The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

You should use my M3 E30 base instead, because the amount of things which are right in the KS car are countable on one hand. :roflmao:
Thank you for proposal, as much as I would like to see other E30s, I don't have the skill to finish it in a decent time. Also there is already thread for E30 models, with no confirmation if it isn't being worked on or not though.

Is the left side a photo and the right side a screenshot? Almost had me fooled. ;)
When you posted that in the chat, I actually thought it was a real picture. Some of the bad lighting gives it away, but you really need to open it in a big view to notice.
Yeah the most obvious cues at a glance are the wheels just being different colors, the sun lighting being more yellow in the screenshot (couldn't really get sol to match), and the MM logo on the side. The more you look, the more differences you see, of course.

Personally I think it'd be a good idea if people modeled cars which have physics and sounds mostly done for them already, but you can't really force someone to model for free something they don't want to. All of the nice cars we have in AC to now which have a good model, physics and some even sound are just coincidence, basically miracles.
Yeah, it's a big time investment in both sides, if you want to do them right, and the interests kinda have to line up to make it happen. When I do something like this 325i I'm intentionally avoiding the investment so I don't want to shortchange someone who makes high quality physics by handing over a model like this. Otherwise I'd probably do an mspaint jalpa since I know someone's got the handling sorted out and just waiting for a scratchmade body to put on it.

Running a business, sure... Personal projects? The modder doesn't have to finish anything, IMO

I got tons of track layouts I've started, stopped, put on hold, for whatever reason. Could probably do a "1 week" very basic looking track on accurate data, but won't happen because I need to enjoy doing it, and not just to please a community.

Absolutely true. The only thing that matters for a modder that does stuff (especially if for free) is to be happy about it. Redoing stuff completely for tiny imperfections, or delaying releases for years for not being up to "standard" doesn't sound like something that would make it more enjoyable to anyone, but perhaps I am wrong, could be.

No, I think you're right. One of the most important skills you learn in design school is the ability to stop being such a committed perfectionist that you can actually get projects done. In pro design, of course, there are usually deadlines and clients, so getting things finished in a timely manner is vital, but the skill set is useful across many aspects of life. "Perfect is the enemy of good" and whatnot.

No, I think you're right. One of the most important skills you learn in design school is the ability to stop being such a committed perfectionist that you can actually get projects done. In pro design, of course, there are usually deadlines and clients, so getting things finished in a timely manner is vital, but the skill set is useful across many aspects of life. "Perfect is the enemy of good" and whatnot.

In tandem with that is the ability to take criticism for what it is, not let it be personal. That's why the profs at good design schools are ruthless in their critiques. You need to have a thick skin, otherwise you'll abandon the career very quickly :)

Work on DTM1992 Skins for Tommy78 Audi DTM V8 MOD

__custom_showroom_1596021896.jpg

is the mod any good? I've only seen screenshots, and the models looked rather low poly. Are the physics unique and well done (and not just been copied of other Kunos cars)? Do these cars work well with the Kunos E30 and 190E?
I find them well done tbh. I haven't tried the Audi yet, but the Mustang is real fun to drive. I can't really speak to the realism, but it's very believable IMO and can be compared to the handling of the Kunos cars. The Omega is relatively boring, so also very believable :D

Whole LA Canyon set?
well yeah
i needed to make my own ones
i would have done more, but it's quite a process to create!
The current ones are from my library at the office, and probably the only thing i didn't make
(with the rocks)
but i can't be sure if i bought those cars long ago, or just "found it" online

Reactions: CC

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 166 25.5%
  • Full game

Votes: 162 24.9%
  • CPU

Votes: 78 12.0%
  • Graphics card