The W.I.P Thread

Can I just point out (in the form of helping) that if these two helmets are going to be AI driver helmet replacements, you cannot have the fake visor wind deflector shading on the template, it will not line up and will look weird. It would be better if they wasn't there at all, and just let the in game helmet model do it for you,

Also on the Massa helmet, due to the in game model visor deflector, the Williams badge at the front of the helmet, this could be very badly distorted unless it's elongated.

Reactions: CC
Fictional BR Petrobras Williams Mercedes-Benz helmets by @Gerald Chinoy
Thank you buddy for these awesome helmets. The teampack will be uploaded at weekend :sneaky:

20t0.jpg

7iph.jpg
I am waiting for this it's is excellent

Can I just point out (in the form of helping) that if these two helmets are going to be AI driver helmet replacements, you cannot have the fake visor wind deflector shading on the template, it will not line up and will look weird. It would be better if they wasn't there at all, and just let the in game helmet model do it for you,

Also on the Massa helmet, due to the in game model visor deflector, the Williams badge at the front of the helmet, this could be very badly distorted unless it's elongated.
Thanks for the tip about elongating it? Do you mean the williams logo on top of the mercedes -benz text in Massa's helmet. About the visor deflector, you mean in the texture I should modify it ? Make it transparent?

On the Massa helmet the front logo on his helmet is different to say Alonso.

Have a look at the original texture and you'll get an idea on what I'm trying to explain. Look at the original Ferrari logo above the visor....see the differences.

One question, If I use Maldonado's helmet model instead of Massa's will that williams logo problem occur or not?

And what should I do exactly with the visor ? Can you describe it better?

What model does Maldonado use? Is it a Bell helmet, I cannot remember. If Maldonados helmet model carries a painted rear fin.....you'll need to make sure Massa's helmet texture has the fin painted, and it would have to be painted on the Maldonado helmet model for it to be correct. If the helmet has no fin or does but is transparent, then no painting is needed. The fake shading on the actual helmet above the visor needs to be removed from the texture as it will show on the model in the wrong place and look weird. The helmet models now have the deflector there as part of the in game model, so no need to create it on the texture.

What model does Maldonado use? Is it a Bell helmet, I cannot remember. If Maldonados helmet model carries a painted rear fin.....you'll need to make sure Massa's helmet texture has the fin painted, and it would have to be painted on the Maldonado helmet model for it to be correct. If the helmet has no fin or does but is transparent, then no painting is needed. The fake shading on the actual helmet above the visor needs to be removed from the texture as it will show on the model in the wrong place and look weird. The helmet models now have the deflector there as part of the in game model, so no need to create it on the texture.
So If I understand right by fake shading you mean the green paint part where the Mercedes-benz text is above the visor?

So basically all I have to do is to place the williams logo to a higher place cause you said it will look weird. But as I said when I made pics of those helmets they aren't done by me. Gerald is the one who knows everything about it. But if you can fix it for me I would be really glad cause i'm kinda confused about these helmet problems as I suck at making those :sick:

this year drivers have to put their racing numbers on their helmet.. so 19 has to be on massa's helmet and 77 has to be on bottas' helmet... but they look cool :thumbsup:
Will tell Gerald to make an update about it:)
But still don't know where we should put the numbers on the helmet. On the back?On the front?On the top? Who knows.

Will tell Gerald to make an update about it:)
But still don't know where we should put the numbers on the helmet. On the back?On the front?On the top? Who knows.
I'd put them on the top of the helmet (so that they're visible from the on-board-cam) and larger on the sides, like Raikkonen used to have No. 7. Just my idea.

I'd put them on the top of the helmet (so that they're visible from the on-board-cam) and larger on the sides, like Raikkonen used to have No. 7. Just my idea.
Thanks in Massa's case it's hard cause he has that vent thing on top of the helmet which makes it hard to place it properly. Thanks for idea, wil try to do that way. Appreciate it :thumbsup:

The Mercedes Benz logo is on the visor, not above it. What I am talking about is the shadow line that runs through the Williams logo at the front, plus on the visor strip. Remove it completely if using the helmets as replacements for the driver helmets. The actual wind deflector will do the shading.

The Mercedes Benz logo is on the visor, not above it. What I am talking about is the shadow line that runs through the Williams logo at the front, plus on the visor strip. Remove it completely if using the helmets as replacements for the driver helmets. The actual wind deflector will do the shading.
Alright I see now.

Early WIP PDVSA Lotus F1

Attachments

• 2014-01-18_00001.jpg
    2014-01-18_00001.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 436
  • 2014-01-18_00002.jpg
    2014-01-18_00002.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 430
  • 2014-01-18_00003.jpg
    2014-01-18_00003.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 434