Misc 

• Thread starter Deleted member 147278
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, great mod, I had a great time with it, but do you know how can i do a backup of my carreer saves? You mention it is something you recomend doing between GP weekends, but I don't know where the save files from my carreer are located at, Thabk youuuu!!!

Hey, great mod, I had a great time with it, but do you know how can i do a backup of my carreer saves? You mention it is something you recomend doing between GP weekends, but I don't know where the save files from my carreer are located at, Thabk youuuu!!!
For Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata
There is a numbered folder for your account, and then a numbered folder for your game, F1 22. The file name starts with savegame@profile#.

• Deleted member 147278

Derpish updated TyreSwap CheatTable with a new update entry:

v0.2 - Journey into Assembly

Alright, started to try to understand Assembly a lil bit, so moved the Lua swap to Assembly.

v0.2 Includes both Lua and AA injection methods, you only need to activate one of them. Moving forward I'll get rid of Lua injection, its only there now as a backup in case of AA doesn't work properly...

Fixes/Changes in v0.2 only apply to AA Injector, Lua injector is same as v0.1.2.

Anyway changelog or something along those lines:
  • Moved injection point bit further back, fixing...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Deleted member 147278

Derpish updated TyreSwap CheatTable with a new update entry:

v0.2.1 - 'Mandatory Tyre' fix

Alright AA Injection should be fine to use again.

Apologies for any messed up weekends, I did include a 'fix' in AA injection in case your weekend is affected by Medium Set 3 and Hard Set 2 being unmarked as 'Mandatory sets'.

v0.2.1 Changelog
  • Fixed AA Injection marking Race sets as not mandatory for non-sprint weekends, making it impossible to finish the race without a DSQ
  • Temporarily added a 'fix' to restore Race set 'Mandatory' flag for already affected weekends. So no...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great job, it is working fine :) I send a small thanks to your Paypall :) I did two races (Imola, Spain) in career mode and no problem - 2 sets of mediums for a race. But it looks, that one stop strategy is still favourite for AI. Your plan for create a script for custom tyre allocation sounds great! Than we can choose softer compounds for race weekend so tyres will not last so much like now, am I right?

• Deleted member 147278

Great job, it is working fine :) I send a small thanks to your Paypall :) I did two races (Imola, Spain) in career mode and no problem - 2 sets of mediums for a race. But it looks, that one stop strategy is still favourite for AI. Your plan for create a script for custom tyre allocation sounds great! Than we can choose softer compounds for race weekend so tyres will not last so much like now, am I right?
Much appreciated :thumbsup:
In regards to AI pit strategy, this mod, at least in current state isn't meant to make AI pit more. You would need a tyre wear mod for that instead, believe that @Tythor Zeth has few in his back pocket.
And I can't really comment on lower distance races as I only run 100% with ~25% increased tyre wear, tho I'm still experimenting on wear rates for my own tastes.

Instead this mod is aimed towards general allocation changes (Primarily fixing what codies messed up with not giving the player the free choice of which sets to use in P and which in Q/R like real teams can) and mainly is aimed at 100% races that lack the extra medium set, making them either M -> H or S->S->S->M without the nice middle ground of S->M->M or M->M->H like we see IRL.
And expanding it to having the allocation be different for each driver, currently seen by the "Randomizer/Chance of Swap", but once I figure out how to identify each driver it won't necessarily have to be random.

When it comes to custom allocations, the idea was more of giving the ability to create something that isn't the *2022 Pirelli Fixed* 8S/3M/2H weekends. But for that I need to research the game memory a bit more to see if it will even allow me to change the allocated amounts without spazzing out.

Can't comment about changing the actual compounds (C1,C2...) as I'm bit unaware if they are tied to the tyre storage I edit or are they separately determined for each track. ( Most likely the latter tho, which would make different compound allocations impossible ) But again, this can be kind of resolved with before mentioned tyre wear mods :p

And again I can't promise on how far this project will end up going, given my limited knowledge of CE, but the foundation is there.

In regards to AI pit strategy, this mod, at least in current state isn't meant to make AI pit more. You would need a tyre wear mod for that instead, believe that @Tythor Zeth has few in his back pocket.
And I can't really comment on lower distance races as I only run 100% with ~25% increased tyre wear, tho I'm still experimenting on wear rates for my own tastes.

Instead this mod is aimed towards general allocation changes (Primarily fixing what codies messed up with not giving the player the free choice of which sets to use in P and which in Q/R like real teams can) and mainly is aimed at 100% races that lack the extra medium set, making them either M -> H or S->S->S->M without the nice middle ground of S->M->M or M->M->H like we see IRL.
And expanding it to having the allocation be different for each driver, currently seen by the "Randomizer/Chance of Swap", but once I figure out how to identify each driver it won't necessarily have to be random.

When it comes to custom allocations, the idea was more of giving the ability to create something that isn't the *2022 Pirelli Fixed* 8S/3M/2H weekends. But for that I need to research the game memory a bit more to see if it will even allow me to change the allocated amounts without spazzing out.

