rF2 S397 Endurance @ Nurburgring - Fri 08 Apr 2022 *Awesome April 2/5*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Will it still be Friday next week? It being Good Friday (yes, I googled that - Englishmen are translating it wrong, obviously: German „Karfreitag“ has to be „car Friday“) and so on

I honestly don't know. 99.99% of me are saying yes.
Then again, here people are usually skiing in the mountains, or just staying home doing nothing. Easter isn't really a huge thing in that sense. So I don't know how it will work out, but I see no reason not to try :p

Results are already up! :)
Remember, if you click "races" you can see all kinds of stats from the races! https://ommyrvold.net/rdrf2/awesome_april.html

1649456498215.png

All time stats: https://ommyrvold.net/rdrf2/all_time_stats.html (Note "titles" are not entirely correct, as it takes the leader of the "Awesome April" as the winner of a "title" as well!)

Wow, what a race - that was just epic fun :thumbsup:

@Michael Rudolf don't know how you do it, but damn you are fast. I had the best qualy lap ever and was still a full second away. And in the race you were just off into the distance after about 2 corners :confused:

@Ole Marius Myrvold, you should probably have had that second place, but there was no way in #### I was going to give that up :D

Really loved racing in those conditions and in the DPI. More of that please :thumbsup:

@Michael Rudolf don't know how you do it, but damn you are fast. I had the best qualy lap ever and was still a full second away. And in the race you were just off into the distance after about 2 corners :confused:
Thanks mate, I slowly get a hang of these cars and manage to find a good flow. Lost it a bit around the pit stop though, Interlagos was better but still happy, especially that I got only one cut warning :roflmao: Also need to work my fuel calcs, took about twice of what I needed and lost like 9 seconds in the pits. No idea how you and Ole managed to stay out so long. That did cost me the grand slam :mad: ;)

No idea how you and Ole managed to stay out so long. That did cost me the grand slam :mad: ;)

I ran a bit on lower fuel modes, also did some coasting towards the end of the stint. I had decided if it started raining again before my stop, I'd switch to inters.

Turned out that it was a really bad decision. I pitted the same lap as Lars, but he had the pit-box right in front of mine, so I had to turn in on an angle. That added 7 seconds(!) to my pit-stop, and I was "lost" :(

Also @ThreeLionz @Herlev @Michael Rudolf @Reiche @rockracer @Stammeleer @Xalfy @Monkey T. @David Steinacher @Luca Ciarfella @Dean Maković @Hartmut2 @xoSx.Racing @Maciej Strzeboński @Roy Magnes
And all others that can be bothered :p

Someone (Joe) asked for us to race at Albert Park (Melbourne), but I can see some comments that the track is demanding on the system. I run a modern fairly high-end setup, with a 3080ti and a single monitor. So I'm not really able to test if there are serious issues with the track. Would be lovely if I were to get some feedback on how the track runs!
Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2790023118

Also @ThreeLionz @Herlev @Michael Rudolf @Reiche @rockracer @Stammeleer @Xalfy @Monkey T. @David Steinacher @Luca Ciarfella @Dean Maković @Hartmut2 @xoSx.Racing @Maciej Strzeboński @Roy Magnes

Someone (Joe) asked for us to race at Albert Park (Melbourne), but I can see some comments that the track is demanding on the system. I run a modern fairly high-end setup, with a 3080ti and a single monitor. So I'm not really able to test if there are serious issues with the track. Would be lovely if I were to get some feedback on how the track runs!
On it right now :thumbsup: Which settings would make sense for such test?

On it right now :thumbsup: Which settings would make sense for such test?

The settings you normally use. If people who normally runs rF2 fine have sudden framedrops, or areas where the frames fall a lot, that is an issue. Of course, if that happens, you can try to change settings, but then you are moving in to a time consuming process that I feel would be a bit OTT!

I would advise adding 12-15 AI's. IIRC, 1 AI-Car = 2 Humans online (as your PC isn't calculating the physics in the same sense for online cars as it does with AI cars).

