rF2 S397 Endurance @ Nurburgring - Fri 08 Apr 2022 *Awesome April 2/5*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I use VR, I have a HP G2 with a 1080ti... I tried this track, and with the same settings I usually use, it's undriveable... With lowest settings is barely usable, with some stutter in several part of the circuit...
...but it look like this:roflmao:
f1gp.jpg

Damn I love this track :)

I did around 1 hour of running (Practice + Race).

Hardware:
- 34 Zoll Ultrawide at 3440 x 1440

Game configuration:
- Almost everything on Ultra / High

Test setups:

## 1 Rain
- GT3
- 23 AI
- Rain ( :( )

With rain I had around 60-70 FPS around the lap though frame-drops on start-finish at around 40. On the rolling start with 23 AI I had drops under 35 FPS on the start + pitlane.

## 2 Clear
- GT3
- 23 AI
- Clear

After switching to clear weather I got 80-90 FPS around the lap and around 60 at start-finish. On the rolling start it went down to around 50.

Compared to Nürburgring that are around 10 FPS less consistently. Yesterday I had at around 90-100 FPS when it was not raining. All it all I could live with that but I'm not sure about VR users.

What I also recognized is that the Track limits at the fast chicane in sector 2 is super strict (Drive-throughs incoming)

I see pretty much the same picture as @David Steinacher .
In the pits I start at 44fps, but after that I never noticed it dipping under 60 fps. Except for the start/finish, I was getting 80 - 90 fps. Haven't tried rain, but I'm sure it would be fine.
So for me it is absolutely fine, but I fear that VR users might struggle.

Looked like the bottleneck is the vram as I was using 80%.

But as David says, this is an awesome track :thumbsup:

My VR had a view freeze of some seconds, when you passed me yesterday.
Think it was due to limited ressources of my graphic card (1080 TI with HP G2 VR must set it at 40% to run it at 80 FPS :( ) especially for Nürburgring.

I will try in the next days how it will work at Albertpark.

Ps: If the price of the 3090 will drop under 1900.- € in the next future , I will go for an upgrade.

Mid race-like scenario 'clear' weather:
Lowest fps on start/finish is 94fps
Lowest fps on the rest off the track 104fps
Lowest is 92fps driving through the pits.

Start/finish with 15cars in front 'clear' weather:
lowest is 82fps on start/finish with the cars driving away

I use VR, I have a HP G2 with a 1080ti... I tried this track, and with the same settings I usually use, it's undriveable... With lowest settings is barely usable, with some stutter in several part of the circuit...
...but it look like this:roflmao:
View attachment 557024

Thanks for the testing guys :)
If others want to test, that's just helpful.

I really want to race on the track, as I love it. But have put up another track for next Friday, maybe we'll visit Albert Park at the very end of April :)

Latest News

Back