AMS2 V8 Supercar SprintRace @ Spielberg GP - Thursday 28 july

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
I was going to join but I can't drive that car with such a tight steering ratio and I practised with the wrong car anyway, thought it was the 2022 Stock cars. Have fun guys.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, between the heat and kids not wanting to stay in bed I couldn't join race 2. Really enjoyed the car and track combo though, needed maximum concentration to get through the race

well done andrew (R1) and ingemar (R2) for runaway wins!
made some wheel changes that i had to configure on the fly for ams2 and the v8s; apologies for my ragged race1. after getting into guido out of T1 and a pair of spins, my rears were cooked.
race 2 went much better, just tried to hit all my marks and manage the tires and see if i could stay on the map. ingemar checked out but i had a nice multi-lap back and forth with lloyd for 2nd. kept locking up under breaking and downshifting into t3 in race 1 and switched to h-pattern for race 2 and was smoother at 3 and off the back straight.
they worked at austria,, put a fork in that place-vintage adelaide is my vote for next time

Had fun last night guys although I struggled with the car way more then I expected. Adelaide is fine bu me for next week. Same cars, i dont know. Perhaps try the stockcar 2022 on this track?
What would you guys think of 3 race of 20 min in stead of 2 of 30? I have seen great distances between drivers last few races in last 10 minutes. Perhaps a good way to be somewhat closer when we slowely grow to each other.

Had fun last night guys although I struggled with the car way more then I expected. Adelaide is fine bu me for next week. Same cars, i dont know. Perhaps try the stockcar 2022 on this track?
What would you guys think of 3 race of 20 min in stead of 2 of 30? I have seen great distances between drivers last few races in last 10 minutes. Perhaps a good way to be somewhat closer when we slowely grow to each other.
I notice that second races are often with less people than the first races, which is a pity. Are there any general reasons for? Driving with 4,5 cars on a track is a bit poor. 3 races could maybe even increase this?

That's a tricky one as you need to balance the attrition between races too as @RFFN-Mystikal mentioned. I suspect a lot of the time difference is actually due to mistakes rather than outright pace, which a shorter race might alleviate as you don't have to concentrate for as long, but I actually think that is a useful thing to learn.

For me personally, I try to take anything I can in a race as a reference of improvement, so the duration of the race isn't too critical. For example, when I first started almost 3 years ago I raced in the Sunday AC events and the first milestone was not pointing the wrong way at any point during the whole 60 mins. The second one was not getting lapped! :D

Perhaps try the stockcar 2022 on this track?
Ah, I totally forgot about the type of car in reference to changing the time format. I actually think the car is far more important to keeping things closer for the duration. Those V8s really punish mistakes, but I found the modern stockcars to be much more forgiving and predictable.

Agree. Still trying to find the ideal candidates for it, carefully going around the usual suspects like GT3-4-E. Untill now Caterham and Ginetta cup were most close racing cars. Stockcar I have yet to try myself, last race I organised, I could not be present.
Let me know with a tumbs up if you guys would like to try the Caterham

Last edited:
I definitely would be up for more Caterhams. They were great fun and the closest racing I've had on RD. With the numbers thing in second races, for me it is a time thing, I'm old and get tired at that time of night which is why I usually ask if it is ok to do just the first race. Generally I'd say the shorter length races are better as after 20 mins most races are pretty much decided when there is a reasonable sized difference to pace through the field, excepting when you have a couple of aliens battling for the top spot.

I will test that one. Remeber that our UK friends are on a -2 timeframe from the Netherlands. So 20.30 in NL is 18.30 in UK
I think we are only one hour behind atm:

1659086886072.png

Latest News

Back