Misc 

• Thread starter Deleted member 147278
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The code that checks if entrant is same this year as last year, all you need to do is find the same isPlayer function and make it return false

Make sure you open F1_23 in the Cheat engine process list.

As far as im aware it appears to have been fixed whenever Codies introduced selectable tyre allocation, and changed how weekends are loaded and appears to be the same for F1 23.
So transferring before R1 should be fine now.
i tried to transfert before R1 and the game crash every time i try to load the FP3 of the first GP

• Deleted member 147278

i tried to transfert before R1 and the game crash every time i try to load the FP3 of the first GP
Strange, any particular transfers you did ?
Since I just tested with bunch of nonsensical transfers on half the grid, including a DriverID swap to get Seb back, and at least 5 Free agent transfers and still was able to progress through a 100% weekend on a fresh save.

In a way yes, the person removes the player transfer restriction i have in place to avoid questions like "save borked after i transferd myself in myteam", then transfer himself to all the teams, does RnD for them and transfers himself back to his original team.
Speaking of Ai Team's R&D, do you think if there's a way to modify the credit each team has individually?

From what I've remember back in 2020 in Driver's Career, increasing your team's credit (with Cheat Engine) will immediately lvl up the facilities, which in terms will help their R&D dramatically. I wonder if the same method could be apply to Ai's teams?

Last edited:
Speaking of Ai Team's R&D, do you think if there's a way to modify the credit each team has individually?

From what I've remember back in 2020 in Driver's Career, increasing your team's credit (with Cheat Engine) will immediately lvl up the facilities, which in terms will help their R&D dramatically. I wonder if the same method could be apply to Ai's teams?
What you say is very important! Because even if you put all the development of the AI teams, the difference with RedBull -Ferrari and MyTeam is scandalous, they have very low peaks. The final development, for example, of Williams or Aston Martin is 15% less and in Aero this is too high. impacts performance.
When I am transferred to other teams with cheat engine I add the R&D credits but also as with MyTeam I modify my "money team" and I can improve the facilities as if it were my team.

Attachments

• F1 22 (DirectX 12) 4_7_2023 2_58_00 p. m..png
    F1 22 (DirectX 12) 4_7_2023 2_58_00 p. m..png
    431.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
  • Deleted member 147278

Hey, what is the driver ID from Sebastian Vettel and Daniel Ricciardo? Or is there an f1 drivers ID list somewhere?
Seb and Ricciard should already be part of the DriverID swap list, only drivers I have removed are the Championship edition ones.

I can't seem to understand the driver editor and driver transfers. Can someone help? And sorry in advance, I am horrible at this kind of stuff. :(
I am trying to make my teammate Esteban Ocon really good, but I am also trying to get a new teammate at the end of my season, for unnecessary background.

Last edited:
This year you included even more drivers, I guess from 2017 onwards! If you manage to bring in all faces it will be massive mate, so really hoping for it.
I can't seem to understand the driver editor and driver transfers. Can someone help? And sorry in advance, I am horrible at this kind of stuff. :(
I am trying to make my teammate Esteban Ocon really good, but I am also trying to get a new teammate at the end of my season, for unnecessary background.
I think there's a tutorial from last years game, where he originally created the mod. Also check the F1 22 toolbox post and navigate through the discussion because I guess several people asked for help and it is explained how to use it. Basically it is replacing values. For transfering, go to a driver and click in "transfer byte". You will see then a list with all the drivers to replace him.

This year you included even more drivers, I guess from 2017 onwards! If you manage to bring in all faces it will be massive mate, so really hoping for it.

I think there's a tutorial from last years game, where he originally created the mod. Also check the F1 22 toolbox post and navigate through the discussion because I guess several people asked for help and it is explained how to use it. Basically it is replacing values. For transfering, go to a driver and click in "transfer byte". You will see then a list with all the drivers to replace him.
Read through all of the discussions from last year's toolbox. I still just cannot understand. I comprehend that it isn't as simple as changing the rating, but changing the growth rate of the drivers. Starting to think I am not cut out for this.

• Deleted member 147278

Read through all of the discussions from last year's toolbox. I still just cannot understand. I comprehend that it isn't as simple as changing the rating, but changing the growth rate of the drivers. Starting to think I am not cut out for this.
What exactly your struggling to understand about the rating editor ?
My best attempt at explaining it would be imagine it as a X / Y graph, where X is Career time from 0 - 1 (Season 0 - Season 10) and Y is Rating from 0 - 100 and you are plotting each 'Growth point' on that graph, at which point the game interpolates between each point to calculate the current rating while going through the Rating points you plotted when the given career time is hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 147278

This year I included every driver who's model the game attempts to load, since the rating stuff the script handles differently, so each driver can have independent rating. Think there was only like 2 other drivers who didn't have any model data so I didn't include them.
But for the pre-2021 drivers, since the model data is not fully compatible with modern ego engine, the plan is to use closest looking generic driver model with the textures of the pre-2021 driver, to hopefully serve as "good enough" replacement.

And currently I'm roughly halfway done with porting all the missing faces.

