AC Skoda 130 RS @ Zandvoort - Wednesday 4th March 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for the tag! Unfortunately Wednesdays are no good for me but I would really like to be more involved and race more, so will try to remember to keep checking the calendar. These tags every now and again are a good reminder that I should be doing that more often.

Thanks for the tag @Medilloni, I can only put my self as a maybe for the moment because I wont be in the city on Wednesday not sure if I will be back in time for the race. Fingers crossed, I have never driven this car before but it sure looks great and it probably is.

Thanks for the tag! Unfortunately Wednesdays are no good for me but I would really like to be more involved and race more, so will try to remember to keep checking the calendar. These tags every now and again are a good reminder that I should be doing that more often.
Thanks for the reply Chris and glad you see the tags as a friendly nudge, hope you can find the time when it fits ;)

Thanks for the tag @Medilloni, I can only put my self as a maybe for the moment because I wont be in the city on Wednesday not sure if I will be back in time for the race. Fingers crossed, I have never driven this car before but it sure looks great and it probably is.
Have put you down as a maybe Kresh, hope you can make it:) if I can get a reasonable setup I'll post it here if that helps (though standard is very good!).

Thank you for the tag. I will race with you! Maybe @dynz will join as well. See you tomorrow!
You're welcome Jeroen, and thanks for tagging dynz!

Unfortunately, Wednesdays normally don't work for me :(
Sorry about that Andreas, look forward to seeing you next time though:thumbsup:

I’ll give it a go John please.
Another car I find mystifying, Zandvoort is a circuit that also mystifying to me.
But will have a go to make the up numbers,
isn’t that good of me.:rolleyes:
Thank you Ernie, I really appreciate you signing up, if I'm honest, I have no idea how Craig figured out his amazing combo's of old and new stuff, he's a genius in keeping so many happy - pleasing 'most of the people most of the time' is a hard act to follow :unsure:

Like you I really struggle with the track so, racing apart, would value your opinion on the attached setup, and to maybe encourage others for this event.

Thinking about GTE/2, GT4, for the next event, though all suggestions really appreciated here or by pm.. it's your place after all:)

Attachments

• jp GPv2 zand 4.6v3.ini
    921 bytes · Views: 74
It really humbles me when I try and understand what day, what car, what track, what time, there just does not seem to be a formula that works for certain.
It should be obvious. Shouldn’t it. :O_o:

I love the randomness of all of this system, not knowing which track car combo that is going to turn up.

Will give your setup a go, put a fair bit of thought into this car, it is such an easy car to drive, struggled to go quicker than standard setup, which I always returned too.
Fine car for close racing though, in the end got a setup just to make me feel as though I had not wasted an hour of my time. :roflmao::roflmao:

Thinking about GTE/2, GT4, for the next event, though all suggestions really appreciated here or by pm.. it's your place after all:)

I've never thought of myself as an addict before now, but I need a GT fix & lots of 'em. :laugh:

GTE/2 Watkins Glen...

GT4 Watkins Glen Short or Mosport...

Count me in for tonight's race please - I might struggle to make the qualy, but I should be there for the race.

Is there going to be a GT3... race this Sunday?

I've never thought of myself as an addict before now, but I need a GT fix & lots of 'em. :laugh:

GTE/2 Watkins Glen...

GT4 Watkins Glen Short or Mosport...

Count me in for tonight's race please - I might struggle to make the qualy, but I should be there for the race.

Is there going to be a GT3... race this Sunday?
Haha, yes I need any GT fix badly too:laugh: - and only the other day I'd tried GT4/GTE/2 on a few tracks, Mosport being one of them... didn't need to do Watkins 'cos I love it with any car:inlove:

Thanks for the suggestions, for next Weds I'll put up a thread tomorrow for GT4 @ Mosport:thumbsup:

Regarding Sunday's GT3, I've not heard from Joel since I heard he was poorly, I have messaged him - though in the meantime the amazing Mr @Denis Betty is trying to get some info into my thick head to run something for this Sunday, dunno if it's too late but worth a try.

Oh yes, and you're on the list, thanks Patrick:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Please sign me up for this, I had enough of racing detox :cool:
Thanks! :thumbsup:
You're in, welcome Marek, hope you're over the detox :p ;)

download.jpg

@Medilloni

I would know your setup blind folded John, very good this one is too, I could see straight away I was quicker.
all it needed was for me to dumb it down a bit for my driving, increased power coast to tame the rear for me.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Haha, not sure what you mean Ernie:whistling: thanks for the feedback;) After I posted it, I tried it again with slightly softer rr springs, same lap time, less lively but a wee bit soggy.

Did try to get rid of the power-on understeer (in some places), though I should know by now, with the engine in the wrong place 'n all that....

IMG_20180708_200555.jpg
...before sims :laugh:

Latest News

Back