2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of works for the judges?

You allowed to go wide in T1

Then the rules are ALWAYS 2 WHEELS AT THE TRACK.

But I saw many drivers go wide to the wrong side of the curvs (to the green field) with all the wheels when they exit turns.

I think it gone a be plenty of work for the judges here, or are you gone allow that to?

You allowed to go wide in T1

Then the rules are ALWAYS 2 WHEELS AT THE TRACK.

But I saw many drivers go wide to the wrong side of the curvs (to the green field) with all the wheels when they exit turns.

I think it gone a be plenty of work for the judges here, or are you gone allow that to?
You can go as wide as you want on the T1 exit, as long as you stay off the grass and gravel (who would want to go there anyway :)).

I've made 8 laps in total with a 1.41.2 as result. No need for me to dig in deeper into this track because i wont be here this weekend for the races.

I hope you guys have a good pair of races this weekend!

• Niklas Hjelm

1.41.8xx so far. I'm aiming for a 1.40.xxx. It could be posible with some tweaking of the car. I think G1 will be hard to reach this time, but we'll see.

I've made 8 laps in total with a 1.41.2 as result. No need for me to dig in deeper into this track because i wont be here this weekend for the races.

I hope you guys have a good pair of races this weekend!

can i have your lap time bram... i think it loves me... :p

Managed a 1:42:101 this far, kept doing constant 1:42:2xx's and i couldn't get it quicker lol.

Only time i did go quicker i messed up the rest of the lap which meant instead of the possible 1:41:8xx i could have got i got the lap time above^

Valencia is a bit of an oddity due to the way the curbs are laid out; the two-wheel rule still applies 100% for apex curbs, but not so much for exit curbs; it's a bit of a grey area. That said, running along the full length of a mini-straight on a long exit curb is a no-no, in my view. Aim for the normal two-wheel rule as Atti says, but if you do use a lot of curb then you should aim to wrestle the car back to the black stuff immediately.

That's my view anyway. Another exception of note is Paddock Hill Bend at Brands Hatch, but other than that and Valencia I can't really think of any other places that the two-wheel rule has any alternative interpretations.

Certainly there is no doubt about apex curbs anywhere; it's either two wheels or no wheels.

disclaimer: this is just my personal view, not that of the wider administration - rest assured that the staff certainly look into such things, though.

It's the ideal line, so you're safe to go there. As long as you do not bump off people exiting the pitlane.
Ok, then I'll have to re-train myself as I thought the cardinal rule was to "stay between the white lines"
League Regulations 2008 V1.01 said:
49. The track is the tarmac between the (white or yellow) lines and the curb stones.
Grass, sand- and gravel traps and tarmac behind the lines are not considered part of the
track.
:thumb:
Kind regards,
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back