Also bit of a shoutout @Cynon for noticing that Ocon has a customization slot assigning him non-custom byte helmet, which is actually his helmet and not games 20 random design ones like it was last year, after which I did some digging around and confirmed that this year, it looks like most if not all pro-driver helmets have non-custom byte helmets, I am in process of compiling the list of them, so I can include them as a dropdown option for customization, and we no longer have to deal with the custom helmet shenanigans, tho custom helmet stuff will still remain in place for those who wish to use it, the only difference will be that you will have also ability to select non-custom pro helmets.

This year I included every driver who's model the game attempts to load, since the rating stuff the script handles differently, so each driver can have independent rating. Think there was only like 2 other drivers who didn't have any model data so I didn't include them.
But for the pre-2021 drivers, since the model data is not fully compatible with modern ego engine, the plan is to use closest looking generic driver model with the textures of the pre-2021 driver, to hopefully serve as "good enough" replacement.

Also bit of a shoutout @Cynon for noticing that Ocon has a customization slot assigning him non-custom byte helmet, which is actually his helmet and not games 20 random design ones like it was last year, after which I did some digging around and confirmed that this year, it looks like most if not all pro-driver helmets have non-custom byte helmets, I am in process of compiling the list of them, so I can include them as a dropdown option for customization, and we no longer have to deal with the custom helmet shenanigans, tho custom helmet stuff will still remain in place for those who wish to use it, the only difference will be that you will have also ability to select non-custom pro helmets.
Would this allow us to give Piastri and de Vries helmets if they move teams? Since the game has a bug where they don't have helmets usually

Wow, this is awesome; nice to know it. When I saw drivers from F1 2018 or 2017 like Ericsson or Palmer, that weren't in last year's toolbox I was really wondering if it will be possible at all to get their faces, as in games previous to F1 2019 I guess, as you said, that models looked different and may be difficult to get all faces properly, so your solution makes sense now to me. Thank you, hope you get it fine mate!

Edit: Oh, just forgot to ask something. Will it be possible at some point to edit names of the drivers so that you can change the ficticious drivers with driver names from F3 for example? For example search for a brazilian driver and change it's name to Bortoletto, or a spanish one to Pepe Martí, etc...

Last edited:
This toolbox is amazing. How did you fix the eyes on the drivers from previous games? I have been playing around with the textures and not solved it myself yet. I wanted to sort out Raikkonen and Coulthard. I know you said you'll release files down the line, but was hoping to fix it myself in the meanwhile.

• Deleted member 147278

I'm trying to tweak stuff like acclaim and stuff, I'm not too smart on all of this but I feel like this shouldn't be like this..?
Looks fine to me, maybe resize the columns so they don't overlap but otherwise just expand each drivers dropdown for their acclaim and rating stuff.
Would this allow us to give Piastri and de Vries helmets if they move teams? Since the game has a bug where they don't have helmets usually
Yes, you actually don't have to wait for a update, as you can do it already now.
Here is the helmet list I've gathered so far. Just set their custom byte to 0 and value to corresponding helmet, the only thing that the update will do is add a dropdown selection list so its in-built instead of having to look for it externally.
I do want to note that from my testing the non-custom helmets only work on non-custom teams, using them on your MyTeam driver results in them only gaining the drivers race suit and no helmet... need to investigate this more, but not on my priority list.
Can you create your own drivers? Just an random name and choosing audio name and helmets,...
Just want to create my family or old names in F1.
Wow, this is awesome; nice to know it. When I saw drivers from F1 2018 or 2017 like Ericsson or Palmer, that weren't in last year's toolbox I was really wondering if it will be possible at all to get their faces, as in games previous to F1 2019 I guess, as you said, that models looked different and may be difficult to get all faces properly, so your solution makes sense now to me. Thank you, hope you get it fine mate!

Edit: Oh, just forgot to ask something. Will it be possible at some point to edit names of the drivers so that you can change the ficticious drivers with driver names from F3 for example? For example search for a brazilian driver and change it's name to Bortoletto, or a spanish one to Pepe Martí, etc...
As I've stated in past, I have no plans for a name changer type of thing unfortunately, I'm barely getting by as is just by editing few save related values :^)
This toolbox is amazing. How did you fix the eyes on the drivers from previous games? I have been playing around with the textures and not solved it myself yet. I wanted to sort out Raikkonen and Coulthard. I know you said you'll release files down the line, but was hoping to fix it myself in the meanwhile.
The quick and dirty way of doing it is by finding a F1 23 driver who has the same eye color as the ported driver and copy their eye.material via EEA.

And lastly, hopefully the driver porting process won't take that much longer for me, but I am down to the last 12 that need driver heads from pre-2021 games. And I have potentially large update regarding as it might turn out to be possible to get their models as well, and not just the textures like I initially planned. But this all is still WIP and we will see once its done and over with.

Mate thank you for all your hard work.

Is it possible for you to add Jamie Chadwick in the Transfer list? She's technically a Free Agent in the game so she's suppose to show up on whatever you're using to make this mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 122 27.7%
  • Full game

Votes: 102 23.1%
  • CPU

Votes: 55 12.5%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 80 18.1%