair.
Then i wait for him to pass me.

This all went very quick and we were all in the same lap. But after that, strangly, i had already 2 laps behind. (i could imagine it should be one)

Then after a while its hard to see who was following me. was it my sparring mate at that time? But then suddenly i got blue flags.
So i moved aside.

Further i had some fast driving to do and lost my concentration thinking about what was happened. Better not to do such things in these cars.

Finishing 5th.

Liked it very much and i have to work on a new setup.

Very bad start for me, sorry to the guys behind.

Driving behind Alessandro for a while, and he started lagging. Suddenly appeared right in front of me. Scary. Luckily, he moved further away a second later, no contacts there. But he spun in the downhill left corner, after the chicanes. I didn't notice any contact on my end, but if there was one, apologies.

Was behind Freddie after that. I'm having trouble passing with classic cars in GTL :D, so it was virtually impossible for me to do anything in this monster. Was right behind him as we entered those fast, long, flat out corners. He had to slow down, to not go wide I guess, and I was going flat out through there, ran into his side, and punted him off track. Damage for both of us :sorry:

One more incident later. Came upon Abdulhaq spinning near the pit entry. Blind crest, 5th gear flat out, couldn't really see him -> crash. Sorry, I don't think I could've done anything there.

Obrigado Sérgio.

Bom, lá fiz a sessão:
Pole-position, com uma folga de umas décimas.
Corrida, fiquei em 3º, liderei de ponta a.. até à ultima volta, momento em que um carro atrasado de repente e sem aviso se torna num muro no meio da pista. É assim o lag :((( não pude fazer nada, é q nem houve qq indicio que ele ia ter aquele lag/break. A corrida inteira passei montes de carros e sem qq problema... Enfim... Só espero q o novo patch saia rápido!

This was a very interresting race; I had a qualified as no. 4 and stayed behind no. 3 taking no changes with the first chicane. Besems and I had a little contact in first chicane. I had damaged my left rear suspension at this incident but disided to ignore it. After first lap some of the guys who had a repair was in front of me for a little while and cost me some time (no problem thats racing :) ) it then took me a little while to make contact with Paul H. due to - I think he perhaps went off the track an and lost a few seconds. The rest of the race was me trying to pass Paul H. Witout crashing us both hehe. I couldnt do that Paul H. was an eminet driver and made no mistakes but this was good racing I think.
I saw no problems with lagging.
A very nice experince :)

started 3rd with a pb. 1st few laps were ok staying in touch with 1st and 2nd. but on about the 3rd lap or so caught the Italy car in the fast esses and started to see him lagging left and right.I tried to go around the inside but had massive contact - car went about 50 feet in the air..lol.
I made a few mistakes after that as my concentration was gone. netcode is an issue i think as I tried to stay with Paul as he lapped me on the last lap, but again in the fast esses he lagged abit and I ran wide onto the curbs and game over. Still, a test race is just that, and we learnt a few things I guess.

Well, i did everything perfectly, as best as i could, given my limited hability. I was leading by several seconds in the last lap, and when i was driving behind a backmarker, beeing careful not to do something stupid, somehow i suddenly "hit a wall" !!! Of course, he must have got lag at that instant and i was "lucky" enough to be right behind, even though, several meters... I had no trouble with lag, the whole race passing backmarkers, just that moment!
I thank my incredible luck once again, i am truly blessed... NOT !!!! :(((

That's shame Cesar, but still, very well done, better luck next time!

One more incident later. Came upon Abdulhaq spinning near the pit entry. Blind crest, 5th gear flat out, couldn't really see him -> crash. Sorry, I don't think I could've done anything there.

Don't be, I'm the one who's sorry. I hate the second last turn, I always spin/go wide there. When I finally got the car under control, I saw you in the mirror and thought for a second which way is the safest to go out of the track. I choose right and bang! Sorry again.

Thx Sérgio.
By the way, congratulations to all and especially to the 1st and 2nd, very nice pace, with no errors, as far as i could tell...
As for the skins, i don't remember any problems.

Thanks Ferrolho! You you did some very fast and perfect racing jst. some times things dont' turn up the way you want :/

My race was very funny...

The driver for this evening event was Alessandro, but just come back home, i've seen his help request for a substitute into our team chat.

I'm entered on server at 1 minute befor the end of qualy, without a setup, and no idea about run, fuel amount, etc. Alessandro was there but i decide to run anyway, cause free slots

Started last with default setup, 27 liters of fuel (sic), and wrong skin...rush isn't a good councillor :eek:

After some laps on 4th position i was touched from the Daniel Ouff car, involved itself with my laggin mate Alessandro: restart from box fixing damage (by the way:no full mode?), without realize was out of fuel...:wink:

One more lap,then pit again, and complete the disaster refueling full tank (77 liters)
at 12 laps to go....:poop:

In this condition a 4th place 1 lap down isn't so bad....:yin-yang:

Congrats to Cesar Ferrolho fast and unlucky hero of the race,
but compliments to Paul Hamwa too, the winner, surely not slower :musical-note:

@Ebdullhaq: have you save the replay? You can go on Document/nKpro/Replay folder, and rename the file "cr" as you like, with extension ".nkr" :)

che ci dici sui pit ?
Premesso che con la Ks2 non ho esperienza sui lunghi stint,
dalla gara di stasera, però credo di poter dire che si possa completare tutta
la sessione con un treno di gomme.

Tra l'altro la strategia del pit in gara partendo scarichi non mi sembra proprio che paghi, per cui....

Mi riservo comunque di effettuare qualche test nei prox giorni :)

An hour, before beginning the official test, I verified that it was not appearing in my list of servers of racedeartment, did refresh infinity of times without results. With posteriority to the race the server appeared again. Can anybody explain to me to which it owes?

Phil and Kamran sorry!!! An hour, before beginning the official test, I verified that it was not appearing in my list of servers of racedeartment, did refresh infinity of times without results. With posteriority to the race the server appeared again. I practised very much for this race, regrettably it could not be for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back