Show us your Rig / Cockpit

I think you need to place the wheel more flat, i mean now there is a curve. On default the wheel is like a truck wheel. in a race car the wheel is almost vertical placed. When i attach my wheel to the desk, i have no cockpit, i always put an Edding 3000 pencil under it, on the back side of the wheel. Then your wrists will not hurt because there is no angle in the wrists.

Try is out and you will see it feels much better with a vertical wheel.

• Protar73

Here is my cockpit, it isn't so cool as the ones i have seen here but i like it very much...and with my new samsung 226bw 22'' 2ms all races seems reals!!! the only thing i need now is a seat!!!
On the left side of the wheel u can see my pocketPC hp1940 with tomtom GPS so i will never loose the right way to the finish line LOOOL

Yes... I think Marcel is right. I had this problem when I build my cockpit, I had to add a special board to the steering wheel, being little inclined to have it as Marcel says. But it´s true tyoo, in real cars the wheel is as you fixed it in your cockpit, you shall find the most confortable to your standards.

I like a lot your concept of cockpit Roy, it fits pretty weel in you roffice... keep it on.

thanks for the thumbsup's guys

Phase6-1.jpg

Phase6-2.jpg

this is what it looks like now, and it will stay a while this way till i got my seating position perfectly sorted out (pedals are good, but need to find the correct steeringwheel position)As you can tell i am quite a neat freak when it comes to wires, most of them are hidden behind doors

lots of work though :)

• Žiga Lipovec

Very nice Roy!
respect for doing it all by your self!

do you have removable seat to get in there?

• Renaud de Munck

simply magnificent! Congratulations, that could just be ripped from one of those professional team simulators!
BTW: do you use manual clutch? (cause in real wtcc, they don't have that)

• Werner van Kuyk

renaud_de_munck said:
do you use manual clutch? cause in real wtcc, they don't have that

Oh how you wanne drive than whitout clutch?

if i have it good there is a dubble or tripple plate clutch in the car.

The BMW have H pattern i think that are Dogboxxe. The rest off the cars Syncquentel gearbox

for shifthing the don't use clutch bud for drive from standing the stil use clutch :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

use clutch for certain stuff in GTR2, not in WTCC (only start though) but mostly in GTL and TDU

worked all day on seating position:

Before:

Zitpositie-1.jpg

Steeringwheel much to high and far, lots of ackes in shoulders!

After:

Zitpositie-2.jpg

Steeringwheel lowered to lowest possible position, and a little bit more near to me. Felt already way better and relaxed, which it hopefully is

thanks for maik for hearing me complain and helping out with the position :)

looking at the pictures it might not look as a big deal, but it is this crucial!!

• Renaud de Munck

nice!

My Rig:

Engine: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ / 2GB Ram
Horsepower: ATI X850XT / ATI 7000 Both w/Digital Cables
Torque: Samsung 205BW 20.1" Wide FPD / 930B 19" FPD
Wheels: ECCI 6000 FLD w/Pocono Wheel
Pedals: ECCI (Unfortunately no clutch)
Shifter: TSW Speedshifter (six-speed gated shifter)
Exhaust: Logitech 5.1 Surround & Plantronics Headset (Mostly use headset)
Misc: Track IR Pro, Xkeys, on board fire extinguisher. ;-)

jezus, that looks brilliant, and neo's cockpit too. But I've not enough money to spend that much. I'm staying with my G25! How much do your special wheels, pedals and shifters cost?

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 130 27.3%
  • Full game

Votes: 111 23.3%
  • CPU

Votes: 59 12.4%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 85 17.8%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 52 10.9%