EDIT: Also, if there are other issues popping up, please tell me. I haven't actually tested it myself yet.

Will test in a couple of hours, would it be helpfull to compare it to the nurburgring gp track performance with min, max, avg. framerates?
(I saw the page mentioning the albert park track filling up vram, I have a 1070ti with 8GB vram screen resolution of 1080p)

Will test in a couple of hours, would it be helpfull to compare it to the nurburgring gp track performance with min, max, avg. framerates?
(I saw the page mentioning the albert park track filling up vram, I have a 1070ti with 8GB vram screen resolution of 1080p)

Not really. It should be pretty noticeable right away if it drops too low. Nurburgring used to have the same issue at start-finish, but it's been improved luckily.

Turned out that it was a really bad decision. I pitted the same lap as Lars, but he had the pit-box right in front of mine, so I had to turn in on an angle. That added 7 seconds(!) to my pit-stop, and I was "lost" :(
Yea I wish the game would just spread out the pit boxes over the available space. With so few cars there would always be way enough space.

Upgraded to a 3080 Ti last week and also on a single monitor so my feedback would not help much. Can run Nurburgring on Ultra settings now without any issues

I'll give it a go.
I have a GTX 1080 TI which normally let's me run with everything on high and on an ultra wide.

I honestly "heard" that "I'll give it a go" in your voice. Creepy.

Yea I wish the game would just spread out the pit boxes over the available space. With so few cars there would always be way enough space.

Upgraded to a 3080 Ti last week and also on a single monitor so my feedback would not help much. Can run Nurburgring on Ultra settings now without any issues

Yup. But this is the first time in 2 years I've had the issue, so no big deal. If I hadn't changed tyres it wouldn't taken so much longer and I also forced Lars to have to put it into reverse to get out as well :whistling:

Oooh, congrats with new GPU! :D

Damn I love this track :)

I did around 1 hour of running (Practice + Race).

Hardware:
- 34 Zoll Ultrawide at 3440 x 1440

Game configuration:
- Almost everything on Ultra / High

Test setups:

## 1 Rain
- GT3
- 23 AI
- Rain ( :( )

With rain I had around 60-70 FPS around the lap though frame-drops on start-finish at around 40. On the rolling start with 23 AI I had drops under 35 FPS on the start + pitlane.

## 2 Clear
- GT3
- 23 AI
- Clear

After switching to clear weather I got 80-90 FPS around the lap and around 60 at start-finish. On the rolling start it went down to around 50.

Compared to Nürburgring that are around 10 FPS less consistently. Yesterday I had at around 90-100 FPS when it was not raining. All it all I could live with that but I'm not sure about VR users.

What I also recognized is that the Track limits at the fast chicane in sector 2 is super strict (Drive-throughs incoming)

I see pretty much the same picture as @David Steinacher .
In the pits I start at 44fps, but after that I never noticed it dipping under 60 fps. Except for the start/finish, I was getting 80 - 90 fps. Haven't tried rain, but I'm sure it would be fine.
So for me it is absolutely fine, but I fear that VR users might struggle.

Looked like the bottleneck is the vram as I was using 80%.

But as David says, this is an awesome track :thumbsup:

My VR had a view freeze of some seconds, when you passed me yesterday.
Think it was due to limited ressources of my graphic card (1080 TI with HP G2 VR must set it at 40% to run it at 80 FPS :( ) especially for Nürburgring.

I will try in the next days how it will work at Albertpark.

Ps: If the price of the 3090 will drop under 1900.- € in the next future , I will go for an upgrade.

Mid race-like scenario 'clear' weather:
Lowest fps on start/finish is 94fps
Lowest fps on the rest off the track 104fps
Lowest is 92fps driving through the pits.

Start/finish with 15cars in front 'clear' weather:
lowest is 82fps on start/finish with the cars driving away

Latest News

Back