2011 | 24 Hours of Nordschleife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me what rF Monitor is used for and how it works? Is it for commentators to watch the race?

Here have a look
You can tell your driver nearly all times and you see the cars as squares and tell the drivers whre the driver behind is

Why it isnt used?
I think it would be very important for the teams to help the drivers, especially on the Nordschleife.

I ve driven the 24h de la Sarthe on Sim-racing.org

Please think about that

Here have a look
You can tell your driver nearly all times and you see the cars as squares and tell the drivers whre the driver behind is

Why it isnt used?
I think it would be very important for the teams to help the drivers, especially on the Nordschleife.

I ve driven the 24h de la Sarthe on Sim-racing.org

Please think about that

We will be using livetiming, the same we used with the RDLMS. It also provides this kind of information :)

Have a look here

Extras also usually include the different rims as I'm sure you know, and looking at the rules in my view I would say that those are included as well ? However not 100% as it's a bit vaguely written, but it would be a shame if the people weren't allowed to have 'customized' rims.

Maybe Remco or Martin can shed some brighter light on this? :)

As mentioned a few post back, we have to keep the size of the skins limited. Maybe to put it in other words, we only expect you will send a skinfolder which include:

body.dds
window.dds
Myteam.veh

As mentioned in the skinning thread, there are some templates that uses an extra.dds for sidemirrors and some other stuff. That is the only 3rd .dds file approved for a skin as it is part of the body of the car.
So yes we will use the standard rims, driversuit, helmets etc.

Some will be disappointed with this but we rather see 52 cars with standard rims driving around nicely instead of 52 very cool detailed awesome painted cars with matching rims, suits etc and a lot of troubles during the event.
The priority lays with the first option ;)

We will be using livetiming, the same we used with the RDLMS. It also provides this kind of information :)

Have a look here

i ve had liveracers too and i know it but for a long race is rF Monitor more better than liveracers.
You only can see times in liveracers and not which line the car is on.
You get better information about how meters the car is on and talk as a spotter.
I think it would be very great for a lot of drivers.

i ve had liveracers too and i know it but for a long race is rF Monitor more better than liveracers.
You only can see times in liveracers and not which line the car is on.
You get better information about how meters the car is on and talk as a spotter.
I think it would be very great for a lot of drivers.

The information shown on Livetiming is still very much of value to inform drivers and make them aware of the situation At the moment your driver knows the situation then he should be able to take care of the things happening around him :)

Livetiming by Liveracers is what we will use with this event, we will stick to the tool that is working and is used before.

I dont recommend trying to "spot" for a driver based on what is 5 meters around him... Unless he is retarded he should be able to see for him self. Liveracers is fine, just let your driver know roughly where everyone is, who is pitting, what traffic to expect, what more do you need? Any more up to date and you may as well drive the car yourself instead of screaming instructions into his ear.:D

I dont recommend trying to "spot" for a driver based on what is 5 meters around him... Unless he is retarded he should be able to see for him self. Liveracers is fine, just let your driver know roughly where everyone is, who is pitting, what traffic to expect, what more do you need? Any more up to date and you may as well drive the car yourself instead of screaming instructions into his ear.:D

Or just shut up and let the driver concentrate and only speak when they need to;)

briefingtestrace.jpg

Schedule
* Times in GMT
19:30: Official Practice - 60 Minutes
20:30: Qualification - 30 Minutes, mixed classes
21:00: Warm-up - 5 Minutes
21:05: Race - 90 Minutes

Server rules
You need to be in the server 10 minutes before the qualification starts, once in the server, stay in the server!
Do not jump in and out of the server during qualy and warm-up.

Chatting during qualification and the race is stricktly prohibited.

Race Start:
This race will feature a single file manual rolling start on the SHORT GP. When the lights go out, drivers should slowly start their formation lap. It is the responsibility of each class leader to leave a sensible gap to the class in front of them and not exceed 130kph.
The formation lap is strictly single file with no overtaking. If you spin or lose control and find yourself out of position, please wait for the rest of your class to pass and join the back of the line. DO NOT try to make your way through the field to get back to your original position.
Drivers may weave on the formation but must do so with caution.
The race starts at the exit of the last corner going onto the straight and there is to be no overtaking before the start/finish line. You must stay on the left side of the cones in the last corner!
Before the start, each class leader must try his/her best to ensure his/her class is stuck together, he/she may then maintain a steady speed until they reach the exit of the last corner where they can proceed at full race speed.
Drivers may chose to start the race from the pit lane but must wait for the green light. When they receive the green light they may join the back of the field, they are not allowed to overtake anyone until the formation lap has finished.

Pit Stops:
During the race, teams are allowed to perform one or more driver swaps.
You must complete your lap of the old ring and then do one lap of the short GP circuit and pit in at the end of the short GP lap, once you have completed you lap, you then do a complete lap of the whole circuit, do not do another short lap otherwise you will loose a lap as it will penalise you for cutting.

Formation lap and pit entry/exit
briefingformationpitnor.jpg

briefingexitpit.jpg

Driver/Team Checklist:
-You are a Licensed RD Member
-Removed high risk plugins (rFdynahud, Leos, TV Style etc)
-DO NOT RUN OPPONENT OR TEXTURE DETAIL LEVEL ON FULL - IT WILL LEAD TO RUN TIME ERRORS FOR YOU AND OTHERS

Please note: WHEN YOU ARE LAPPING A CAR, ONLY FLASH YOUR LIGHTS ONCE! There is no need to flash multiple times.

I need all team owners to contact me by PM to confirm their participation for the mandatory official test race.

Please could all drivers get in contact with their team owners to get them to send me a message to confirm your entry.

The deadline for participation is Sunday the 11th of March, a list will be updated here:

GT1
DSC Motorsports - #3
SimRace Vereniging Nederland 1 - #98
Downforce Racing - #89
Rare Endurance Team - #13
ME Racing - #2
05 Motorsport - #5
R4R Motorsport - #4
SiMCO Dream Team - #87
SimracingPL raceBoard Team 1 - #60
SimracingPL raceBoard Team 2 - #70
Online-Simracing.de - #59