The W.I.P Thread

Fictional BR Petrobras Williams Mercedes-Benz helmets by @Gerald Chinoy
Thank you buddy for these awesome helmets. The teampack will be uploaded at weekend :sneaky:

20t0.jpg

7iph.jpg
When you will uploaded ? hopefully that soon

Me, @Meff28s and @Doker are working on a mod which gives you a grid full with classic cars from '88 season till '92. Here we post w.i.p. pics and other related stuff.

If people want to join, just pm me or meff28s.

Sorry, but WIP thread are not allowed in the forum, see the red text in this sticky :-

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...how-does-this-forum-work-how-to-upload.73612/

You can only use the WIP sticky thread here ;-

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/the-w-i-p-thread.68655/unread

/merged into the WIP sticky

Untitled-1.jpg

This car is just showing that I painted on the rear black and it mirrored onto the side pods it will never be made!
The game is a joke it was out of date when released and its going to be out of date all year,
We are waiting all year for F1 2014 And within 7 weeks of release it will be also out of date for another 45 Weeks of the year!

They need to release the game at the start of the season and make 10 updates at least throughout the season its not rocket science:sleep:

Last edited:
We are waiting for that ferrari...keep up the good work :)
I Was just showing its not possible ,
I painted the back of the car black and it painted the side pods black because of the mirrored textures ,
I have been trying to figure out how to get the 2012 cars into 2013 for 4 days now ,
Its hard to change things without it corrupting the files ,
People on RD Know how to add cars to the database I find it confusing , to understand as no one as ever explained it to me ,
I did ask about 5 people who was recommended in 2012 game about the database but no one replied ,
It would be possible to merge the difference between the 2 database and then have the
previous 2013 , along with the new 2014 season within the one game ,
And then use the cars from the 2012 season in the 2014 part of 2013 ,
But I keep getting the game crashing ,
People only like creating things for themselfs , I would have been happy spending a month getting the 2012 cars into the game and just passing the information along :thumbsup:

I Was just showing its not possible ,
I painted the back of the car black and it painted the side pods black because of the mirrored textures ,
I have been trying to figure out how to get the 2012 cars into 2013 for 4 days now ,
Its hard to change things without it corrupting the files ,
People on RD Know how to add cars to the database I find it confusing , to understand as no one as ever explained it to me ,
I did ask about 5 people who was recommended in 2012 game about the database but no one replied ,
It would be possible to merge the difference between the 2 database and then have the
previous 2013 , along with the new 2014 season within the one game ,
And then use the cars from the 2012 season in the 2014 part of 2013 ,
But I keep getting the game crashing ,
People only like creating things for themselfs , I would have been happy spending a month getting the 2012 cars into the game and just passing the information along :thumbsup:

Are you close to figuring it out?

You can merge the differences from 2 databases ,
You would add all the 2012 cars to 2013 game but rename the cars from "fe2" to "fe3" for the 2014 cars ,
This is possible and achievable I do not fully understand how to do it ,
People who fully understand the database could do this no problem ,
The database editor explains that it was designed to do this exact thing ,

Once the XBOX ONE Devkit is released it will be possible to build a PSSG File from scratch and save it without any issues ,
As soon as you add anything to the PSSG Database it crashes as the files are protected , you can only change things on the LOD Pssg files that is already there , like changing 7 / 8 for example as soon as you try deleting and adding new paras it corrupts it ,

So after trying everything with the textures and even trying different sizes like changing it from 2048-1024 for example its still all over the place ,

The easiest way to do it would to add the 2014 season to run along side the 2013 season ,
You would still have all the files on the game the same but when you go to play grand prix for example you would have the choice from classics 2013/ 2014 season ,
Just add all the cars like I Mention and change them from "2" "3"
:thumbsup:

Someone needs to add 2012 cars into "cars" inside 2013 folder and rename them /
ca3
fc3
fe3
lr3
ma3
mc3
me3
rb3
sa3
sc3
tr3
wi3
And change the settings within the database and add the 2014 season to the game along with merging the differences between the 2 games ,
This will enable you to have all the cars from 2012 game into 2013 game but as a full 2014 season ,
Its possible to do this I might end up figuring it out but have never changed anything from within the database ,
This way you can have best of both worlds ,
Only thing that I would change for example I would ass the 2013 setups files to the 2012 setups this way you have the updated physics ,

Or just add the 2013 setup files along with the tng files to 2012 and off you go :thumbsup:

Editor Information
This tool will allow you to edit the database.bin file from Grid, Dirt 3 and F1 2012. In the file you can edit tons of things like car restrictions for events, ai skill levels, new liveries(no longer replace existing) and so much more.