Can't comment about changing the actual compounds (C1,C2...) as I'm bit unaware if they are tied to the tyre storage I edit or are they separately determined for each track. ( Most likely the latter tho, which would make different compound allocations impossible ) But again, this can be kind of resolved with before mentioned tyre wear mods :p

And again I can't promise on how far this project will end up going, given my limited knowledge of CE, but the foundation is there.
Yes, mostly I have 50% race. So your script and Tyre wear mode by Tythor Zeth should be ideal solution for me

Hi. I tried your script and tyre mode wear by @Tythor Zeth and it was great! You should mixed your works and create mod together :)
I have one question on you. How works "Chance of Swap" checkbox in AA injection? I am not sure I understant. And what will happen if I uncheck this box and apply your script? Thanks

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 147278

Hi. I tried your script and tyre mode wear by @Tythor Zeth and it was great! You should mixed your works and create mod together :)
I have one question on you. How works "Chance of Swap" checkbox in AA injection? I am not sure I understant. And what will happen if I uncheck this box and apply your script? Thanks
The tick box for non-script values does nothing, other than freeze the value in cheat engine context.
But changing the "Chance of Swap" basically is a Randomizer and it will determine the chance of that driver receiving the extra medium set for their allocation. Possibly spicing up the strategy variety ? Its more something I added for fun.
Once I can separate from AI / Player, I will have a option to disable it for the player, but right now it applies to every driver one the grid including the player.

The tick box for non-script values does nothing, other than freeze the value in cheat engine context.
But changing the "Chance of Swap" basically is a Randomizer and it will determine the chance of that driver receiving the extra medium set for their allocation. Possibly spicing up the strategy variety ? Its more something I added for fun.
Once I can separate from AI / Player, I will have a option to disable it for the player, but right now it applies to every driver one the grid including the player.
Ok. So If I want to disable this randomizer (I want to everyone have swapped M tyre to Q1) what should I do with table below?
F1 22 tyre swap.png

• Deleted member 147278

Ok. So If I want to disable this randomizer (I want to everyone have swapped M tyre to Q1) what should I do with table below?
Having the value at "Always" means its disable by default, as the tyre swap happens always :p
Double clicking the value lets you changed it to various %'s but again its off by default

Hi, I just want to report maybe not important error. I created solo GP - Imola - Authentic weeken - no practice - no quali - only sprint and race (50%). During injecting of script I got this error. But i did not notice some problem with swaping of tyre, in race I have 2 mediums.
Snímek obrazovky 2022-08-13 080838.png

• Deleted member 147278

Hi, I just want to report maybe not important error. I created solo GP - Imola - Authentic weeken - no practice - no quali - only sprint and race (50%). During injecting of script I got this error. But i did not notice some problem with swaping of tyre, in race I have 2 mediums.
I wouldn't worry about the Lua errors with "AA injection", since its only the output that craps the bed thanks to my bad output code, internally AA still does its thing fine.
Explanation of what happened here:
  • In this instance the Lua output though there was 22 driver grid instead 20, so it tried looking at the 21st drivers tyre sets, but since there is no driver 21 it just crapped the bed.
  • Also I'm fairly certain only real side effect of the Lua output erroring out is the Injection needs to be disabled manually.
If the same error had happened with 'Lua Injection' then there would have been high probably of it corrupting that weekend save, making it crash once loading past Practice 3.
I did think I managed to fix it after 0.1 with me changing how I validate the driver pointers... but guess this shows that the issue still has a chance of cropping up :^)

Thanks to my other CheatTable project, I have gotten around learning better practices when it comes to handling Lua stuff. So hopefully with next update once I get around it, its going to be fixed for real this time :^)

But again 'AA Injection' should be fine to use, its the Lua portion of the output that's poorly written.

And as always keeping backups for this very reason is a good idea ;)

I wouldn't worry about the Lua errors with "AA injection", since its only the output that craps the bed thanks to my bad output code, internally AA still does its thing fine.
Explanation of what happened here:
  • In this instance the Lua output though there was 22 driver grid instead 20, so it tried looking at the 21st drivers tyre sets, but since there is no driver 21 it just crapped the bed.
  • Also I'm fairly certain only real side effect of the Lua output erroring out is the Injection needs to be disabled manually.
If the same error had happened with 'Lua Injection' then there would have been high probably of it corrupting that weekend save, making it crash once loading past Practice 3.
I did think I managed to fix it after 0.1 with me changing how I validate the driver pointers... but guess this shows that the issue still has a chance of cropping up :^)

Thanks to my other CheatTable project, I have gotten around learning better practices when it comes to handling Lua stuff. So hopefully with next update once I get around it, its going to be fixed for real this time :^)

But again 'AA Injection' should be fine to use, its the Lua portion of the output that's poorly written.

And as always keeping backups for this very reason is a good idea ;)
Ok :) And do you think you have more time for one more thing? Would be possible create script for choosing wheater during weekend? For example no rain? :)

• Deleted member 147278

Ok :) And do you think you have more time for one more thing? Would be possible create script for choosing wheater during weekend? For example no rain? :)
Currently I have no plans to mess with the weather, sadly. Partially as I'm still trying to understand the weekend/season structure and partially of what I already understand off it seems bit too complicated for me.

Plus I don't really enjoy doing requests for mods that I don't plan to use myself, I just share what I've made for myself.

Currently I have no plans to mess with the weather, sadly. Partially as I'm still trying to understand the weekend/season structure and partially of what I already understand off it seems bit too complicated for me.

Plus I don't really enjoy doing requests for mods that I don't plan to use myself, I just share what I've made for myself.
Ok, no problem

Awesome work.

So have you seen AI use the second set of medium so far? I also only play 100% so would really like to know if they have that option just like us, even if they don't use it as often....it's a OCD thing lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back