The W.I.P Thread

Devkit just for xbox 1 , but you can plug it into your pc to run it ,
I have gtx 780 superclocked nearly bought another yesterday but deciding on the Ti 780 ,
But like the asus poseidon card not too sure yet :thumbsup:
View attachment 48660
Well then the devkit is not for me,:( i'm a playstation person. I will invest in all that pc stuff if i'm like 5 years older, conpleted my game architecture and design study and know everything about how cm works :cool::D

Last edited:
Well then the devkit is not for me,:( i'm a playstation person
There is devkits that have been out for a few years on ps but you need to be a registered developer I tried to register last year but they want to sell you the full devkit and it aint cheap!

I saw back in 2012 someone had actually edited the 3dmodels and saved the pssg files ,
I saw the mod on RD But for some reason it got taken down must have been due to copyrighted materials I presume ,

I Can not understand personally what codemasters are actually doing have not got a clue ,
Dirt showdown was a massive flop and so was grid2 that was also a joke ,
If they actually released updates for the Formula 1 series during the season , and even just after a race weekend and charged people for the updates it would be really popular ,
For example at the start of the 2014 season if they released Version 1.0 and just updated the 3D Models and drivers for the 2014 season and charged 9.99 would be a massive hit,
My personal opinion is that not releasing updates is a massive mistake as they have already got the licence so there is no issues to be had in doing so,
As long as cars and drivers was updated it would make a massive difference to everyone who plays the game,
I would rather buy a 0.9 version of F1 2014 Season for example and pay 19.99 and then would be happy to update the cars all the way through the season regardless of the cost ,
The Forza franchise on Xbox is one of the biggest selling DLC Content on racing games that there as ever been along with the Grantarismo series on PS ,

Releasing a game with only 4 weeks left of the season is a massive mistake , :thumbsup:

There is devkits that have been out for a few years on ps but you need to be a registered developer I tried to register last year but they want to sell you the full devkit and it aint cheap!

I saw back in 2012 someone had actually edited the 3dmodels and saved the pssg files ,
I saw the mod on RD But for some reason it got taken down must have been due to copyrighted materials I presume ,

I Can not understand personally what codemasters are actually doing have not got a clue ,
Dirt showdown was a massive flop and so was grid2 that was also a joke ,
If they actually released updates for the Formula 1 series during the season , and even just after a race weekend and charged people for the updates it would be really popular ,
For example at the start of the 2014 season if they released Version 1.0 and just updated the 3D Models and drivers for the 2014 season and charged 9.99 would be a massive hit,
My personal opinion is that not releasing updates is a massive mistake as they have already got the licence so there is no issues to be had in doing so,
As long as cars and drivers was updated it would make a massive difference to everyone who plays the game,
I would rather buy a 0.9 version of F1 2014 Season for example and pay 19.99 and then would be happy to update the cars all the way through the season regardless of the cost ,
The Forza franchise on Xbox is one of the biggest selling DLC Content on racing games that there as ever been along with the Grantarismo series on PS ,

Releasing a game with only 4 weeks left of the season is a massive mistake , :thumbsup:
Never played dirt, but i agree about grid 2, i found grid 1 more fun. And i don't know what takes so long to develop f1 games, in my opinion they don't have to re-design tracks etc, indeed just cars and maybe som other tiny things, but things like skinning etc what we do doesn't take a whole season so what is cm investing their time then in i ask myself. They would indeed sell more if they updated the older version of the game and maybe more dlc, like the 00's classic cars. But that needs again the licenses :(. And 2013 had been better if we wouldn't had the mirroring issue and editable 90's. But it isn't so we will see what the future brings

Never played dirt, but i agree about grid 2, i found grid 1 more fun. And i don't know what takes so long to develop f1 games, in my opinion they don't have to re-design tracks etc, indeed just cars and maybe som other tiny things, but things like skinning etc what we do doesn't take a whole season so what is cm investing their time then in i ask myself. They would indeed sell more if they updated the older version of the game and maybe more dlc, like the 00's classic cars. But that needs again the licenses :(. And 2013 had been better if we wouldn't had the mirroring issue and editable 90's. But it isn't so we will see what the future brings
Formula1 is a global sport and its in 100,s of millions of peoples homes ,
Like now for example I feel excited in myself awaiting the start of the new season , but we can not join in the racing on the track in the game itself ,
Making these f1 games they say at codemasters that they release the game in time for all the updates after mid season , but to be honest if you inspected all the cars they are all out of date anyway ,
I wish that they would have a codeamsters test car was not an official F1 Car but we could edit and update ourselfs this way it would not be a copyright material something like a pirelli test car but a updatable codemasters version,
If they released F1 2014 At the start of the season and updated all the cars to the specs that they will be starting with it would be a awesome game ,
I would be quite happy to pay for each update as they came out even if it was 3 days after a race weekend,
I agree with you , Only updating cars and other small things is nothing specially for a gaming company as big as codemasters ,
They could easily double there profits on the F1 Games and maybe triple it , There is marketing people at codemasters who just want taking into the parking lot and shooting , Its just one gimmick after another Grid2 was shocking :thumbsup:

improved rendering
5qjf.jpg
How do you make that chrommed effect?

How do you make that chrommed effect?
By changing the color of the "mc2_main_specocc.tga" file I believe that black on the car and white on the mc2_main_specocc.tga
Makes chrome and if you adjust the colors slightly you can achieve gold chrome effect but the car livery needs to be black :thumbsup:

You simply apply the metal texture to the main bodywork, then add the skin as a label over the top, with the paint parts of the texture file left blank.

I really don't know....have you looked at it in game yet? It's the only real way of checking.....look at it in the race and cutscene.....look at the logo at the front and see if it appears okay. I don't think it will look right still I could be wrong, but by checking in game should give you the answer.

I really don't know....have you looked at it in game yet? It's the only real way of checking.....look at it in the race and cutscene.....look at the logo at the front and see if it appears okay. I don't think it will look right still I could be wrong, but by checking in game should give you the answer.
Nope will try to do a 3 lap race and see what happens.

Latest News

Back