Features:

• Convert -- Converts the bin file into easy to understand and organized datatables or xml file.
  • Add/Edit Row Form -- New form that makes adding or editing much easier than before.
  • Compare/Merge Databases -- Get the differences between two databases and merge those differences.
  • Alternating Rows -- Puts color on every other row to make viewing easier.
  • Filtering -- Allows you to quickly search each column and has the option to turn on and off certain columns.
  • Column Sorting -- Lets you sort each column in ascending, descending or default order.
  • Command Line -- Includes a command line version of the program.
Usage

Someone needs to add 2012 cars into "cars" inside 2013 folder and rename them /
ca3
fc3
fe3
lr3
ma3
mc3
me3
rb3
sa3
sc3
tr3
wi3
And change the settings within the database and add the 2014 season to the game along with merging the differences between the 2 games ,
This will enable you to have all the cars from 2012 game into 2013 game but as a full 2014 season ,
Its possible to do this I might end up figuring it out but have never changed anything from within the database ,
This way you can have best of both worlds ,
Only thing that I would change for example I would ass the 2013 setups files to the 2012 setups this way you have the updated physics ,

Or just add the 2013 setup files along with the tng files to 2012 and off you go :thumbsup:
As i read this, can't i wait to put my hands on that pssg devkit :)

As i read this, can't i wait to put my hands on that pssg devkit :)
This is the first time that Microsoft or any company will have released a full DevKit to the public ,
You need to register for the DevKit at Microsoft online ,
With the DevKit you will be able to edit and change all the PSSG Files ,
Also its intentions are to get people to create there own games from scratch and place them on the Xbox live marketplace ,
Real interesting times , I will be messing around with it a lot ,
Even if I only create 1 car and 1 track to start with will be awesome , to add everything you created yourself but even that would be a big undertaking and probably would take months of planning to get done ,
I have not bothered buying a xbox one as of yet ,
The main reason that the devkit as not officially been released and It would involve buying a new wheel and everything so would end up costing close to a £1000 just to play on Forza5 ,
I will wait until there is a couple more decent racing games before spending that type of money ,
I have nearly got my pc how I want it , But have just seen the 780ti KingPin edition graphics card ,
Its the most powerful card on the planet , So trying to get 2 of those on sli watercooled :thumbsup:

This is the first time that Microsoft or any company will have released a full DevKit to the public ,
You need to register for the DevKit at Microsoft online ,
With the DevKit you will be able to edit and change all the PSSG Files ,
Also its intentions are to get people to create there own games from scratch and place them on the Xbox live marketplace ,
Real interesting times , I will be messing around with it a lot ,
Even if I only create 1 car and 1 track to start with will be awesome , to add everything you created yourself but even that would be a big undertaking and probably would take months of planning to get done ,
I have not bothered buying a xbox one as of yet ,
The main reason that the devkit as not officially been released and It would involve buying a new wheel and everything so would end up costing close to a £1000 just to play on Forza5 ,
I will wait until there is a couple more decent racing games before spending that type of money ,
I have nearly got my pc how I want it , But have just seen the 780ti KingPin edition graphics card ,
Its the most powerful card on the planet , So trying to get 2 of those on sli watercooled :thumbsup:
Wait, that devkit is for xbox or for pc? And all those graphic cards :confused: i just have 1 atm hd 4800 series :cool:

Wait, that devkit is for xbox or for pc? And all those graphic cards :confused: i just have 1 atm hd 4800 series :cool:
Devkit just for xbox 1 , but you can plug it into your pc to run it ,
I have gtx 780 superclocked nearly bought another yesterday but deciding on the Ti 780 ,
But like the asus poseidon card not too sure yet :thumbsup:
asus_rog_poseidon_780_1.jpg

Latest News

Back