rF2 *Special Event* V8 Supercars Season Opener - Sydney Motorsport Park Sun 06 Mar 2022

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
EYfqQ5F.png
To mark the end of my time as furloughed, and the start of the 2022 Repco Supercars Championship - no connection between the two. The 2022 Repco Supercars Championship starts off with a double header the first weekend of March, with one 300km night race on Saturday and one 300km night race on Sunday. We will not emulate that. However, we will do a 150km night race on Sunday.
Header picture and race-idea is from @Yves Larose

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: esports]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM V8S

Car(s):

• Supercars 2021 (Australian Series) [STEAM]
Track: Sydney Motorsport Park (Eastern Creek) [STEAM]
Layout:
Track Temperature
: 23
Fixed Setups: No (setups can be shared)
Start Type: Formation Lap & Rolling Start
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Night - In-Game start time: 19:30.
Weather: Forecast
ABS/TC: Factory Defaults

Schedule: (EU) Sunday 06 March 2022
Practice: 20:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 UTC (15 minutes)
Warm Up: 20:35 UTC
(5 minutes)
Race: 20:40 UTC (38 Laps) *Formation Lap & Standing Start!*

SuzukaGP2009.eb685cbd12f2aaf4740e0294174ba80c.png
INFORMATION & BASIC RULES

• All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • While our race is only half distance from the real one. It will last 55-60 minutes. Depending on tyre usage and strategy, you will need to stop one or two times.

Important regarding weather forecast!
Note that Sydney is GMT+11, so this means our race will start 09:40 Monday Sydney Time. So when you look at the forecast, that is what you should look for in regards to the race :)

@Denis Betty this is what i came up with in the short amount of time that i had, hope you like it :)

ls 1.png

ls 2.png

ls 3.png

Download link

To use liveries in game:
Choose a car in game(remember the number on the car). Click tuning/customize, and "create dir".
Find the created folder in: Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\FVR_V8Supercars_2021_ZB\(number on car) Unpack zip-file. Paste all the files there, and choose it on tuning/customize in game. Voila! :)

The rain is moving towards the track I see. Weather Radar:

333.jpg

The red blob is where the track is located, and where the RealWeather app for rFactor 2 grabs the weather data. The rain-cell that is mostly over the ocean, but somewhat over Sydney is moving straight to the track.
In the forecast in the OP, there is an option to see the radar. That radar will not mark out the track, but ou can see where it is on the picture above, and have a small idea about the weather when the race is coming closer tomorrow! :)

The rain is moving towards the track I see. Weather Radar:

View attachment 547162
The red blob is where the track is located, and where the RealWeather app for rFactor 2 grabs the weather data. The rain-cell that is mostly over the ocean, but somewhat over Sydney is moving straight to the track.
In the forecast in the OP, there is an option to see the radar. That radar will not mark out the track, but ou can see where it is on the picture above, and have a small idea about the weather when the race is coming closer tomorrow! :)
Maybe rain would be pretty fine cause my tires will be cooking there.:roflmao: never raced with such fast wearing tires yet....

Last edited:

Latest News

Back