AC Track of the Month: June

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
160607_abarth_595_09.jpg

Mazda-MX-5-Miata-Cup-Car.jpg

This year on Wednesday we almost only visited circuits where we have not raced before. And much more to come. Hope you all appreciate this.

But if we continue with this, it will be a long time before we do one of your favorite tracks again.

That's why I'm introducing the Track of the Month. Every last week of the month we go to a track of your choice.

By posting in this thread you can suggest one track where you want to go.
The track that gets the most suggestions will be chosen for the Wednesday event in the last week of June 2023.

Rules:

• Only suggestions of premium members will be taken into account
  • Only one track can be suggested. Posts with more will be ignored.
  • If mod then only from download section of RaceDepartment
  • In case of a tie, the organizer decides which one to choose.
  • No @Fat-Alfie tracks because we will be doing them in a championship sometime this year.
  • It is allowed to make agreements with other riders about which track to choose; so that track has a better chance to be chosen.
  • Also bribing is allowed.
So if you have a track you'd like to revisit, post it here.

Tracks of the Month in 2023:

• May: Road America
  • ?

Voting so far:
  • Le Mans 5
  • Sachsenring 3
  • Assen 1
  • Bridgehampton 2
  • Magny Cours 1
  • Zolder 1
  • Rouen-Les-Essarts 1
  • Caldwell 1
  • Jarama 2
  • COTA 1

Last edited:
Well it's June so there is only one place for me, and it's the centenary so...................... Le Mans.:D

I might even blow the dust off the Abarth if it wins the vote!;)
Paul,
Le Mans with or without chicanes or maybe the 1967 version (Le Grand Circuit 1967).

I don’t mind any of those, I guess Ernie would go for no chicanes:D and the 1967 is very fast and would definitely favour the Abarth so on balance maybe the current layout ( with chicanes) would reduce the gap a bit. Leave it to others if there is enough votes.
But the 1967 classic layout with multiclass Lola vs the Porsche 917 or Ford Vs Ferrari might be one for the future??

I may be a tad obsessed with the Garage 56 stock car entry this year so anything le mans is a go for me (hopefully we can get the warping sorted with all that drafting)

I still dream about racing there with this group with a 24hr cycle in 1hr. Need to get some LEDs on our cars to distinguish class :p

Lot of Le Mans votes, never been there (sim wise), sounds interesting.

But, since it’s June, I have to give TT-circuit Assen a vote. Things are allready quite buzzing around here in Assen, just a few weeks before the main event of the year in my back yard. Love to go back there in the sim!

Le Mans “no chicanes”, it is the only circuit I can drink my cup of tea on the long straight and relax..:)
Ach Quatsch,

You only need to repostion your Cupholder nearer to your mouth ;)

Not a big deal on a Profile rig :cool:

And before something stupid happens,

Soochsonring +4

(to speak söchsösch just push out out your lower jaw and replace all vowels with O!:p

For example the 'pitlane ambulance driver" is the "Foorooloogoorkronkenwoogenfoohror"

Last edited:
Ach Quatsch,

You only need to repostion your Cupholder nearer to your mouth ;)

Not a big deal on a Profile rig :cool:

And before something stupid happens,

Soochsonring +4

(to speak söchsösch just push out out your lower jaw and replace all vowels with O!:p

For example the 'pitlane ambulance driver" is the "Foorooloogoorkronkenwoogenfoohror"
Nice observation about our language mate. Where are you from? I'm from Saxony but from a region, where the slang sounds much nicer as it does around Chemnitz, Zwickau and so on. Your "Foorooloogoorkronkenwoogenfoohror" could come from this region.

I'm a bit surprised about the votes for LeMans. Without chicanes it's probably 90% full throttle for a whole hour. Does anyone know an app for cruise control? In my rig I can't reach my pedals to lay a brick on it.
Maybe it's a hint to change the cars in the future, too? :whistling:

Honestly, I sometimes have the time on Wednesdays but I'm not in favour with this car-combo. In general I'm not a fan of multi-class-races, because I'm always aiming to win a race. So choosing the faster car leads into reducing the amount of opponents even more, especially of those, who choose the slower car. But choosing the slower car myself, could make it impossible to win the race at all, which isn't attractive for me.

That's why I love single-car-events with cars, which are kind of easy to handle for the majority and provide good racing. So too less power and short braking distances aren't good for that.

So I don't get tired of recommending the Ferrari 458 street version. It handles nicely (also drifting), it isn't boring slowly, it needs longer brake distances, it only has a few setup options and it fits to street circuits as well as to permanent race tracks.

I'd quickly join an event or championship with it.

Maybe it's a hint to change the cars in the future, too? :whistling:

Honestly, I sometimes have the time on Wednesdays but I'm not in favour with this car-combo. In general I'm not a fan of multi-class-races, because I'm always aiming to win a race. So choosing the faster car leads into reducing the amount of opponents even more, especially of those, who choose the slower car. But choosing the slower car myself, could make it impossible to win the race at all, which isn't attractive for me.

That's why I love single-car-events with cars, which are kind of easy to handle for the majority and provide good racing. So too less power and short braking distances aren't good for that.

So I don't get tired of recommending the Ferrari 458 street version. It handles nicely (also drifting), it isn't boring slowly, it needs longer brake distances, it only has a few setup options and it fits to street circuits as well as to permanent race tracks.

I'd quickly join an event or championship with it.
Reik, the Abarth and Mazda are a great match as you can see on the results. I both cars you can go for the overall win. Fulvio wins always in both cars. Jason Bagley and John Power are winners in the Abarth with Ernie close behind. Allan is the boss in the Mazda with a lot of drivers close behind. You should really give it a try and see for yourself why these events are so popular. As for other cars I will organize on Tuesday in weeks where we don't have a Formula Agile event, races with other cars like the Lola T70 last Tuesday. The Ferrari 458 on a road course is tempting, I must say.

Reik, the Abarth and Mazda are a great match as you can see on the results. I both cars you can go for the overall win. Fulvio wins always in both cars. Jason Bagley and John Power are winners in the Abarth with Ernie close behind. Allan is the boss in the Mazda with a lot of drivers close behind. You should really give it a try and see for yourself why these events are so popular. As for other cars I will organize on Tuesday in weeks where we don't have a Formula Agile event, races with other cars like the Lola T70 last Tuesday. The Ferrari 458 on a road course is tempting, I must say.
Thank you very much for your quick and detailed reply! Your arguments for this car-combo sound convincing. So I may sign up with a Mazda in the future...

Latest News

Back