2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Race 2 and I was 3rd on the grid. Got a good start but a beemer behind me had an even better one and decided to rocket straight through the field and stopping me making up a place ( damn those beemers are quick off the line :p ).
That would be me :becky: Even I were shocked by that start... and to really rub it in, I managed to shoot off the line in both of the races :yo:

General note about the event:
1. As several people already have written, there seamed to be some persons in the race that took "a unusual racing line" at more than one instance. I saw at least two persons doing it in a systematic and regular fashion as well.

2. This was one rough race, a few persons most have forgotten the rules and the RD policy over the summer break

I won't make any official protests as I'm sure that the race directors are already aware of these individuals and will make appropriate actions against them.

Let's hope, and work for, a cleaner race the next round :amen:

Kind regards,
Karl

My races were shockingly poor.

Race 1 - Suspension damage that effected me particularly at high speed.

Race 2 - Suspension damage, pushed too hard hit barrier and lost the splitter. Tried to repair but due to my computer crashing on Thursday, i forgot to re-assign the pit controls, so i couldn't repair. While being lapped i went of the road again.

Truly awful for me and i apologise to anyone i got in the way of.

Fairly happy with how my night went.

Qualy: I suck with set-ups when it comes to finding a balance, so all I expected here was to be somewhere towards the back.

Race 1: Made a good start from 12th and got up into 9th out of turn one. Had a nice little battle with Seb Bortoli. There was a little scuffle before the McDonalds turns, which led me to lock my brakes and run wide as I approached it. As I rejoined Eck tried to have a look on my outside as we approached McDonalds. I tried to be fair and give him a little space, but not the place and ended up with him going off. Finished off the race cruising around in 9th with a decent enough lead not to risk anything. Not that any points were at stake, little scrap with Trotin was enjoyable while it lasted.

Race 2: Another good start. Made up a couple of places, but got boxed in at turn one and ended up losing out. Made the most of other peoples mistakes to get up as high as 6th at one point, until mistakes of my own and a scrape with Mirlaud early on knocked me back. I was able to close on and stay close to Eckhart and unfortunately shunted him through turn 3 after he caught me by suprise being slow out of the turn. I decided not to take advantage and stay behind him as he got back up to speed. I was able to maintain a reasonable pace beind him, just not enough to mount much more of a challange. While coasting in to 7th place, I thought to myself just keep it clean and bring it home for some points. Sods law I made a mistake and this let Bortoli back on my tail once again. Again I enjoyed this little battle we had for a couple of laps, until he made a move into turn one and outbraked himself, giving me breathing space to secure 7th and my first points in my first weekend of WTCC.
yes rich i have good time fighting with you,hope have more chance on next round:)

Tonight is bad luck in my life.:lol:
Qualify 1.35"072 P3 Start

Race 1
all M8 wait me. because i go to toilet.......sorry for that!
good strat! but some contact in first corner.Suspension had problem.i keep in P4.
finsh 4 laps, i made a big mistake in the quick corner.:frusty:
many M8 can't fend.i want to said" is my wrong!very very big sorry for that"
finally my vehicle breakdown on track. can't finish this race:yield:

Race 2
P23 strat
Good strat again! i quickly pass two vehicle but seconds later.....
I just see a vehicle stop in my Front.
After my vehicle turned over in sky.:plane:
strat few seconds i was engine problem. bad news for me:doh:
finally P11 finish.
I had very happy tonight.i enjoy that.
many thanks m8 fair to race.:grouphug:
just to be out of luck.
congrats the winner:thumb:
see u everyone in next round.

Remind: I working busy on this month.:frusty: Can't made movie for this race, Sorry Group2 M8!:sorry:
Yes,me too busy on working,bro:thumb:

Thank you all, I am very happy with my two races, you might well!

Thank you all for fair play, I spent a very pleasant time in this round, to get my first two victories on a chmapionnat RD!

A little thought Michael would have won both races if there had been no problem!

Bravo to the member of the TeamGG!

Race 1:
Got a good start and was third the first 2-3 laps. Then the two in front of me had some contact and I got the lead. Was able to hold it and even extend the lead without pressing the car too much. But lack of concentration in lap 10 send me right into the wall before the secound last turn and the car died. Not the best result and was quite angry on myself for not staying focused.

Race 2:
Started second last (something like 20 or 21). Managed to drive up till around P5-6 and was pressing Oliver Amos the last laps. As he said he made a little driving mistake and I could not avoid him because I was to close to him. We both lose 2 places I think. As he said he very generously tried to brake before the finish line, but luckily I managed to stay behind him. As said in the chat it was not your fault Oliver, I was pressing hard and we were having a great fight. It was just a racing incident and no need to give me your place. It was well deserved and you were driving very good and fair :thumb:

• Chris Noble

I will submit my race report today if thats ok, been away at the DTM this weekend so havent had a chance to watch replays etc.

Race 2:
In T1 I pushed P Madsen little, but I let him pass me again. When we entring T3 Rosario is standing in the middle of the track. I can pass him at the inside, but just when I´m going for that Rosario turned over to the line and I hit him hard and sent him to the gravel. My car didnt felt well after the hit, It was hard to steer.
At lap 7 I crashed out , lost 5 places , 17 place

It can´t go worst next time

cu Kent
Sorry Kent!!!
Tomas Lee push me at the back, so i stopped in the middle of the track, and i want to start again, we have a accident......sorry for that KENT!

• Chris Noble

Quali:

Was doing very well in practice managing to come close to my pre-quali time putting me top of the timesheet :), Went to quali and managed to beat my pre-quali time by a couple of tenths to claim pole position.

Race 1:

Got bogged down at the start and combined with the lightening BMW's but managed to hold onto 2nd coming out of turn 2 :) was right behind Chau Chou Lo in his Seat Leon and stayed on his bumper for a couple of laps, then turn 2 managed to get a tight line in and pass him to take the lead.
Unfortunately made a mistake at the 2nd chicane giving him back the lead.
Caught right back up and took a lot more speed through the fast turns 4 and 5 but clipped the Chau Chou Lo's rear wheel which sent him onto the grass, but he didnt lose any positions after abit of rallycross style driving to hold onto 2nd place.
Caught up with Giberto Estorninho in his BMW who was leaving lovely big gaps on his entry to his turns, so I stuck my nose into one and he closed the door spinning him round, but I waited for him and let him carry on. This let Nigel past us. Gilberto caught up with Nigel and spun his car under braking (too much rear brake bias) into turn 1 taking Nigel out and carrying on. Finished 5th in the end :( was hoping for the win!

Race 2:
Started 4th and got a much better start, not losing out to the BMW's this time! 2 guys up front had a tangle slowing them down so I could pass and was catching up with Nigel coming up to the 2nd chicane when his car just stopped! putting me in the lead. Next lap round saw his car in the gravel there? odd one that, but sounds like PC problem. Maintained a gap of around 2 secs for most of the rasce from Chau Chou Lo with it extending to 3.5 secs at the race finish which I won!
My first RaceDepartment.com victory :)

See you all next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Where are you racing next?

• iRacing

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • LFM

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • SimGrid

Votes: 0 0.0%